E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Buying Used 335i

01-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #67
Bungle009
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

The Media pack DOES NOT include the USB option, known in BMW speak as 6fL. It is a separate option costing around £200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003 View Post

USB, again a VERY nice option to have (although if the car has the Media Pack, i believe this is part of it). USB can't be retrofitted economically, so is a very good idea to have it from factory.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #68
Arch Stanton
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i touring

sorry for hijacking but my 07MY 335 has a USB in the arm rest, I only use it for a memory stick with a load of music on it, are there any other uses I could put it too? I have the PRo Nav, HK Logic & and Digital TV if that makes a difference..?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #69
ChubbsBmth
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport - NOW SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyjones1209 View Post
well i want black and black ideally with the silver inserts on the dash however i would be more than happy with red as i think this looks great too. dont think i fancy the cream leather though. ive even considered a white car with red leather but seem to be few and far between especially at 18k.

as you say i dont think i can afford dct but if i drive one and think its worth it i might consider it.

i think on my budget i should be looking for 08 or 58 plate cars so il hopefully try and pick up one with the later idrive but we'll see i guess. its good to know that it comes as part of a media pack something to look for i suppose. i also read on another thread that 2008 registered cars and onwards have slightly lower emissions and a years tax is nearly half as much, £240 against £400 and something i read. also typed in some reg plates off autotrader into dvla site and this proved to be true so worth noting.

i worried about the wheels if im honest though but again i see loads of these cars on the road with 19 inch 225 wheels, in fact there must be 5 or so at work and i hadnt heard of problems before looking on this forum. im hoping that il be okay and il try to find a car without run flats as i read this increases the chance of cracking. whats the general feeling of replacing the wheels with aftermarket wheels? i feel that its a bit criminal to have different wheels on a nice car but what about csl style replicas? nice or naff?
I was after white originally but as you have noticed they seem to hold their value much better and I couldnt afford a decent one. Love the car in black and never regret buying it. Also like it with the black leather and silver inserts combo so you have good taste

Red leather is nice but not to everyones taste, Cream is also ok, but the real shame with cream is that the carpets are cream and 90% it comes with that woeful wooden trim!
NOW SOLD - Counting down to the M3 - E92 May 07' 335i M-Sport - Sapphire Black - Manual - Black Leather Interior - Heated Seats - Bluetooth Handsfree - BMW Performance Black Grill - 19's - Saying No to the Diesel Revolution!

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #70
BIGTIME
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT - Mineral White

I've been getting trade in prices for my white 335i and it doesn't seem they are holding their prices too well . However, I am sure if you went to a dealership they'd want top dollar if they were selling a white car.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #71
Lordvader
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i GC

Quote:
that would make sense. i think finding the right car with the best spec possible is going to be harder than i thought

so not only do i want black with black leather, i want ProNav, BT and USB, 58 plate or newer with later iDrive, with 40k miles or less and fsh, ideally BMW approved, under warranty for less than 18k. oh and needs to be auto, DCT seems to raved about but im sure will mean a couple of grand more minimum.

errr...am i dreaming or will i need to borrow more than what i wanted ha ha!?
Im in the same boat as you and looking for almost the exact same spec 335i Its gotta have the newer idrive is defo 1 of my main things.

Lets hope when a car comes up we dont end in a bidding war
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #72
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywells View Post
Im in the same boat as you and looking for almost the exact same spec 335i Its gotta have the newer idrive is defo 1 of my main things.

Lets hope when a car comes up we dont end in a bidding war
ha ha im sure we'll be fine. I dont think il be ready to buy until probably april anyway. my old loan i have finishes a bit later than i though it did.

but it gives my plenty of time look look around and get a feel for what i should be looking for. i also want to drive a couple, there is a steptronic in bmw manchester for 21k so might take a trip out to have a go

there is a dct in stafford which is not too far from me which is up for 34k i think but im not sure if its a bit cheeky just goin down to drive a car when i know i wont be buying it...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #73
BIGTIME
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT - Mineral White

Am I doing something wrong when nationally searching for a 335i Msport dct on BMW's website? There doesn't seem to be one with dct for less than £33,985.

The prices seem to jump from £22,990 (this and the ones below dont have dct) and this is a March 2009 then the prices jump to £33,895 for a May 2011 with dct. I am either doing something wrong or there aren't any 335i's between these 2.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #74
rickyjones1209
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTIME View Post
Am I doing something wrong when nationally searching for a 335i Msport dct on BMW's website? There doesn't seem to be one with dct for less than £33,985.

The prices seem to jump from £22,990 (this and the ones below dont have dct) and this is a March 2009 then the prices jump to £33,895 for a May 2011 with dct. I am either doing something wrong or there aren't any 335i's between these 2.
thats what i get. i guess that there are non available through the BMW network right now
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #75
MLAM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 325i Sport Saloon

Quote:
thats what i get. i guess that there are non available through the BMW network right now
Bit over your budget but saw this on the BMW Network this evening

http://bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/bmwauc/detail...1x12-price_ASC
Appreciate 0