E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 Rhythmic Squeaking on Deceleration

03-18-2024, 03:57 PM   #1
osnowdeal
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 328xi (e92)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Angry E92 Rhythmic Squeaking on Deceleration

I had recently noticed some sort of rhythmic squeaking noise that sounds like it is coming from underneath the car. It is independent of the brakes, but happens when decelerating, and slightly at the start of accelerating.

The sound seems to be in time with the wheels turning, as it slows down when the car slows down. It is most noticeable in 2nd gear, with the windows down.

I've seen on forums online that people were saying it is pebbles in the heat shield behind the rotors or something, but then the guy had to replace the center driveshaft. Hoping to get some opinions on the noise, or if someone has experience with it. I did take it to a shop and they drove it 4 separate days, and said they couldn't hear it??

Here's a link to a Youtube short for a video that took today of the noise. (Sorry for the wind and highway noise, might have to turn it up a bit to hear it)

https://youtube.com/shorts/2puCj6rUdIQ?feature=share

I have a 2008 E92 328xi 6MT with 141,995 miles.
Appreciate 0