E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BMW E92 Audio System Speakers - help please

04-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #89
ncohen
Private
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I just did last weekend a Stereo (6-speaker) install -MS-8, PDX-5, trunk sub, all speakers replaced, center channel installed, new underseat woofers wires, custom made RCA cables, 12V coming from OEM distribution block, ground connection to the left fender ground- and there is absolutely no whine.

It is more than obvious that you have a wiring issue. You need to redo your wiring.
thanks for the reply,

i've since redone my wiring but there is still the whine... i am debating if its worth it to take the i drive system out and temporarily tap in from there and see if the whine goes away...

however could it not be a faulty fuel pump causing the whine through the speakers?

oh and another thought, is it worth trying to ground the i drive unit itself to a better ground or something?

thanks
Appreciate 0