E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i c@ttless DP instllation

08-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
slammed335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

335i c@ttless DP instllation

hi guys i got my c@ttless dp's today(UR) and i wanted to know if anybody had installed them themselves because i want to install them myself as well..does anybody have instructions on how to install them and any tricks to make the installation really easy..thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

save yourself some great deal of pain and let a shop install them for you. Many people here have install them by themselves and there are many dyi around, just search .
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
skitlz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

u need rhino ramps, or a lift.. make sure to spare yourself a minimum 8 hrs/over 2 days for headaches and cooling off time.

its a PITA! have gone catless and back to stock.. dont get discouraged its very frustrating, but pretty straightfoward.. check the DIY section theres a really well written article in there.

few tricks ive learned..

heatshield.. when i followed the diy it mentioned a socket.. i would get like a 1/16 of a turn before the stupid thing would fall off.. a hour later i discovered that just using a plain old screwdriver with the correct torx head on it was so much easier.. just stick the screwdriver in there upright,,, and slip your hand in.. you can get some serious turns on it.. if it slips off after a few turns thats fine.. use your fingers the rest of the way..

and i so hope you dont have big hands.. otherwise your going to be in for some pain.

hmm.. o2 sensors.. my 7/8 wrench was way to long. so u ended up using a small crescent wrench.. and used a big wrench on it as leverage.

prewind the o2 wires the opposite direction, so u dont have some crazy pigs tail action going on on the front end.

that stupid rubber grommit fitting u have to loosen before you remove the steering section is a pita also.. i just used pliers on it.. find a nice easy spot where u can keep constant pressure since it slips off easily.. if i had vice grips it would have been much easier..

and on the clamps on the turbo side.. u might think there on, but there prolly not.. lol.. if at loose hanging stage u cant get the clamp ends to come together to about a inch the back side where u cant see prolly isnt where it should be. make sure it spins smoothly.

do the rear dp first.. obviously.. cause your not getting the other one in if u do it in the wrong order.

have a few tasty beverages along the way.. dont stay under the car for to long,, and def get a massage afterwords.. cause your neck is gonna hurt like hell.. that is all

good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
Jonny550
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Xdrive

bro its worth the $300 to install them it looks like a pain

Appreciate 0