E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > What maintenance items or things to "check" before DP/FMIC

05-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
babbagandu
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

What maintenance items or things to "check" before DP/FMIC

I have a cobb stage 1 tune at the moment but am itching to go to stage 2.

My only concern is the cost of having to uninstall the FMIC and DP every time before going into the dealer for a warranty claim if something breaks. I don't have the means to do it myself so I'd have to pay to have them uninstalled.

So before I install the FMIC and DP, what should I do to make sure my car is in good shape beforehand? Are there any particular parts I should have inspected or any maintenance I should do to make sure I am "safe" as possible?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
westchester335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sour Diesel and Haze

I am in the same boat and just got my DPs a week ago. I got new sparkplugs/oil at 5k miles ago and just had the turbos replaced last week. Injectors were done 18k miles ago.

Anything else I should be doing/have done before the DP go on?

Sorry for the threadjack OP but you should be fine with the FMIC only the DP might give you issues.
Appreciate 0