E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Emergency Problem - no sound after TvNav2go install

08-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
becker800
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 GC

Emergency Problem - no sound after TvNav2go install

Ok so I got the TVNav2go system installed and everything was working fine with sound before we ran all the wires and put all the trim back together.
I had hooked them up with everything apart and it was perfect

After getting everything all back together.

I have no sound out of any inputs and SAT is greyed out during my input selection through IDrive. I can select it but still no sound and no song is listed.

I have taken the Tvnav2go system out of the equasion and gone back to factory and still no sound.
I checked fuses 2,23,31,5, all that seem to deal with the radio

I have doublechecked all plugs, everything seems fine, opened the trunk and checked the AMP, the AMP turns on and flashes yellow (I'm not sure if this is normal, maybe someone can check?)

The BMW navigation screens comes up and works but no sounds at all and again, SAT is greyed out.

Any body have any options, PLEASE let me know asap as I need to get the car back together.

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
becker800
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just an addition to the thread.

I also get the SOS Call system malfunction message upon starting the car.

IF someone could please verify their AMP flashes orange/yellow during normal operation that would be nice.

Its easy to see, just open ur trunk and take off that one cover that just comes right off. And look towards the back of the trunk and you should see the light reflection.

I've search the SOS error and it seems either a software update fixes the issue (which i really dont want to do cause it may effect a future tune I'd like to do)

Or the AMP is blown is what another user said the problem was when they had the SOS error.

Either way it souds like I might need a dealer visit.

I'm gonna let the car sit overnight so the battery resets and see if that fixes anything.

If anyone has any other options, please let me know.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
becker800
First Lieutenant
Rep

just a bump.

Leaving overnight did nothing.

Gonna take it to dealer tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
Mid_West
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Give us an update...Im curious to know what happened because Ive been thinking about doing the same thing (TvNav that is).
Appreciate 0