E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 White exhaust smoke

03-18-2024, 11:52 AM   #1
ejay999
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

E90 White exhaust smoke

Ok, 06 325i to start the seal under the oil cap would occasionally leak into cyl 3 and id have to clean it out maybe twice, it'd cause a misfire. Well i was doordashing and it started misfiring, pulled over and checked codes and it was misfire on cyl 3, i thought well i havent checked oil in a while, it was about half i added maybe a little over half a quart if that. reset code started and it was good. drove MAYBE a block or two down the road and it started hesitating/ feeling like misfiring on multiple cyl. then a sh** load of white smoke from exhaust and died/ wldnt start back up. towed it home, had a code for faulty starter. fixed that and it starts, but there is still a lot of smoke, should have opened the garage door before starting, but it filled a 2 bay garage with smoke in like a minute or two. only codes i see seem like theyre just from low power which it was because i tried starting multiple times with the dying starter and eventually got a low battery light. I will mention after i added oil and cleared codes, my slow a** forgot to close the oil cap like i said i drove it maybe a block or two that was it. my brother is thinking head gasket but a lot of what i read is that isnt really common on the n52. Only oil leak i see if from that seal around the oil cap, and i added coolant maybe a month ago and i really dont see any loss in the resevoir.
Appreciate 0