E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > How to increase performance & response? Sprint booster!!

03-10-2007, 04:26 AM   #45
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
this thread is funny..
      03-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #46
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
^chromies and FULLY SICK interior. LCD's everywhere! Then your HECTIK
What about undercar fluoro's? That's fully hektic (or is that just really '90's?)
      03-11-2007, 01:51 AM   #47
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianlcp View Post
ok heres some tech info for all the badge polishers out there, late model e39, e46, all e90's e60's etc no longer have a cable controlled throttle. they now call it a potentiometer the module in your accelerator pedal sends a signal to the computer to tell it how far you have actually depressed te accelerator pedal, that then tells the the throttle how far to open. if i have lost anyone so far you had better close this thread sell your e90 and buy either an e30 or a late model nissan or toyota. now, the responsiveness of the factory bmw system is rather slow, imagine a person who is rather slow witted (like those of you who think this is a scam) you ask them a question and it takes them a minute or so to respond, install the sprint booster now the potentiometer system is as responsive as a formula one driver the second the light turns green, or curing the tuma in the slow witted guys brain, he can now answer your question the second you have asked it. still think its a scam? anyone in perth australia can come in and see me and test drive both options, even after all the abuse im still willing to make you all realise that if you cant understand how this system operates you should all go and buy an e30 with cable controlled throttle, neanderthals...
Ummm, how can I put this?

First, we are not neanderthals- we all "fully" understand the mechanics and electrics of a"drive by wire" system.

Second, I don't think any of us would be neanderthal enough to pay FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS for a device which tells your car to go full throttle everytime you touch the pedal (what happens to pedal m-o-d-u-l-a-t-i-o-n which is important for a non "formula one" car). BTW thanks for providing links (which I checked) to other forums. Most have been completely vitriolic in their responses to those who support this device. Hardly like our response here (a bit of sarcasm- very auusie).

Lastly, I don't think the device is a scam (ie that it doesn't work). I think the device is a waste of money (because, for the money, you can get lots of stuff which actually does increase performance as well as responsiveness of your car.)

I don't like to get too personal (unlike your posts) but "curing the tuma"???
Come on- if you're going to accuse people of being slow, dim-witted or even neanderthal, at least learn how to spell. It helps to add to your own credibility (which just encourages another topic of discussion).

I will not speak of this again except to say that we are all just having a bit of fun so try to lighten up. ok?
      03-11-2007, 04:09 AM   #48
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post

First, we are not neanderthals- we all "fully" understand the mechanics and electrics of a"drive by wire" system.

Second, I don't think any of us would be neanderthal enough to pay FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS for a device which tells your car to go full throttle everytime you touch the pedal (what happens to pedal m-o-d-u-l-a-t-i-o-n which is important for a non "formula one" car). BTW thanks for providing links (which I checked) to other forums. Most have been completely vitriolic in their responses to those who support this device. Hardly like our response here (a bit of sarcasm- very auusie).

Lastly, I don't think the device is a scam (ie that it doesn't work). I think the device is a waste of money (because, for the money, you can get lots of stuff which actually does increase performance as well as responsiveness of your car.)

Come on- if you're going to accuse people of being slow, dim-witted or even neanderthal, at least learn how to spell. It helps to add to your own credibility (which just encourages another topic of discussion).

I will not speak of this again except to say that we are all just having a bit of fun so try to lighten up. ok?
:rocks: Right on!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #49
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
well said
      03-12-2007, 06:57 AM   #50
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post

DAM you just have great responses Doc:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #51
ploggusthegreat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i

If you live in Australia sprint booster is expensive.

Qld distributor has it around $505 AUS shipped.

You can order from other sites in the US shipped at a significantly lower price. Just ordered one for my 320i E90 sports (pretend performance sports 4 door, shit car!) from BMW mania and it was shipped here in 4 days.

Haven't had it long, will report back too see if it was worth it!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 04:22 AM   #52
Scooterman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

you could have had mine for $150 shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploggusthegreat View Post
Qld distributor has it around $505 AUS shipped.

You can order from other sites in the US shipped at a significantly lower price. Just ordered one for my 320i E90 sports (pretend performance sports 4 door, shit car!) from BMW mania and it was shipped here in 4 days.

Haven't had it long, will report back too see if it was worth it!

2008 E90 335i MSport, Blacklines, Tint, V4
Appreciate 0