E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > WTF..its coming off??

08-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
beskone
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans BLue e92 335i LCI

Garage List
2012 e92 335i LCI  [0.00]
2009 e92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
He says its not permanent. He knows this spoiler has got to come off in a year.
Maybe the stronger 3M Black tape instead of the Gray?

LTMBW used it to put a not so well fitting spoiler on my last car, and man that thing was *STUCK* Never had an issue with it once.

e92 LCI • LeMans BlueSaddle Brown • Bamboo Anthracite • Performance Grilles • CF Performance Spoiler • CF Performance Diffuser • ACS Style Roof Spoiler • LED Interior Lighting • BMS Clutch Stop • BMS Intake • BMS CDV • BMW Performance Exhaust • ST V1 Coilovers • Miro 111 Staggered • More to come!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #46
kitkat1723
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325i - sold

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [9.50]
Quote:
Eff.... I washed my car after I put it on.
its ok i put mine on in the rain...lol
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #47
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat1723 View Post
haha go us!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #48
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
use the 20 pound double sided tape from 3m

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #49
Johnny D
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [9.16]
Quote:
It seems like its on pretty solid still. The whole front of the spoiler is on there perfectly and so is the left side of the rear but I just dont want to take a chance and have it fly off.
Over time the area that isn't adhered to the car will get water and dirt under it. Eventually it will come off. You should be fine for a few weeks if you have to. Remember though, the longer that 3m tape on the rest of it is bonded, the harder it will be to remove.
      08-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #50
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntar View Post
Over time the area that isn't adhered to the car will get water and dirt under it. Eventually it will come off. You should be fine for a few weeks if you have to. Remember though, the longer that 3m tape on the rest of it is bonded, the harder it will be to remove.
Its coming off Saturday. Tech is texting me to take it off now but Im scared Im going to crack it.

This is why I own horses lol and not a chihuahua. I like strong things not delicate things
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #51
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

Quote:
Quote:
haha go us!
have you guys ever thought about lezzing out? i mean its pretty trendy for chicks in their early 20's to mix things up with another girl ...maybe something like scissoring? i heard thats addicting :O just throwing it out there....no big deal....heck you dont even have to respond to this.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #52
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchNpoke View Post
have you guys ever thought about lezzing out? i mean its pretty trendy for chicks in their early 20's to mix things up with another girl ...maybe something like scissoring? i heard thats addicting :O just throwing it out there....no big deal....heck you dont even have to respond to this.
Tee dont scare her off!! She doesnt know your crude sense of humor like I do

** just for the record Im strictly dickly
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #53
kitkat1723
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325i - sold

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
Quote:
Tee dont scare her off!! She doesnt know your crude sense of humor like I do

** just for the record Im strictly dickly
Haha that was funny and I'm already taken anyway and I'm sure she is too
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #54
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

lolol its ok, its my way of stereotyping ppls. If they cant accept my ways *cues japanese flute knock knock* then we have no future. Only a few ppl in here including you knows how i am haha.

when im tired of logging on to fb only to see ppl posting photos of bottles of hard liquor,fancy foods, vacation backgrounds, vegas baby!, how cute their babies are, all of these stance fan pages, or just ppl with relationship issues updating their status in hopes to send the message across to their sex partner. Ill cum in here to bs un-wind and have fun :P

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #55
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
lolol its ok, its my way of stereotyping ppls. If they cant accept my ways *cues japanese flute knock knock* then we have no future. Only a few ppl in here including you knows how i am haha.

when im tired of logging on to fb only to see ppl posting photos of bottles of hard liquor,fancy foods, vacation backgrounds, vegas baby!, how cute their babies are, all of these stance fan pages, or just ppl with relationship issues updating their status in hopes to send the message across to their sex partner. Ill cum in here to bs un-wind and have fun :P
And this is why we love you. But more importantly why you no rate coffee no mo? Sum ting wong?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #56
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Haha that was funny and I'm already taken anyway and I'm sure she is too
Single by choice . Tired of the bs
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #57
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
And this is why we love you. But more importantly why you no rate coffee no mo? Sum ting wong?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #58
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

I installed mine using the 3M outdoor tape which i can't remember for sure but i think it was rated at 5 lbs. I just made sure to put it on any edge of the spoiler that would touch the trunk and it has been on perfectly since then with no issues. The night i put mine on it poured until the morning and when i got out it was still on solid with no issues. My strategy was just use two people and get it aligned then push down really hard for a minute or two. One thing i'd suggest which i made the mistake of not doing is make sure that on one side you have tape covering everything so you can't see gaps. Someone here said don't use one strip which is a good idea but still make sure there are no gaps or you'll see them from certain angles. I'll put a picture to explain what i'm trying to say below but if you look closely you can see the two gaps where I forgot to put the tape.

More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #59
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

I wasn't gonna read through all the comments but...if you washed it right after, yes you screwed up the curing process of the tape.

Mine is stuck on with the same exact tape and it's in there good. Here's what I did differently:

1. Prep the spoiler...clean the side where you're gonna stick the tape with alcohol.
2. Heat it up with the hair dryer/heat gun
3. Stick the DS tape
4. Clay the trunk
5. Heat up the trunk with a hair dryer/heat gun
6. Peel the tape...not all the way, just the two edges and make sure you can pull the red part off once the edge is stuck on the car
7. Position the spoiler, stick the edges
8. Peel the red non sticky part and apply pressure while you peel and make sure you heat as needed
9. Use blue painters tape to hold it in place for hours...I have a beater so I just let it sit for a day.
10. DO NOT WASH IT! Atleast for a week and avoid direct water pressure when you do.

Oh yeah, you forgot the NSFW payment! Not too late to post, and +1 on the lezzy idea...please post pics if you decide to. LOL

Last edited by khaye1; 08-10-2012 at 12:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #60
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

not enough tape maybe
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #61
bastiN54
möp
Germany
Rep
Drives: e92 335i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
He says its not permanent. He knows this spoiler has got to come off in a year.
Why does it have to come off in a Year???

I put duct tape all over my lip for a month
      08-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #62
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
im using the tape that is used to hold mirrors in bathrooms, not this 3M tape. I don't know if it'll hold better, but my logic was - mirrors are heavy, and bathrooms are humid. So it's kinda of an insurance for humid climate and should hold well too. Will see. I still think a betalink solution is gonna be the right one in the end.

Also, make sure you have degreased the trunk and spoiler, work in gloves, apply tape pressure to fix it over night, etc.
      08-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #63
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
I installed mine using the 3M outdoor tape which i can't remember for sure but i think it was rated at 5 lbs. I just made sure to put it on any edge of the spoiler that would touch the trunk and it has been on perfectly since then with no issues. The night i put mine on it poured until the morning and when i got out it was still on solid with no issues. My strategy was just use two people and get it aligned then push down really hard for a minute or two. One thing i'd suggest which i made the mistake of not doing is make sure that on one side you have tape covering everything so you can't see gaps. Someone here said don't use one strip which is a good idea but still make sure there are no gaps or you'll see them from certain angles. I'll put a picture to explain what i'm trying to say below but if you look closely you can see the two gaps where I forgot to put the tape.
Hmm yeah I can see the gaps on yours.. We use two people to install mine. Once Phuoc put all the tape on it, we lined it up where I wanted it to go and then he pushed down on one side and I pushed down on the other. The right side... the sides the coming up.. damn it! I guess I dont weight enough lol Shoot maybe I wasnt pushing hard enough. I know I was really concerned about putting weight on it because I didnt want to crack it

Also Im sure it doesnt help that Louisiana weather SUCKS. Its rained every day for the past 3 weeks and there is rain the next 10 days in the forecast. It only rains for about an hour heavily but it leaves the area humid all day and night. I dont have a garage like Phouc has. I have a two car brick car port so there's mositure on my car in the AM. I wonder when it gets redone on Saturday if I should put a towel on my trunk every night so it doesnt get wet What does everyone think about that.

This is what I have to park under. I can keep it mostly dry but not 100%
Attached Images

Last edited by Sara; 08-10-2012 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #64
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post
I wasn't gonna read through all the comments but...if you washed it right after, yes you screwed up the curing process of the tape.

Mine is stuck on with the same exact tape and it's in there good. Here's what I did differently:

1. Prep the spoiler...clean the side where you're gonna stick the tape with alcohol.
2. Heat it up with the hair dryer/heat gun
3. Stick the DS tape
4. Clay the trunk
5. Heat up the trunk with a hair dryer/heat gun
6. Peel the tape...not all the way, just the two edges and make sure you can pull the red part off once the edge is stuck on the car
7. Position the spoiler, stick the edges
8. Peel the red non sticky part and apply pressure while you peel and make sure you heat as needed
9. Use blue painters tape to hold it in place for hours...I have a beater so I just let it sit for a day.
10. DO NOT WASH IT! Atleast for a week and avoid direct water pressure when you do.

Oh yeah, you forgot the NSFW payment! Not too late to post, and +1 on the lezzy idea...please post pics if you decide to. LOL
You wanna come do this?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #65
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastiN54 View Post
Why does it have to come off in a Year???

I put duct tape all over my lip for a month
I want a 335is next year. (because dct) This car is a lease. I really dont think Im going to buy it out.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #66
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

Quote:
You wanna come do this?
which part...take pics of your first lesbian experience? Sure! why not

peel it off and re-do it, it's compromised now...might even fall off when you're going >100 mph.................and don't even tell me you don't do that sh!t