E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Bimmerflex

06-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
trixman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Rental

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Bimmerflex

http://www.bimmerflex.com/

Anybody going? Never heard of it before, would be interested to know if anyone's been and whether it's worth the trip?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Never heard of it, but it's not far from me (10 mins). May pop along.

Slight drawback is the other event I'm attending the day before - a beer festival, so may have to see how I'm feeling on the day.
      06-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
Drift Mekanik
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota SUpra

I have been speaking to Richard, the show organiser today and he is annoyed about what has been said on other forums, Richard puts in alot of hard work into the show and as you can imagine its not a five minute job sorting it all out to get it organised every year. The show has been Running for 6 years and is in memory of this Mum who died a few years back, Bimmerflex is not a bussiness interest to Richard he does it all for UK Registered charitys and raises a lot of money for good cause. Last year 440 cars attended the show which is a huge amount of cars

Please guys, do not listen to rumhours.... this is a really good show and only 1 of 3 being hosted in uk of its kind.

DM
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Its my birthday on July 5th - i would love to attend but my wife will have other ideas!! Great that its a charitable event and i wish it all the success.
      06-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #5
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A very fast car :)

Think you need to listen to both sides of the fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Mekanik View Post
I have been speaking to Richard, the show organiser today and he is annoyed about what has been said on other forums, Richard puts in alot of hard work into the show and as you can imagine its not a five minute job sorting it all out to get it organised every year. The show has been Running for 6 years and is in memory of this Mum who died a few years back, Bimmerflex is not a bussiness interest to Richard he does it all for UK Registered charitys and raises a lot of money for good cause. Last year 440 cars attended the show which is a huge amount of cars

Please guys, do not listen to rumhours.... this is a really good show and only 1 of 3 being hosted in uk of its kind.

DM
      06-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
Drift Mekanik
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota SUpra

Well, I was involved last year and over 750 people were happy... perhaps a few did not like losing in the show and shine.. but hey, someone has to lose.. while someone wins.... and its not the show organisers fault if a judge does not make a favourable decision.. thing is.. this year is a new year... new judge and should not be slandered or compared with last years judging....

Bottom line, if these people don't want to go, then why slander.. afterall its for charity and that should be remembered.... And its still the largst BMW only show in the SE of England and still only 1 of 3 of a kind in the UK.

We have entrance coming from Germany, finland, Northern Island and Belgium..... That should tell people how good this One Day Show really is....
Appreciate 0