E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Leather care

02-02-2015, 12:57 AM   #23
harms
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty89 View Post
I thought all 335's would have the lumbar support??

I don't think they'd design two systems either, I'm sure they're all using compressed air for lumbar. Try playing with your lumbar support and listen to it.

When you extend it forward, you can feel it build a bubble in the lower back and it sounds like a small air compressor is running. Then when you extend the lumbar backwards it sounds like a valve is releasing air.

As far as I can tell, when you move the lumbar up or down, it then inflates and deflates a higher or lower bubble in the lower back area.

I thought this was standard on all e92 335's??
For me, the lower and upper bubbles in the lumbar support are controlled by the 4-way switch on the front corner of the seat.

Then the side bolsters (or whatever they are called) are controlled by a separate 2-way switch next to the lumbar switch.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:05 AM   #24
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty89 View Post
I thought all 335's would have the lumbar support??

I don't think they'd design two systems either, I'm sure they're all using compressed air for lumbar. Try playing with your lumbar support and listen to it.

When you extend it forward, you can feel it build a bubble in the lower back and it sounds like a small air compressor is running. Then when you extend the lumbar backwards it sounds like a valve is releasing air.

As far as I can tell, when you move the lumbar up or down, it then inflates and deflates a higher or lower bubble in the lower back area.

I thought this was standard on all e92 335's??

Im going out to the car and stand on my head so I can listen to the seat doing its lumbar thing
If I don't do my back Ill report back
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 04:06 AM   #25
Scotty89
Buy a 335 they said... It'll be fun they said...
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
I think mine are same as urs Scotty, electronic adjustment but I don't think they have air pumps in em
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
no doubt that would have been an expensive option!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harms View Post
For me, the lower and upper bubbles in the lumbar support are controlled by the 4-way switch on the front corner of the seat.

Then the side bolsters (or whatever they are called) are controlled by a separate 2-way switch next to the lumbar switch.
Yea, that's what mine is too. I thought they were all like this.

I really like the adjustable side bolsters. Probably the best upgrade on the e46 yet... well you know, aside from the turbos and all.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 04:51 AM   #26
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Hey Scotty I can hear little air pumps inside my seats WTF LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 04:57 AM   #27
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
There is a detailing thread in the forum with lots of info
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Meanwhile Swissvax make good products
Swissvax works. You may, however, find that this -- http://supadetail.com.au/detailing-s...s/price-guide/ -- is a better value for you. They offer to clean the whole interior and give you a free Swissvax leather care kit for the same retail price of a Swissvax leather care kit (http://www.swissvaxaustralia.com/mer...e=LEATHER-CARE)

SupraDetail are based in Perth, but they are also in Melbourne (http://supadetail.com.au/supadetail-australia/).

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0