E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > To guys who have taken LCI Xenons apart... what is wrong with this???

10-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
m1ka
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

To guys who have taken LCI Xenons apart... what is wrong with this???

So I recently picked up a set of e90 LCI AHL Xenon BARE headlights. When I received them one looked like this. Obviously its disconnected but can it be fixed w/o taking them apart (unsealing)? Any info would help.

I want to try to fix but before I do anything I'd like to hear from someone familiar with these lights bc I can always return and get my money back.

Thanks

BTW sorry its flipped

Name:  lcixenon3.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  84.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
kisho
Quiet till poked
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ka View Post
So I recently picked up a set of e90 LCI AHL Xenon BARE headlights. When I received them one looked like this. Obviously its disconnected but can it be fixed w/o taking them apart (unsealing)? Any info would help.

I want to try to fix but before I do anything I'd like to hear from someone familiar with these lights bc I can always return and get my money back.

Thanks

BTW sorry its flipped

Attachment 934001
I don't see what's wrong with it. If you bought the unit bare and assuming they're new, it means you need a ballasts, d1s bulbs, AE bulbs, and the led signal units.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

From the looks of that picture it looks like the adjuster popped out of place. That white circle should get attached to something that is used to level the headlight Left-to -Right.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
m1ka
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes
From the looks of that picture it looks like the adjuster popped out of place. That white circle should get attached to something that is used to level the headlight Left-to -Right.
Yes you are correct identifying the problem. The white plastic (male) piece has popped out of the black circular (female) piece.

Can that be fixed w/o taking them apart?

The reason I ask is bc unlike most car parts this is extremely fragile and I want to be clear Im doing something that will not damage the headlight.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
m1ka
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisho
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ka View Post

Thanks

BTW sorry its flipped

Attachment 934001
I don't see what's wrong with it. If you bought the unit bare and assuming they're new, it means you need a ballasts, d1s bulbs, AE bulbs, and the led signal units.
Kisho,

Thanks for reply. They are bare and are used. I know all the parts needed to complete. I posted my question 1 post above.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
m1ka
First Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

If you post a better picture i might be able to help out. Normally they should just snap back together
Appreciate 0