E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Anyone use AMS OIL PI?

01-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
JerzeySux
UrMother
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 335xiE92

Anyone use AMS OIL PI?

Does anyone use or tried using the AMS OIL PI?
I heard its suppose to clean out all the nasty crap in the car and improve your gas milege.
I heard these work wonders on Jap cars just wondering if its worth it on BMW's. I have 64kmiles and was trying to do some clean up inside the gas tank.
any expereicne?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeySux View Post
Does anyone use or tried using the AMS OIL PI?
I heard its suppose to clean out all the nasty crap in the car and improve your gas milege.
I heard these work wonders on Jap cars just wondering if its worth it on BMW's. I have 64kmiles and was trying to do some clean up inside the gas tank.
any expereicne?
Curious, how does it remove the "crap" from the gas tank other than pushing it through your fuel system into your engine?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
JerzeySux
UrMother
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 335xiE92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Curious, how does it remove the "crap" from the gas tank other than pushing it through your fuel system into your engine?
I think it "burns" the nasty shit. Im not really sure thats why im asking but the guy said it was really good and when i was there a guy in a CLS550 came in and bought 6 bottles of it and poured one down the gas tank and the owner said to beat on the car a bit so it burns?..

Anyone else with experience?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
gumpy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i DCT

I am an Amsoil preferred customer and run Amsoil in all my cars. It is one of the few oils that is actually tested to go for extended drain intervals.

Anyway, I was skeptical about using it in our cars, as they do not have traditional fuel injectors and instead have direct injection. I called the Amsoil tech line and they confirmed that it was safe to use. I have been using it since I got the car with 7,000 miles on it. I now have 43,000 miles. I have never had any issues. I am on my original fuel pump as well. Just my 2 cents.

gumpy.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
jimk
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

I used it on my E39 M5 religiously, every 5K miles. No issues. BTW, it is called Amsoil PI.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpy View Post
I am an Amsoil preferred customer and run Amsoil in all my cars. It is one of the few oils that is actually tested to go for extended drain intervals.

Anyway, I was skeptical about using it in our cars, as they do not have traditional fuel injectors and instead have direct injection. I called the Amsoil tech line and they confirmed that it was safe to use. I have been using it since I got the car with 7,000 miles on it. I now have 43,000 miles. I have never had any issues. I am on my original fuel pump as well. Just my 2 cents.

gumpy.
Not to but taking Amsoil's word on BMW longevity is not a good idea.

We all know that AMSOIL does not meet BMW requirements and only AMSOIL will tell you that it "meets Euro requirements" although they've never had it tested.

Call your BMW dealer (or better yet BMWNA) and ask them if AMSOIL meets BMW LL specs.

If you believe the AMSOIL hype then I have a great oil for you. It meets every spec known to man (even those not yet invented) and will provide 100k mile intervals. It is my very own blend of maple syrup, sawdust (to reduce oil loss) and a few secret ingedients. It is called IAMSOILING my pants.

BMW owners are better off sticking to oil on the "approved" list that buying into the internet hype of companies like AMSOIL and Royal Purple.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
gumpy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i DCT

Talk about pent up anger!!

Calm down man. If you do not like Amsoil, then don't use it. I was merely discussing my use of PI in my car for nearly 40,000 miles. I am not an Amsoil Dealer, and have no interest in trying to sell their products here or anywhere else.

If you look your car up on their site you will see not just what they recommend, but also what they do not recommend.

Link: http://www.amsoil.com/mygarage/vehic...07+BMW+335xi+G

For example, they recommend only BMW supplied transmission fluid and spark plugs. I also called them about their octane booster, but they told me that it would degrade the catalytic converters. They could have just sold it to me.

Cheers.

Gumpy.
Appreciate 0