E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > Feeler: Adjustable Rear toe, rear camber, and rear guiding arms

04-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
MikeR1994
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 05 325Ci (RIP)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Feeler: Adjustable Rear toe, rear camber, and rear guiding arms

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys,

Long story short, my car is pretty slammed and I'm a fan of proper alignment and reduced tire wear, but I didn't want to pay $900 to be able to fully dial in my alignment. I made my own arms! They're such a nice thing to have, especially when you had as much rear toe as I did.

So here's my feeler: would anyone want some of these? Either the companies making these are making a great profit, or my production costs are really low. I know it's probably hard to trust a suspension product, something that you really can't risk failure with, but these things are not gonna leave you stranded. I'm using QA1 rod ends, which are widely preferred in motorsports, and Allstar Performance swaged aluminum suspension tubes. I'm thinking about changing over to AFCO tubes simply because they look nice and I want to give them a shot, but the Allstar Performance tubes have proven themselves to be a good choice. Those two parts are pretty easy, but here's the part that I think makes these nice. The rod end spacers are coming out of Michael Waltrip Racing and are chrome moly steel.

I may be able to bring the price down a little depending on how much interest I get, but as of now I'd like to shoot for the following prices:
Toe arms: $190
Camber arms: $190
Guiding arms: $200
These prices would be shipped, and they are by no means set in stone. If I have a lot of interest and I can get a deal on the spacers, I'll lower the price.
Anything I make off of this will go towards fixing my car, which has more problems than the poor thing deserves, so yeah... It's going to a good cause. haha

Thanks guys, and let me know what you think.

Active Autowerke Stage II | MMW CSv2 Exhaust | MMW Catless Headers | BC Racing BR Extreme Low Coilovers | custom adjustable rear suspension links | 19" Hyperblack CSL's | M3 style front | trim wrapped in brushed steel vinyl | Slightly smoked tail lights with clear reverse lights | factory xenons

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
e90raffy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

What kind of camber arms ?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
MikeR1994
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90raffy View Post
What kind of camber arms ?
The adjustable kind. They're not any specific brand, I pieced them together myself. Did you even read the thread? haha
Active Autowerke Stage II | MMW CSv2 Exhaust | MMW Catless Headers | BC Racing BR Extreme Low Coilovers | custom adjustable rear suspension links | 19" Hyperblack CSL's | M3 style front | trim wrapped in brushed steel vinyl | Slightly smoked tail lights with clear reverse lights | factory xenons

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
._.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

interested in all 3
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
triggz
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

post some pics
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
MikeR1994
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
I only have a picture of the rear guiding arms right now. They're not on my car at the moment because I was in a rush and bought 10" tubes instead of 12", but you get the idea. For the toe and camber links, the subframe side of it uses the same spacers as this arm does, but the wheel carrier side uses the tapered spacer that is pictured in the OP, and nothing on the other side. This is because the arms use 5/8 rod ends, so there is no extra space on the other side and a spacer is not needed. They're 5/8 so that if a rod end were to fail on you, you can find a replacement for it easily and inexpensively.

Also once I can put the arms back on my car, they will most likely stay off of it for a couple weeks. I'm waiting for my BC BR Extreme Low coilovers to arrive, so I was just going to reinstall them when I install those, that way I'll only have to pay for one alignment. So at this point if you want them you're just gonna have to take my word for the fact that they fit properly. If they don't, I'll pay return postage no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
MikeR1994
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Alright gentlemen, I've decided to go ahead and make the decision to sell these on a made to order basis! I'll be shipping them once a week, Friday afternoons, so shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!

Appreciate 0