E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Rev Motoring Silicone Intake Hose Now Available for N52!!!

Closed Thread

07-23-2014, 04:12 AM   #23
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpete View Post
Ordered
+1

And it will be fitted to an N53 with Eurobox. So I will report any issues...and whether it is actually worth the money - which I am a little dubious about...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #24
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

I ordered one yesterday also. I'll cover the N52 w/Eurobox
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #25
InControl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 328i coupe

How heavy are they compared to stock plastic?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #26
Tim603
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
looking forward to hearing some more reviews! I will probably pick one of these up when I install my new intake
      07-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #27
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
How heavy are they compared to stock plastic?
Slightly heavier than stock?? I don't know an exact weight, very marginal.
      07-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #28
e90ben
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: No more Beemer

Would be really cool if they had e90post or REV slikscreened on it

Then again, its pretty stealth the way it is
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #29
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90ben View Post
Would be really cool if they had e90post or REV slikscreened on it

Then again, its pretty stealth the way it is
Maybe on the next batch he can do something like that if there is a demand? I'll mention it.

The hose came with some cool Rev Motoring stickers.
      07-24-2014, 04:01 AM   #30
uncle ben
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

A legit dyno chart would make this thing fly off the shelves. What could the possible down sides be? A little more noise? If it actually makes power, even just a few hp, it's stupid cheap and would be a no brainer.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #31
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ben View Post
A legit dyno chart would make this thing fly off the shelves. What could the possible down sides be? A little more noise? If it actually makes power, even just a few hp, it's stupid cheap and would be a no brainer.
I'm hoping to find someone local that has a completely stock car that I can convince to do a baseline run, then one with the hose then one with the charcoal delete + intake hose.
      07-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #32
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXE90 View Post
I'm hoping to find someone local that has a completely stock car that I can convince to do a baseline run, then one with the hose then one with the charcoal delete + intake hose.
This Guinea pig just send you a pm!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #33
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Received mine today (2 day shipping ) & got it installed.

I can confirm that it works perfectly with the Euro Airbox.

I figured it would since I used my OEM plastic duct when I swapped out my standard airbox with no problems. I actually have the Performance version of Euro airbox-only thing different with it over std. Euro box is that it has the CF Upper Snorkel & special lid with rear intake like the U.S. PI - they are just made to fit the Euro box (which is 1pc vs. the 2pc US version).

> I too wondered if it would want to slip off when the engine torques over. But if you watch the engine mounts allow barely any movement + the silicone hose is 1/2" longer than the OEM plastic duct & slightly flexible - which means it would be even harder for it to come off. Hose slides on each outlet till it can't go any further due to hitting obstruction yet there is still slack in hose (hose not stretched)

> I got the 4 Ply version (not the 6 Ply). Hose is nicely flexible, yet firm. The 4 Ply wall thickness still allows you to use the OEM worm clamps even on the big end of the hose. Hose slides over MAF Outlet at least 3/4" & over Intake Elbow by at least 1" - so there is plenty of engagement (more than OEM on intake side).

Here's details of my install:
  1. Removed Strut Brace (I have CF Performance version) using 1/2" ratchet + 5/8" socket for (2) bolts + 1/2" socket for other (2) nuts - yeah, go figure, they were SAE & not metric

*Obviously if you have no strut brace you will skip this step...
  2. Removed Power Steering Reservoir using 3/8" ratchet + 4" extension + 10mm socket - (2) nuts.
  3. Pull Reservoir away from studs & tie back out of way toward front of car -do not disconnect any hoses
  4. Open plastic clip on PS Reservoir Bracket and move the Plastic Line out of the way-do not disconnect from either end
  5. Unplug MAF Sensor Wire

*You now have full access to Duct from above without having to remove the airbox
  6. Loosen Worm Clamps MAF side & Intake side using 1/4 ratchet + 6" extension +6mm socket
  7. Pull out OEM Plastic Duct
  8. I used a Dremel with fiber cutting disk to cut off/smooth down the small tab present on OEM Intake side Elbow so that it was flush with the 45 Deg duct OD

*Don't worry about this step - you will still be able to replace your OEM Duct @ a later date if wanted without this tab-it acts as a locator for the duct, but IDK why because it really isn't necessary.
  9. Cleaned both MAF outlet & Intake Elbow hose sealing surfaces with rubbing alcohol
  10. Cleaned both inside & outside of new Silicone Hose with rubbing alcohol
  11. Install Worm Clamps over each end of Hose & leave loose.

*I installed the Clamps with the worm drive on each Clamp closer to the fender for EZ access
  12. Slide MAF end of hose (small end) over MAF outlet 1st - then bend the hose enough to get the large end to slide on over the Intake Elbow

*Fit is tight, but not hard to install, yet not loose on either end
  13. Tighten both clamps - making sure to align them with end of hose evenly & make sure they are clamping enough 'meat' of both outlets under the hose. I snugged the clamps very well just to make sure-just don't go so tight that you strip out the clamps
  14. Plug MAF wire back in
  15. Reinstall Plastic Line back into clip on PS Reservoir Bracket
  16. Reinstall PS Reservoir over studs with (2) nuts
  17. Reinstall Strut Brace with appropriate bolts/nuts
  18. Fire up engine & make sure all OK

DONE

All in all, I am VERY happy with the fitment (the engineering that went in to the design is dead on), quik shipping, & ease of install. I will check the clamps/hose from time to time in the beginning just to make sure - but I truly cannot see it ever coming off by itself.

I actually can't tell any more noise, but was only revving engine in driveway. So I won't be giving it the driving test until tomorrow...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 07-24-2014 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #34
DahakaJR
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6
Received mine today (2 day shipping ) & got it installed.

I can confirm that it works perfectly with the Euro Airbox.

I figured it would since I used my OEM plastic duct when I swapped out my standard airbox with no problems. I actually have the Performance version of Euro airbox-only thing different with it over std. Euro box is that it has the CF Upper Snorkel & special lid with rear intake like the U.S. PI - they are just made to fit the Euro box (which is 1pc vs. the 2pc US version).

> I too wondered if it would want to slip off when the engine torques over. But if you watch the engine mounts allow barely any movement + the silicone hose is 1/2" longer than the OEM plastic duct & slightly flexible - which means it would be even harder for it to come off. Hose slides on each outlet till it can't go any further due to hitting obstruction yet there is still slack in hose (hose not stretched)

> I got the 4 Ply version (not the 6 Ply). Hose is nicely flexible, yet firm. The 4 Ply wall thickness still allows you to use the OEM worm clamps even on the big end of the hose. Hose slides over MAF Outlet at least 3/4" & over Intake Elbow by at least 1" - so there is plenty of engagement (more than OEM on intake side).

Here's details of my install:
  1. Removed Strut Brace (I have CF Performance version) using 1/2" ratchet + 5/8" socket for (2) bolts + 1/2" socket for other (2) nuts - yeah, go figure, they were SAE & not metric

*Obviously if you have no strut brace you will skip this step...
  2. Removed Power Steering Reservoir using 3/8" ratchet + 4" extension + 10mm socket - (2) nuts.
  3. Pull Reservoir away from studs & tie back out of way toward front of car -do not disconnect any hoses
  4. Open plastic clip on PS Reservoir Bracket and move the Plastic Line out of the way-do not disconnect from either end
  5. Unplug MAF Sensor Wire

*You now have full access to Duct from above without having to remove the airbox
  6. Loosen Worm Clamps MAF side & Intake side using 1/4 ratchet + 6" extension +6mm socket
  7. Pull out OEM Plastic Duct
  8. I used a Dremel with fiber cutting disk to cut off/smooth down the small tab present on OEM Intake side Elbow so that it was flush with the 45 Deg duct OD

*Don't worry about this step - you will still be able to replace your OEM Duct @ a later date if wanted without this tab-it acts as a locator for the duct, but IDK why because it really isn't necessary.
  9. Cleaned both MAF outlet & Intake Elbow hose sealing surfaces with rubbing alcohol
  10. Cleaned both inside & outside of new Silicone Hose with rubbing alcohol
  11. Install Worm Clamps over each end of Hose & leave loose.

*I installed the Clamps with the worm drive on each Clamp closer to the fender for EZ access
  12. Slide MAF end of hose (small end) over MAF outlet 1st - then bend the hose enough to get the large end to slide on over the Intake Elbow

*Fit is tight, but not hard to install, yet not loose on either end
  13. Tighten both clamps - making sure to align them with end of hose evenly & make sure they are clamping enough 'meat' of both outlets under the hose. I snugged the clamps very well just to make sure-just don't go so tight that you strip out the clamps
  14. Plug MAF wire back in
  15. Reinstall Plastic Line back into clip on PS Reservoir Bracket
  16. Reinstall PS Reservoir over studs with (2) nuts
  17. Reinstall Strut Brace with appropriate bolts/nuts
  18. Fire up engine & make sure all OK

DONE

All in all, I am VERY happy with the fitment (the engineering that went in to the design is dead on), quik shipping, & ease of install. I will check the clamps/hose from time to time in the beginning just to make sure - but I truly cannot see it ever coming off by itself.

I actually can't tell any more noise, but was only revving engine in driveway. So I won't be giving it the driving test until tomorrow...
I agree. Received mine today as well. Went in just fine. Great fit.

I'll be doing a road trip later today. I'll report back if anything seems outta wack.

Euro box as well here.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #35
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Glad to hear you guys are receiving these so quickly. Please give us an update after driving with your impressions!
      07-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #36
OlivaresAnthony
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4

Garage List
I just finished installing mine. It sounds like there is slightly more noise coming from the intake. I got a chance to drive a couple miles with it installed. I'm not 100% sure, but it kind of seemed like the engine revs more freely now.

Before:

After:
E90 325i|Sparkling Graphite Metallic|Steptronic|Black Leatherette/Dark Burl Interior|OEM Alarm|35%Front/5%Rear Tint|RD LED License Plate Lights|Rear Fogs Activated|Debadged|Smoked Sidemarkers|Blacklines|Depo P90v2|Matte Black Grille|BMS PBX|AFE Drop In|Charcoal Filter Delete|Air Scoops| RM Silicone Intake Hose| Magnaflow 14815| 19" Avant Garde M310|Continental DWS|M3 Lip Spoiler

Last edited by OlivaresAnthony; 07-25-2014 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #37
DahakaJR
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive 6MT

Just a quick drive up town so far.

To be honest, the throttle response is absolutely improved. For a manual. I can't comment for an automatic.

Sound with the euro box is a tad louder above 2.5k-6.5 WOT.

I have a 6 speed manual.

I have a 60 mile trip later tonight. I'll see if the mpg actually increases. I've managed 26.4 on the freeway.

Overall, for me, it's worth the money. The throttle response has definitely improved.

When starting from a stop, I don't have to use as much throttle to take off. That I have noticed and can be absolutely be sure of.

As for an automatic, I can't comment on how throttle response is.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #38
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahakaJR View Post
Just a quick drive up town so far.

To be honest, the throttle response is absolutely improved. For a manual. I can't comment for an automatic.

Sound with the euro box is a tad louder above 2.5k-6.5 WOT.

I have a 6 speed manual.

I have a 60 mile trip later tonight. I'll see if the mpg actually increases. I've managed 26.4 on the freeway.

Overall, for me, it's worth the money. The throttle response has definitely improved.

When starting from a stop, I don't have to use as much throttle to take off. That I have noticed and can be absolutely be sure of.

As for an automatic, I can't comment on how throttle response is.
Thanks for the review. I agree with you, the throttle response is definitely improved.
      07-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #39
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
I didnt know you could choose 6 vs 4 ply. Whats the difference in thickness? Does 6 ply mean colder air?

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #40
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
I didnt know you could choose 6 vs 4 ply. Whats the difference in thickness? Does 6 ply mean colder air?
I believe he ordered a few hoses in the 6 ply thickness to see what the difference would be. Both work just as well, the 6 ply is a little stiffer. I don't think there would be a difference in temperature between the two? I have the 4 ply on my car and the 6 on my fiancés. No noticeable difference.
      07-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #41
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXE90 View Post
I believe he ordered a few hoses in the 6 ply thickness to see what the difference would be. Both work just as well, the 6 ply is a little stiffer. I don't think there would be a difference in temperature between the two? I have the 4 ply on my car and the 6 on my fiancés. No noticeable difference.
Did the 6ply need the supplied tightening brackets to secure to the TB and intake box? And i assume 4ply is okay with OEM?

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 12:39 AM   #42
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

I have to put my car on the dyno before I get to install mine! :-(
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 12:41 AM   #43
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
Did the 6ply need the supplied tightening brackets to secure to the TB and intake box? And i assume 4ply is okay with OEM?
Both 4 and 6 ply work with the stock hose clamp.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 12:44 AM   #44
PHXE90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Droze View Post
I have to put my car on the dyno before I get to install mine! :-(
I want to know your reaction. But I don't want you to have to do the work twice, it's not hard but it's the principle...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread