E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Lease buyout question

03-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
brianGriffin17
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

Lease buyout question

Hello,

I am coming to the end of the 3yr lease (10k miles/yr) on my 2007 e92 335. I currently have 20000 miles so I am well shy of the mileage limit. The buyout on my car is $30k, and I do plan on keeping the car as I love this car and have such low mileage. I am not interested in buying/leasing a new one.

The dealer is advising that I buyout the car from them, rather than BMW because they can "certify" the car, which will extend my warranty to 6 yrs and 100000 miles. He said he can probably offer me the buyout close to what BMW is offering, and if he can certfy the car he can offer 0.9% for 24 months. I don't think they can "certify" the car as I have done so many mods to the car I have lost count. Don't I retain the standard 4yr/50k mile warranty regardless of what I do? I could always buy an extended warranty from a third party next year I suppose.

I am in a position to just buyout the car, but 0.9% financing would be nice.

He will provide a quote if I give him my mileage, but I have read most people do not divulge the mileage, even if it is low.

Any advice as to what I should do?