E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > '08 335xi or E90 335d

03-17-2024, 08:34 PM   #1
disagreed
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi, Mom's 440xi Msport

'08 335xi or E90 335d

My Pre-LCI cold weather package 2008 335xi with 102.2k

I am lucky to have acquired this vehicle at a cheap cost, and free essentially. I was in an accident where I was not deemed at-fault, and I was paid out accordingly. I have access to a dealer and auction license so I purchased this for a solid deal at auction. The vehicle had plenty of service records and three owners. After receiving the car off transportation it was throwing a 03FF code and had a major power steering leak but as far as I know it does not leak any oil/coolant, and the injectors have been replaced with a mix of indexs. the code was being caused by a broken vacuum/turbo canister nipple. I replaced the canister, power steering rack, sway bar links, control arms, rear struts and rear brakes. Also did an oil change. The vehicle has wastegate rattle on startup and shut-off sometimes - but it holds boost fine, actually fantastic.

I absolutely love the car, love it! but I have driven the vehicle for about 2k miles and I've talked myself out of wanting to keep the car long-term. I haven't had any issues since what I have changed but the reliability just makes me want to sell it and buy a 335D. I have the car listed but am having a hard time selling it. I am conflicted, as parts are abundant near me and fairly cheap but I don't want to go through the motions of all the preventative maintenance and then modifying the vehicle.

What would you do? Market the car harder to sell it, and potentially buy a tuned/stock 335d? Or would you play the cards you were dealt and dump a bunch of money into it? I appreciate any input, thanks!

Last edited by disagreed; 03-17-2024 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0