E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Does anyone have...

View Poll Results: To keep or not to keep?
Keep the Stilleto, get the accessories and be happy. 2 40.00%
Return the Stilleto and get the 80gig ipod. 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

12-26-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Does anyone have...

The new Sirius Stiletto?? I got it for an x-mas present from my dad and can't decide if I want to keep it or not. I was all set on getting a 80 gig ipod and now I have this thing.

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...dParentID=7870

I don't know what to do. I have sirius already in my bimmer but it would be nice to have it in my work car as well. The only think holding me back is I don't know how hard the car and home install kits are to install. I don't wanna have a wire running out of the car window to use the satellite reciever. Nor do I want to hard wire the car kit to the car I use for work. Plus the kits both cost another $70 each.

What do you guys think??

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 03:26 PM   #2
enwhykiid
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 titanium 330XI

satellite radio is a no, for one thing radio should be free and and ipod can get u free music
      12-26-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

I love satellite radio, Ive had it in my BMW for a year, and cant listen to anything else. Im actually receiving a Stiletto from a friend next week as a late present. I'll let you know what i think when I actually get it.

If you really want the Ipod and arent satisfied with the stiletto, return it and pick up an ipod. Everything runs through the stock BMW radio in my car (prewired), so it wouldnt be a simple task hooking up the stiletto for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3
I love satellite radio, Ive had it in my BMW for a year, and cant listen to anything else. Im actually receiving a Stiletto from a friend next week as a late present. I'll let you know what i think when I actually get it.

If you really want the Ipod and arent satisfied with the stiletto, return it and pick up an ipod. Everything runs through the stock BMW radio in my car (prewired), so it wouldnt be a simple task hooking up the stiletto for me.
My 325 already has sirius, so I wouldn't be using the stiletto in that car. I would use it in my work hyundai elantra. I still don't want the wires running all over the place though. Not that I don't love my sat. radio, I do, but I'm just not sure it's going to get the use that the ipod would.

I guess the big problem with it for me is the pain in the ass it is to use it. I can't just plug it into a radio like an ipod. I need a docking station for it to get reception which then has to have a sat. reciever on the top of my car or outside the house to be any worth. I dunno. I can't decide, it seems like a lot of work that isn't worth it.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enwhykiid
satellite radio is a no, for one thing radio should be free and and ipod can get u free music
That's funny. Everyone said that about cable tv in the 70's and 80's as well. But everyones paying for it now.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0