Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 162 18's on the rear and 17s on the front?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
DMafia46
Hates Posers
Rep
Drives: E46M3,335xi,Lambo,

162 18's on the rear and 17s on the front?

Ive had possibly the worst luck with these gorgeous wheels. Sister drove back yesterday and woke up today with couple nails in the tires. Very suspicious but what ever. Winter is coming...

So recap end of the last winter Toronto pothole took out the front passenger rim and city didnt do anything to recoupe my costs. Decided to just put my summer 162s back on. GAME 4 of Toronto Raptors. I buy a brandnew set of Forgestars F14F early in the morning. Around 3-4pm my rear passenger tire just gives out. So that night I had to put F14F the next day ( no jack, lugs didnt fit so just towed the bitch) A week later got windows tinted and hit a pothole and valve bursts off and severely damages the rim. So bam car is parked with a winter tire on it for a week.

Now I have a bent winter tire. Which isnt worth fixing since rim was cheaper than the repair. ($100)

Right now I have 17 inch winters on the back and 19inch Faulkens on the front.

My question is what troubles or problems will I have if I put my 18inch 162s on the rear (all seasons) and 17 Inch (winters) on the front????
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2015, 09:30 AM   #2
gavronm
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D M-Sport

Probably OK short term but what size and make/model tires are you running front and rear?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Should be OK short term but don't do any aggressive driving and take it easy. Especially as the temps drop because the all seasons in the rear will have less grip than the front so you'll be more prone to oversteer.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 09:35 PM   #4
DMafia46
Hates Posers
Rep
Drives: E46M3,335xi,Lambo,

Cant seem to find 17" matching rim, and one is bent it costs more to fix than what the wheel actually costs. If I cant find one tomorrow I will just half to put the all seasons until I find a rim.
Appreciate 0