E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Which dealers you've bought from(sydney)

09-02-2006, 05:58 PM   #23
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
i have found the opposite... when i was looking for a car, i found that the mercedes dealers were a bit rude, but the bmw dealers were very polite and helpful
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2006, 10:08 PM   #24
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra
i have found the opposite... when i was looking for a car, i found that the mercedes dealers were a bit rude, but the bmw dealers were very polite and helpful
I found that Merc sales only polite to potential buyers.

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 01:31 AM   #25
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
isn't that how all salespeople are?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 02:47 AM   #26
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
the BMW/MINI/AUDI/LEXUS sales I dealed with before (except Canterbury BMW) are very happy to let me test drive the car without asking questions like "are you buying a car today?" or "can you make decision today?"

The Canterbury sales was an idiot, or he thought I am an idiot. He asked me how much I wish to spend and I said around 100k. He told me I can't get any brand new BMW for that price and brought me to the 2nd hand car section...#^@*&^$*

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #27
Husky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 Touring

Just hope Alto BMW are a hell of a lot better than Alto Land Rover here in Newcastle. Ended up having to deal direct with the General Manager of Alto Group just to get our deposit back after the dealership manager lied to us about a fake price increase (later called a missed bonus) while waiting for our car.

Have a 323i Touring on order now and have found Worthington BMW in Gosford to be very good. Their pricing was particularly good and it seems they are currently taking a lot of volume from the Sydney BMW dealers. Both Lisa (sales person) and Ian (sales manager) are great people who treat you the way you would expect when purchasing a premium brand vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #28
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky
Just hope Alto BMW are a hell of a lot better than Alto Land Rover here in Newcastle. Ended up having to deal direct with the General Manager of Alto Group just to get our deposit back after the dealership manager lied to us about a fake price increase (later called a missed bonus) while waiting for our car.

Have a 323i Touring on order now and have found Worthington BMW in Gosford to be very good. Their pricing was particularly good and it seems they are currently taking a lot of volume from the Sydney BMW dealers. Both Lisa (sales person) and Ian (sales manager) are great people who treat you the way you would expect when purchasing a premium brand vehicle.
Thanks for your post, i think i might have to try the gosford BMW dealer then. They would make better prices for customers from Sydney due the lack of buyers around Gosford Since you emphasized there service, thats also very important to me and other BMW customers.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2006, 01:35 AM   #29
shackwee23
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 323i

I bought mine from Alto BMW Pennant Hills. Very friendly people over there, very good service, from sales person and sales manager, through to General Manager. Try Scott Butler. Probably will save you a trip to Gosford and more.

I had a strange experience at BMW Sydney. I had the misfortune to run into a guy from the used car department first and although I said I am looking to spend around $70K on a new 3 series, he said I probably won't be able to get anything new and tried to sell me a used car. That's enough to put me off the whole dealership!
      09-04-2006, 03:43 AM   #30
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

I had a strange experience at BMW Sydney. I had the misfortune to run into a guy from the used car department first and although I said I am looking to spend around $70K on a new 3 series, he said I probably won't be able to get anything new and tried to sell me a used car. That's enough to put me off the whole dealership! [/QUOTE]

It is dissapointing how Sales reps for dealers just say what they want in order to sell a car. It only costs the dealership sales
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2006, 03:20 AM   #31
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G
How was the service over the phone or when you picked the car up? I'm having issues with the lack of service from some BMW dealers. They really are nothing compared to the mercedes Benz dealers, outstanding service.
Hi Chris. The service was good... As in all cases, some sales people at other dealerships were good, some were pretty shoddy.

The guy I bought from at Trivett Classic was very good - patient, even sent me photos and the like on his days off so I could get a feel for what the exact car looked like. The Business Manager at the same dealership also did a whole bunch of finance calculations for differing scenarios and answered my questions for non-finance related queries too when others were busy.

I intend to buy from them at the end of next year too (trade in my 320 Exec for a Coupe). The smart dealers know that good service keeps buyers loyal...
2010 BMW 123d Coupe - Sapphire Black, Lemon Leather, Walnut Trim, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Professional Hi-Fi, CD Stacker, Professional Navigation, Heated Seats, Front & Rear PDC, BMW 18" Performance Wheels.
Appreciate 0