E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Please HELP! aftermarket head unit and sub woofer!

08-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
xxvietboizxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92

Please HELP! aftermarket head unit and sub woofer!

Hey Guys,

I just recently got my new 09 e92 jet black (woot!). I really wanted to get an in-dash dvd player (I was thinking of Kenwood KTV-614) for my car along with a little subwoofer (you know, nothing major, just something to have a little feel of bass). However, I don’t really know much about car audio so I went to an audio shop (they have experiences with BMW of course) and they quoted me on what I wanted. They said that my parts would cost around $950 - $1200 ($550 for the in-dash and $300 for the amp) and depending what additional features (Bluetooth, steering wheel control, etc) I would want, it would cost about $2000 with installation. Now, my car is standard with no BMW assist, no idrive, and no Bluetooth. I want to ask if this is a reasonable price. Basically, to sum it up, all I want is to replace my head unit with an aftermarket one, still have my steering control, and just a subwoofer to have a feel of the bass. I would do the installation myself since there are some DIY out there, however, I can’t seem to find the harness or face kit for the car. If anyone has experience with this and if it is not hard then please help me. I would like to do this process myself if possible. Right now, I’m thinking the head unit is a plug and play with the harness. LOL, I’m a newbie at this. Thank for you in advance!
Appreciate 0