E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Motorline BMW - Experience the arrogance

08-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #23
TimE90
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 R56 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheps View Post
yea motorline is kinda like gamedude..... if i ever go back to a bimmer, i would buy interstate and get it shipped up.
lols

I will never go bk to motorline.

I got a fault on my engine management while I had the old e46. Motorline want nearly 2000 bucks for it and Bruce Lynton only charged me around 800 because Bruce Lynton were (still is) good enough to argue with BMW Melbourne about faulty part should be BMW's issue.

any more to say ????

When I tried to upgrade from e46 to e90 during 05. (NOTE: I bought the e46 from motorline ) Guess what the difference between change over price is nearly 4000 bucks between Motorline and Bruce Lynton

will I go bk ???? NO WAY
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #24
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBeemer View Post
My experiences at Westside BMW at Darra have been fantastic. They are professional, knowledgeable and always friendly. They seem to really appreciate their customers and take the time to help you. You can book online too- it's easy. (Next to Gardenway on the roundabout there just off Centenery Highway) Buying and servicing they get my
I will give thumbs up for WESTSIDE DARRA BMW there service guys and other staff are very professional and they looked after me very well having a bit of problem with my battery 2 yrs old first time they charged the battery all day and night gave me a free loan car for 2 days and battery started loosing charge again went in again free loan car brand new 323 sedan waiting on a bigger battery from Germany under warranty my car only does short trips so loan car again when the new battery comes in.
Sitting down and the female staff ask me if i would like a coffee very friendly indeed.
      08-12-2010, 04:55 AM   #25
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

I got to admit this current BMW I purchased from Westside and even though it's out of my way, I have and will take it back there for service. Even though they are one and the same as Brisbane BMW, they arn't as rushed and service just feels a notch better.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #26
E90 QLD
Paid Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: hopefully e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBeemer View Post
My experiences at Westside BMW at Darra have been fantastic. They are professional, knowledgeable and always friendly. They seem to really appreciate their customers and take the time to help you. You can book online too- it's easy. (Next to Gardenway on the roundabout there just off Centenery Highway) Buying and servicing they get my
Even though I havent been to all the dealerships in and around Brissy, my experience at Westside was much better than at others... no names... ok...Motorline.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #27
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 QLD View Post
...Motorline.
shhh its a secret....
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #28
mat320i
Rep
Drives: 320i M-Sport with Innovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by thylacine View Post
If you look around the various BMW forums you'll find plenty of examples of problems that Motorline BMW refused to fix.

For example you could start with the Aussie BMW Dealership (Black List) on this site and the Disappointed BMW Owner threads.

Perhaps those posters can afford good lawyers, I can't.
Im the one that wrote the "Disappointed BMW Owner" thread and no i cannot afford a good lawyer. if i could i would bury motorline. i am still battling with my lemon of a car. its gotten to the point where i cannot afford to keep it and i am putting it on car sales and going back to a commodore. i have an even longer list of issues since the last update on that post but didnt want to keep blabbering on about them. Motorline dont care unless you buy higher end cars and even then they get bored after a while. i know from experience with someone i know that owns a X5M Z4M and 750I they love him. dont have time for the humble 3 series owners though.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 06:42 AM   #29
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Is it feasible that no service was needed up 'till 20K? My 325i didn't ask for oil until 21.5K.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #30
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

There should also be a Vehicle Check after the first ~12 months, irrespective of kms on the odometer (and then every 12 months?)... at least that's what my E90 requested.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 11:27 PM   #31
V1_R
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 530i

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [10.00]
this Motorline sounds pretty lousy
      10-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #32
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

well, my first service was after 2 years of first purchase when the service due light went off since they go by the cars condition based service computer alerts and the dealership confirmed that...for oil they go by the computer too though they did do a oil change when went for the first service...also was told that the cars don't need a break in service either when new since the engines already come pre run or something like that at the factory...sounds all magical but atleast that's BMW dealerships explanation and went with that
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |

Last edited by cruvon; 10-20-2010 at 01:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #33
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianPete View Post
this Motorline sounds pretty lousy
spot on
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #34
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
...also was told that the cars don't need a break in service either when new since the engines already come pre run or something like that at the factory
That's true for most BMWs except M cars. Due to the high performance nature of M cars, they have a higher run-in period (7500 km vs 2000 km for the rest) including increased oil consumption, and may require a run-in service. For M cars, it's best to check the Service Manual for confirmation.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #35
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
That's true for most BMWs except M cars. Due to the high performance nature of M cars, they have a higher run-in period (7500 km vs 2000 km for the rest) including increased oil consumption, and may require a run-in service. For M cars, it's best to check the Service Manual for confirmation.
true, mines a 320 so that could also partially explain the longer intervals between services compared to more poweful higher cylinder engines as also that no run in or other servicing was required till 2 years since purchase.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 12:00 AM   #36
xcuzme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

i live in sydney but i bought my car from westside in darra brisbane as well

went to a few dealers in sydney and just experienced arrogance and an unhelpful attitude all around. these people think because they work at bmw that they are something high and mighty, unfortunately they dont realise they are still just salesmen....

westside was fantastic, they went out of their way to accomodate my requests, picked me up from the airport and still give me follow up calls to see how things are going.

ill buy my next beemer from up there too.

i had mine serviced by northshore bmw last week. told them to fix the creaking door seal. they lube it up, still creaks. call them and say how about i come and you replace it. they say they need to have the car for the day to "analyse the problem".

pretty simple in my eyes. they tried fixing it, it wasnt fixed, replace it.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #37
ansch
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Had one of these experiences yesterday. The car is a 2006 320i. Had the air con checked for leaks and re-gassed again for the third time in 3 years. Yup, a car that requires re-gas every 12 months. There must be a leak right? Car was re-gassed in 2008 by the previous owner. Last december 2009, when the car was still in warranty, it was not cooling, they said can't find leak, re-gassed and checked again and no leak reported. This year around november, the a/c wasn't cooling again. So took it back and this time they say they cleaned the input valve and re-gas. $250 thank you very much. I asked why was the leak not found when it was under warranty and query whether they should honor the fact that this issue existed when the car was still in warranty. SA basically say because no parts were replaced, bmw australia won't do anything. We also called up the service manager afterward and the experience got even worse. He basically tried to palm off the problem and said there mustn't have been a leak last year if they didn't find any (despite the car losing gas). When asked what if it happens again in 12 months time he said bring it back and they'll look at it. Asked "Would there be another $250 to re-gas?" reply "probably". What annoyed me was the fact he did not check my record the whole time, so he has no idea who he was talking to, what the car is and what the service history was. People making assumptions are just plain asses and here is the BMW service manager doing so.

Anyway, sorry for long rant. At the end of all this, it's not about the $250. It is a reasonable price for the work they performed. However, what this experience have done is make me lose confidence in a) their ability to find fault to problems b) their customer service practice c) why pay a premium and be loyal to get a full bmw service history when even the service manager do not even consider the facts before palming off a customer.

What is the contact details (phone/ email) for bmw australia by the way?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 04:17 AM   #38
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansch View Post
What is the contact details (phone/ email) for bmw australia by the way?
The website only lists a phone No: 133 BMW (133 269)

http://bmw.com.au/com/en/general/contact/contact.html
Appreciate 0