E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Blackboxmycar - AWESOME Experience (Dashcam)

01-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
E91 Hoarder
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 AWD, E91 RWD, E90, X535i

Thumbs up Blackboxmycar - AWESOME Experience (Dashcam)

Just want to share my very positive experience with Blackboxmycar.com (Alex). This guy is simply amazing. Some vendors should take a lesson from him on how to do a great customer service. and

I purchased my Blackvue DR400G-HD last summer through a group buy. Alex was able to answer all my million questions before the purchase, responding withing minutes. Then, after the purchase, he provided all the technical support to help me install it, and made sure everything worked. Six months later, I was having an issue with my Blackvue and I wrote Alex for help. And again, he took no delay in coming forward and resolving it for me.

Overall, I am a very happy customer and would recommend him to anybody who's considering getting a dashcam. Also, Blackboxmycar is an authorized reseller for Finevu and Blackvue here, so you get a full warranty support as well.

BTW, had a chance to meet Alex in person, during my trip to Whistler - he's a nice guy in person.

Cheers!

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
BigFoig
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

Do not buy from blackboxmycar. This man is shilling for this shaddy company.

Ill post some proof in a bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
BigFoig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Here's what happened...

I organized a group buy of the original Blackvue direct from the manufacturer. I dealt with their manager of overseas sales and told him up front what I was doing. He gave me a price, and I sold to RFDers at my cost. They also made me an authorized dealer for their cams.

After my group buy, I was contacted by a guy in BC asking for advice on how to import the cams cheaply. I helped him out, and he started a company called BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC). He became an authorized dealer for the Blackvue, and began selling the cam for profit.

A few months after my group buy was done and all the cams were distributed, the manufacturer sent an email to all authorized dealers stating that they had implemented a minimum selling price for their cams.

In the fall, I was asked by many people to run a second group buy, so I made a few posts here on RFD stating that I was thinking about it.

When BBMC saw that I was possibly going to run another group buy, they got upset because they felt it would make it harder for them to sell their cams. They reported me to the manufacturer and said that I was breaking their minimum selling price rules, even though I didn't even have any cams to sell.

The manufacturer believed BBMC because they speak Korean and I don't. They shut me down as an authorized dealer, refused to ship me additional cams, and voided the remaining 3 months of warranty that was left on the cams that I imported in my first group buy.
This is the man that started it all. He was the first one to become a dealer not what bbmc keeps saying. Look how intently they are trying to prove that picture of being an official vendor and all. Seriously whens the last time youve seen a professional post a picture of their degree online to gain credibility. I suggest you avoid buying from bbmc and pittasoft all together. I bought mine from an authorized dealer too and pittasoft turnd around and canceled all out warranties.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSerge View Post
Just want to share my very positive experience with Blackboxmycar.com (Alex). This guy is simply amazing. Some vendors should take a lesson from him on how to do a great customer service. and

I purchased my Blackvue DR400G-HD last summer through a group buy. Alex was able to answer all my million questions before the purchase, responding withing minutes. Then, after the purchase, he provided all the technical support to help me install it, and made sure everything worked. Six months later, I was having an issue with my Blackvue and I wrote Alex for help. And again, he took no delay in coming forward and resolving it for me.

Overall, I am a very happy customer and would recommend him to anybody who's considering getting a dashcam. Also, Blackboxmycar is an authorized reseller for Finevu and Blackvue here, so you get a full warranty support as well.

BTW, had a chance to meet Alex in person, during my trip to Whistler - he's a nice guy in person.

Cheers!
+1, Great guy to work with. He is knowledgeable in all his products and is professional in all aspects of his service, from installation to clientele interactions.

Definitely recommend BBMC if you are looking for a reliable dashcam. Alex will go through everything about the dashcam you purchased and teach you step by step on setting it up yourself and educating you on the software.

Being an authorized dealer of BlackVues and FineVu's, your warranties will be fully honoured. I have had experience with him on warranties and claims. He is straightforward and always willing to help.

Oh yea, the DR500G-HD are out. I am planning on upgrading current cam and look forward to dealing with Alex again!
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
blackboxmycar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP & F15 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoig View Post
This is the man that started it all. He was the first one to become a dealer not what bbmc keeps saying. Look how intently they are trying to prove that picture of being an official vendor and all. Seriously whens the last time youve seen a professional post a picture of their degree online to gain credibility. I suggest you avoid buying from bbmc and pittasoft all together. I bought mine from an authorized dealer too and pittasoft turnd around and canceled all out warranties.
Hey,

We did not void any warranty on the shipment that Rene received. We even called Blackvue to confirm that they didnt void warranty on Rene's shipment. I have also notified Rene about this issue and he will be able to address any concern.

As for the Group Buy, Pittasoft did not want to do another group buy at that price range anymore. As a primary contact for Pittasoft, we had to break out the news and you guys are all mad. Besides, we are 100% Canadian and we pay all the duties and taxes unlike Rene. We tried and are trying our best to provide the competitive pricing and provide best customer service to all our customers.

We tried to address all the questions and issues on the website, but you guys don't want to hear anything from us and don't give us a chance to explain it.

Anyways, here is Kate's email. You can contact her for any warranty or questions regarding this whole issue.

leejh@pittasoft.com
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #6
BigFoig
Banned
Rep

You must be joking about how paying duties and taxes justifies that scummy move. The only reason you reported rene for organizing another groupbuy is because it will hurt your bottom line. Shit if another company started selling cams for $50 less than i was selling it for id e pissed too. But thats part of business. Its called competition. I still dont know why you went cring to mommy after rene was the one to help you start up your business in the first place. You are the only that asked rene how to import this as cheap as possible. Afterwords you started selling cams and no one minded. But as soon as rene wanted to start another griupbuy you got all mad because you got scared you would lose customers. Lets face it the return on customers is low. Your not selling food. So you got scared.

Lol at being the first authorized dealer in canada. You know damn well rene was the first one to be authorized but since you like to backstab the people who helped you start up in the first place thats pretty scummy. No you didnt have to report anything. The only reason your now calling pittasoft and not two months back is because of people like me who realize how scummy you are and are voicing their opinions. You knew that the cams warranty was being voided and so anyone with problems would have to buy from you. Now with all this negative publicity of your company you decided to call pittasoft and inform them of the pending backlash of consumers.

Face it your blackvue sales are down. You got banned on redflagdeals.com the site where all this came about because of how you handled things. And since your company is ecommerce your scared of people like me who write real reviews of how you do business.

Its cool to make a dollar and all but not at the expense of others. Certainly not at the expense of your mentor rene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboxmycar View Post
Hey,

We did not void any warranty on the shipment that Rene received. We even called Blackvue to confirm that they didnt void warranty on Rene's shipment. I have also notified Rene about this issue and he will be able to address any concern.

As for the Group Buy, Pittasoft did not want to do another group buy at that price range anymore. As a primary contact for Pittasoft, we had to break out the news and you guys are all mad. Besides, we are 100% Canadian and we pay all the duties and taxes unlike Rene. We tried and are trying our best to provide the competitive pricing and provide best customer service to all our customers.

We tried to address all the questions and issues on the website, but you guys don't want to hear anything from us and don't give us a chance to explain it.

Anyways, here is Kate's email. You can contact her for any warranty or questions regarding this whole issue.

leejh@pittasoft.com
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
blackboxmycar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP & F15 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoig View Post
You must be joking about how paying duties and taxes justifies that scummy move. The only reason you reported rene for organizing another groupbuy is because it will hurt your bottom line. Shit if another company started selling cams for $50 less than i was selling it for id e pissed too. But thats part of business. Its called competition. I still dont know why you went cring to mommy after rene was the one to help you start up your business in the first place. You are the only that asked rene how to import this as cheap as possible. Afterwords you started selling cams and no one minded. But as soon as rene wanted to start another griupbuy you got all mad because you got scared you would lose customers. Lets face it the return on customers is low. Your not selling food. So you got scared.

Lol at being the first authorized dealer in canada. You know damn well rene was the first one to be authorized but since you like to backstab the people who helped you start up in the first place thats pretty scummy. No you didnt have to report anything. The only reason your now calling pittasoft and not two months back is because of people like me who realize how scummy you are and are voicing their opinions. You knew that the cams warranty was being voided and so anyone with problems would have to buy from you. Now with all this negative publicity of your company you decided to call pittasoft and inform them of the pending backlash of consumers.

Face it your blackvue sales are down. You got banned on redflagdeals.com the site where all this came about because of how you handled things. And since your company is ecommerce your scared of people like me who write real reviews of how you do business.

Its cool to make a dollar and all but not at the expense of others. Certainly not at the expense of your mentor rene.

wow... just wow.. You don't know me at all and you do not know what happened. Whatever I say, you are not going to believe anything.

Rene was not a certified distributor. He did a one time group buy and that was it. It is different from being a regular full time distributor. At the end of the day, Blackvue did offer him a certificate of dealership as he sold many, many units. Rene himself does not call him as a seller. He is not doing this for business.

As for your mentor comment, where did you hear that I learned everything from him? I did email him, but he never helped me out in getting these units or so. When I first called him regarding this issue, he didnt even have a memory of me emailing him. He is not my mentor.

I never told them to void the warranty. When Mr. John from Pittasoft emailed Rene, I called them back and told them this is not how to run a service in North America. I will stand by on the warranty that Rene sold.

Again you are mad and you won't believe what I say. But spreading rumours of something that is not true is not right. You don't know me and you don't know the truth of this whole incident. Yet you are assuming in what you want to believe in and make it sound like you know everything from start to end.
Appreciate 0