E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Tasteless, classless & crude

07-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #45
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
it's never really been a paradise.......

but now that "all those people" who infiltrated Houston are now heading back, we feel alot more comfortable lol.....

there's a reason why most people from Houston hate the trash in New Orleans......
This is really awful of me to repeat, but being born and raised in the south I completely agree with it. My Grandma always said after Katrina "We need one more strong cane to get what Katrina missed" Is that racist? You could say it is. Im so sick of the you know whats here and people say everywhere you go there are the "riff raff" but it is NOT like New Orleans. Ive lived in Maryland, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Utah and Ive visited many other states and stayed for weeks at a time. Never have I seen such filth, scum, and just completely trash worth of a population then here in New Orleans. People ask me where I live and I tell them Southeastern LA ....I cannot wait to move to California. Good riddance Louisiana.. Katrina, BP...theres just nothing going right for this state anymore.

Last edited by Sara; 07-05-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #46
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
This is really awful of me to repeat, but being born and raised in the south I completely agree with it. My Grandma always said after Katrina "We need one more strong cane to get what Katrina missed" Is that racist? You could say it is. Im so sick of the you know whats here and people say everywhere you go there are the "riff raff" but it is NOT like New Orleans. Ive lived in Maryland, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Utah and Ive visited many other states and stayed for weeks at a time. Never have I seen such filth, scum, and just completely trash worth of a population then here in New Orleans. People ask me where I live and I tell them Southeastern LA ....I cannot wait to move to California. Good riddance Louisiana.. Katrina, BP...theres just nothing going right for this state anymore.
And what about the Mardi Gras then?

I've only been to NYC and Miami/Fort Lauderdale more than 10 years ago. But we're planning to visit the USA in the oncoming years(but first the World Cup Football 2014 in Brasil) , New Orleans is a no go then?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #47
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
And what about the Mardi Gras then?

I've only been to NYC and Miami/Fort Lauderdale more than 10 years ago. But we're planning to visit the USA in the oncoming years(but first the World Cup Football 2014 in Brasil) , New Orleans is a no go then?

Cheers
Robin
I mean to out of towners, Mardi Gras is great but I live here. I grew up around carnival. Earlier this year in Feb when carnival started I didnt go to a single parade. Im so over it. Its fun to expierence once or twice. To me, the only ones worth it are Endymion, Bacchus, Zulu, and Rex.. Cleopatra is fun but thats on the Westbank.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #48
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

I still love to visit the French Quarter every now and then. As a visitor on a brief stay (like a weekend), it's got a certain charm that I like. Would I want to live there? No. And I don't know what the surrounding areas are like but I imagine I wouldn't like it much anyway. Besides, I'm spoiled where I live with the weather, people etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #49
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmettBrown View Post
reminds me also - why does every fucking guy in today's society think they are some MMA fighter or some hard ass? i swear douchebags are becoming more and more common these days. i know when i deserve an ass whopping or am acting like an idiot, but every moron these days just wants to resolute shit by fighting
Because Dana White. That douchebag has created one if the fasted growing, most popular "sports" today. I've had my fair share of combative mixed martial arts training but the key word here is combative. Much different than what you see in the cage.

But this goes hand in hand with poor parenting and an already overemphasized violence in all media. It's got every Ed Hardy wearing dumbass thinking their "fighters" and that that's the way to resolve shit. (coupled with the fact that this country is one big war machine).

What a joke. Thank god I'm a race fan!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #50
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmettBrown View Post
reminds me also - why does every fucking guy in today's society think they are some MMA fighter or some hard ass? i swear douchebags are becoming more and more common these days. i know when i deserve an ass whopping or am acting like an idiot, but every moron these days just wants to resolute shit by fighting
At least Mike's new best buddy actually tried him. The rest of those jack asses are just internet tough guys.
      07-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #51
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
This is really awful of me to repeat, but being born and raised in the south I completely agree with it. My Grandma always said after Katrina "We need one more strong cane to get what Katrina missed" Is that racist? You could say it is. Im so sick of the you know whats here
it's not racists and i completely undersatand what you're talking about - you don't even have to mention it because we're both experienced in it.

i just wish Mayor Bill White would have never opened up the Astrodome to Katrina Victims, but the storm gained national attention EVEN BEFORE it hit N.O. because of what everyone knew what was inevitibely going to happen.....

Bill White HAD to do something to show that he cared - Houston opened up it's homes and it's shelters for these people in good faith.

but it brought nothing but torment and anguish for years to follow - we are not slowly recovering.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #52
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

here's what we had to deal with.......

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #53
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

The shocker sticker WAS funny, now it's played out. Don't take these things so seriously, I find political humor bumper stickers far more classless. Chastizing a president is far from proper or patriotic.

Also, yes, I agree there is a significant deterioration of society, and it's mainly due to our laws being common law and not code as well as crummy parents and the welfare system that is completely broken.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #54
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Heh funny... I read this this morning and while on my way back from lunch... lo and behold... Civic Type R with a big ass shocker sticker on the back window, unpainted front end, and grapefruit shooter pulls out in front of me. There's a whole mess of those little freaks working over at the Honda/Infiniti of Lisle complex.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #55
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
The shocker sticker WAS funny, now it's played out. Don't take these things so seriously, I find political humor bumper stickers far more classless. Chastizing a president is far from proper or patriotic.

Also, yes, I agree there is a significant deterioration of society, and it's mainly due to our laws being common law and not code as well as crummy parents and the welfare system that is completely broken.
I never found it funny. There's funny and then there's crude. Two different things. I don't take it too seriously. If I did I would probably go nuts with all the irrisponsible and pathetic behavior out there. Part of me has conceded that this is just the way of things and all things change.

I'm in agreement that political humor is lacking class as well. Patriotism is definitely not popular anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #56
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
here's what we had to deal with.......

Oh trust me Im well aware.... I was 17 when Katrina hit and my Mom was convinced it was going to turn to FL. Well by the time she decided we needed to leave it was too late to get the horses out and she wasnt leaving them. So we stayed. The shit we had to deal with was torture. I felt the aftermath was worse than the actual storm. The people were just a nightmare. Ive never been so scared to go to sleep in my life in what was left of my Grandmas neighborhood. We ended up last minute Sunday night (the night before Katrina made land fall) going to my Grandmas house 10 miles up the road where my uncle, aunt, and two cousins also decided to stay and "weather out the storm". When you take turns sleeping so that someone is always on guard (the adults not us "kids")with a shotgun to watch for looters is unimaginable. Its really a shame we had to do that.

Last edited by Sara; 07-05-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #57
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh trust me Im well aware.... I was 17 when Katrina hit and my Mom was convinced it was going to turn to FL. Well by the time she decided we needed to leave it was too late to get the horses out and she wasnt leaving them. So we stayed. The shit we had to deal with was torture. I felt the aftermath was worse than the actual storm. The people were just a nightmare. Ive never been so scared to go to sleep in my life in what was left of my Grandmas neighborhood. We ended up last minute Sunday night (the night before Katrina made land fall) going to my Grandmas house 10 miles up the road where my uncle, aunt, and two cousins also decided to stay and "weather out the storm". When you take turns sleeping so that someone is always on guard (the adults not us "kids")with a shotgun to watch for looters is unimaginable. Its really a shame we had to do that.
yep - people didn't even want to volunteer anymore after the first 2 weeks....

dealing with the most uneducated, unemployed, poverished and most disrepectful people in the nation was the worst part....

i wouldn't even be able to tell you if there is another city in the nation that would give N.O. a run for it's money when it comes to people like this....

some places in Miami ??

some hoods in New Jersey ??

Detroit ??
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #58
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Detroit ??
Maybe in a sense, yeah, but Detroit is so sparsely populated and relatively small that I don't think it could rival NO for a second.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #59
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
yep - people didn't even want to volunteer anymore after the first 2 weeks....

dealing with the most uneducated, unemployed, poverished and most disrepectful people in the nation was the worst part....

i wouldn't even be able to tell you if there is another city in the nation that would give N.O. a run for it's money when it comes to people like this....

some places in Miami ??

some hoods in New Jersey ??

Detroit ??
My Grandma passed away just over a month ago. Im hoping she's up in Heaven and can conjure up something in the gulf one last time for us. That way I can be forced to evacuate and never come back. Pretty awful of me to say I know.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #60
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Detroit ??
The city has major problems and is far from great. But not as bad as NO, IMO.
      07-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #61
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
The city has major problems and is far from great. But not as bad as NO, IMO.
agreed.

i doubt the citizens of Detroit have ever gone to another nearby city and destroyed it within weeks of being there....
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #62
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
agreed.

i doubt the citizens of Detroit have ever gone to another nearby city and destroyed it within weeks of being there....
They are animals..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #63
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They are animals..
you should have stayed in Utah.

i went to SLC on business back in 2007 - absolutely beautiful city.

i probably would murder someone withing the LDS Church for being a bunch of religious tards and basically having a "hand" in everything that goes on in the city, but it was a nice place to visit.

everyone looked so peaceful - and the women were all surprisingly over 5'10" HAHA !!! that one thing i noticed when i got there.

in a perfect world, i'd be making money hand over fist to live in San Diego
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #64
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
you should have stayed in Utah.

i went to SLC on business back in 2007 - absolutely beautiful city.

i probably would murder someone withing the LDS Church for being a bunch of religious tards and basically having a "hand" in everything that goes on in the city, but it was a nice place to visit.

everyone looked so peaceful - and the women were all surprisingly over 5'10" HAHA !!! that one thing i noticed when i got there.
You wanna see a total anamoly? Go to Barcelona. There's no women under 17 or over 45 outside and they all look like models. Strangest thing ever.

Now if only they were nice...

Quote:
in a perfect world, i'd be making money hand over fist to live in San Diego
The world will never be perfect. Nike said it best... Just Do It! because like getting new tires or divorced or whatever... there's never going to be a convenient perfect time for doing so.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #65
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I was driving down a main street the other day. It was green lights all the way for me so I was just cruising at about 45-48mph (speed limit was 45). Then all of a sudden i had to brake abruptly cus there were 4 freaking kids walking across the street like they owned the damn road!! They were probably in their early teen. One guy was dressed all thug like wih backward hat and low hanging jeans. The others, 3 chubby girls were walking behind him, looked at me and was yelling some shit. I was thinking to myself "wait did they just walked across the street while there was traffic going on? And they were trying to say shit to me?! Wtf?!" The bay area and its stupid-dumb-and-hyphy attitude.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #66
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
The world will never be perfect. Nike said it best... Just Do It! because like getting new tires or divorced or whatever... there's never going to be a convenient perfect time for doing so.
all i know is that i live life very comfortably here in Houston.

my mortgage payment is just over $1200 and i have a 2300sqft 2-story house and 2 new vehicles...

at my "current" hourly rate, i'd definitely be pushing the limitations - i believe i would be taking a step back.

i would need about a 60% increase in salary to live as comfortably in SD as i am here in Houston.

a 60% increase would be a perfect world lol.

plus, here in Houston i can find a job anywhere in the city for Engineering/Procurement/Oil/Gas/Petrochem/Hydrocarbons - there is no shortage of work here.
Appreciate 0