E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335d to X6 colours and thoughts?

11-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
UltimateManga
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 & X6

335d to X6 colours and thoughts?

Hey guys after just over 3 years of fun and enjoyment in my 335d its time for a change i feel! The cars never missed a heart beat and been a joy to own especially as its been remapped too but im going with my heart and been offered a great deal on a x6 40d but only worries are choosing the rite colour as im keen on alpine white with black 20" Y spokes but wonder how long white will look good for or should i play it safe and go down the sapphire black route? I'll be greatful for your thoughts and opinions guys, would be much apreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
NJ 1161
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D M3

Enjoy the moment. Go for white, but sell it before white becomes unfashionable again!
      11-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Triggster
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 M Sport 330D

Alpine white.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateManga View Post
...been offered a great deal on a x6 40d
What sort of deal? See Broadspeed are showing £8,833 off at the moment on base car...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
UltimateManga
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 & X6

Theres a few factors involved like trade in price,discount on new car plus low rate finance so all is good but my worry is as much as i love alpine white will it still be desirable in a couple of years time?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Desirable?

Desirable by whom?

Since the car is leased I presume you're off the hook when it comes to resale, so what do you care if white cars don't sell well in a couple of years (which I doubt very much).

If you like white, go for it. Personally I find it a very impractical colour here in the UK where our roads are so dirty and nearly always wet. I try to go for colours I both like and that look good 6 days out of 7 instead of 1...the day it gets washed.

Bear in mind that an X6 is a lot of car to clean, so a colour that tolerates a little grunge ain't bad IMO. White is a great colour for showrooms and dry sunny climes, where it stays cool AND clean. For the UK, colours that change based on the angle the light hits the car are a lot more practical...greys, blues and silvers often have a 'hewn from solid' look that again IMO is very attractive and quite practical in terms of showing up the dirt.

I just had the rear arches of my grey X5 resprayed and fitted with clear protective decals under warranty because the stone chips were so bad. This 'grit blasting' is a feature of British roads never seen in other European countries. Coming back to the UK from Germany in winter, you immediately notice how much dirtier the roads are, so buying a highly sensitive colour that looks amazing when clean, but never is seems a little masochistic.

Of course there's no doubt that AW does look kick-ass with black wheels!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Desirable?

Desirable by whom?

Since the car is leased I presume you're off the hook when it comes to resale, so what do you care if white cars don't sell well in a couple of years (which I doubt very much).

If you like white, go for it. Personally I find it a very impractical colour here in the UK where our roads are so dirty and nearly always wet. I try to go for colours I both like and that look good 6 days out of 7 instead of 1...the day it gets washed.

Bear in mind that an X6 is a lot of car to clean, so a colour that tolerates a little grunge ain't bad IMO. White is a great colour for showrooms and dry sunny climes, where it stays cool AND clean. For the UK, colours that change based on the angle the light hits the car are a lot more practical...greys, blues and silvers often have a 'hewn from solid' look that again IMO is very attractive and quite practical in terms of showing up the dirt.

I just had the rear arches of my grey X5 resprayed and fitted with clear protective decals under warranty because the stone chips were so bad. This 'grit blasting' is a feature of British roads never seen in other European countries. Coming back to the UK from Germany in winter, you immediately notice how much dirtier the roads are, so buying a highly sensitive colour that looks amazing when clean, but never is seems a little masochistic.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #8
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

I have just bought one myself using the broadspeed deal, they couldn't have done more to be honest they needed a sale :-)

I have gone for black sapphire with oyster like this one

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...=640153&page=8

What options have you gone for, my spec is below

X6 3.0d
Black sapphire
Oyster leather
Bamboo wood
Dynamic pack
Media pack
Ext folding and dimming mirrors
Seat heating
Third seat