E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > School me on Idrive!

08-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Otruba_843
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

School me on Idrive!

I have a 2009 328i with the, I guess you would call it a somewhat new Idrive, the one where they changed the controller. I have my Iphone 4s hooked up to the usb and audio cable from BMW in the console and can play my music and everything. Its also connected to the bluetooth for phone calls. What other cool features do i have? Do the newer ones have better maps? If so, can i update it to those maps? I have read through the manual, but alot of it is confusing to me. I read something about like sending maps to it or something And what exactly is BMW Assist and BMW Apps? Sorry if i sound like a complete idiot for asking all these questions, but I want to use all of the features I have to their full potential.
      08-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

Here are a couple videos on the iDrive you have. Might be helpful: