E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2012 DVD Nav (US) Updates Released

02-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #243
chemist
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Audi

http://fsc-tools.com/en/pages/54.htm
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #244
HungHingHK
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

more seed PUREZZZ!!!
      02-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #245
GenePoole
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

I haven't seen anyone downloading my copy of the originals (I guess everyone wants the ones with speedcams) so I took down my torrent.

If anyone wants a copy of the original two-disk set, I'll entertain B&Ps. For anyone who doesn't know what B&P is, it's "Blanks and Postage," an old deadhead term when we used to trade cassettes of Grateful Dead shows. Basically, you send me 2 blank DVDs in a return postage-paid package so all I have to do is burn the copy, then drop the postage-paid envelope into my mailbox. The idea is to make it as convenient as possible on the guy with the goods.

If you want to do this, email me. To thwart spambots, my domain is hoxnet, the top level domain is com and my address before the "@" is dathead.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #246
WarHoc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i: TiAg/Black

I have a 2009 328 w/ the 2009 software and would like to upgrade to the 2012 maps. I've searched and read about the updates, but want to make sure I've pieced together all the steps correctly. Am I missing anything?

1) Obtain 2012 DVDs (either from dealership for ~ $7 or download and burn disks)
2) Obtain FSC code (either from dealer for ~$200 or so, or from a member here for ~$100)
3) Insert disks into DVD Drive in dash and insert FSC code
4) Allow update to run and follow instructions (takes a couple hours for all 3 disks)

BTW, are there benefits for downloading the maps and burning them yourselves other than not having to go to dealer, speed traps, less than $7?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #247
ttam
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet movie theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHoc View Post
I have a 2009 328 w/ the 2009 software and would like to upgrade to the 2012 maps. I've searched and read about the updates, but want to make sure I've pieced together all the steps correctly. Am I missing anything?

1) Obtain 2012 DVDs (either from dealership for ~ $7 or download and burn disks)
2) Obtain FSC code (either from dealer for ~$200 or so, or from a member here for ~$100)
4) Allow update to run and follow instructions (takes a couple hours for all 3 disks)

BTW, are there benefits for downloading the maps and burning them yourselves other than not having to go to dealer, speed traps, less than $7?

yeup, you got it all correct.

as for the benefits.. there really isnt any. it took quite a long time to download the torrent file for the CIC. for ~$7 it is probably a better and easier method of getting the disks.

There were a lot of people having issues burning the files. I had to try 3 times before i could burn the 1st disk correctly.

Also, I did not notice there were any speed traps available for the CIC (correct me if i am wrong)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #248
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
Sure Dude,
Your 2009 has a hard drive Navi, your DVD is updated at your BMW dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHoc View Post

Last edited by Spydeputy; 02-22-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #249
bula
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
I haven't seen anyone downloading my copy of the originals (I guess everyone wants the ones with speedcams) so I took down my torrent.

If anyone wants a copy of the original two-disk set, I'll entertain B&Ps. For anyone who doesn't know what B&P is, it's "Blanks and Postage," an old deadhead term when we used to trade cassettes of Grateful Dead shows. Basically, you send me 2 blank DVDs in a return postage-paid package so all I have to do is burn the copy, then drop the postage-paid envelope into my mailbox. The idea is to make it as convenient as possible on the guy with the goods.

If you want to do this, email me. To thwart spambots, my domain is hoxnet, the top level domain is com and my address before the "@" is dathead.
I did and they work very well, Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #250
Boost3dm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

anyone get a corrupt archive error when trying to extract the iso for the east zip no cams?
Become a BMW CCA member; please use member #405205 as a reference . Click here to join online
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #251
PA66400
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost3dm3 View Post
anyone get a corrupt archive error when trying to extract the iso for the east zip no cams?
Yes!! I thought that I was the only one. Downloaded the torrent twice, same thing. No error for the West iso - it burned fine and works fine. Am using GenePoole's torrent iso. Same error in XP and Win 7 - what gives?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #252
smallgirl
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Saphir Metallic F10 M5

Unhappy Speedcams & Speedtraps in Calgary, Canada

Hey guys - I cannot locate the speedtraps with the 2012 DVD update - guess we here in Canada will have to wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #253
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallgirl View Post
Hey guys - I cannot locate the speedtraps with the 2012 DVD update - guess we here in Canada will have to wait.
??? Go you your NAV - select INFORMATION - go to ON-LOCATION - go to CARS & TRAVEL - select POLICE SPEED TRAPS & TRAFFIC LIGHTS/CAM

That's it i guess... (you can only select either one Police Speed Trap or Traffic Lights / Cam)

Try that... I hope I answer your question...

Last edited by crzylildude; 02-21-2012 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #254
smallgirl
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Saphir Metallic F10 M5

Question

Yes, tried all that - but doesn't show any in Calgary yet I know there have been lots added in the last 2 yrs - heard somewhere that the 2010 NAV DVD has them listed in the database.

Anyone from Canada able to confirm this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #255
BillieLawless
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330 Ci

Quote:
CCC Navigation DVDs (East and West)!

I just got mine in the mail from BMW today. As soon as I rip them and verify that they burn OK and work in my car, I'll get the torrents up.

It's been awhile since I did any torrents (last year for the 2011.1 Nav disks IIRC) so anyone got some tips on how to get this going as soon as possible?

Edit:

I ripped both with linux, burned one Memorex DVD+R with built-in DVD burner on my Windows7 laptop and ImgBurn (4x) and burned the other on a TDK DVD-R using an LG Blu-Ray Burner with linux and cdrecord (4x). Both disks worked fine in my 2006 330i CCC Navigation Professional.

I created two torrents; one for Region 1 (East) and one for Region 2 (West). See photo if you don't know what region you need. It'll take a good long while (I'm guessing 48 hrs or so) to get both seeded and going on my slow-ass country bumpkin DSL.

Hopefully I got the torrents right. Let me know if they are working.

Here are links to the torrents:

http://hoxnet.com/BMW_Nav_East_2012.1.zip.torrent
http://hoxnet.com/BMW_Nav_West_2012.1.zip.torrent

Keep the seeding going.
So I have dnloaded this file (Nav_East) twice with Utorrent from two different locations with different computers and different OS. Both zips have come down with a corruption error when attempting to extract the ISO. Ignoring the error msges the file completes extracting to a complete (?) ISO. I am now burning. We'll see. I'll post again later today.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #256
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
Hi Billie,
What is the TOMTOM logo at the bottom of the Disc's. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieLawless View Post
So I have dnloaded this file (Nav_East) twice with Utorrent from two different locations with different computers and different OS. Both zips have come down with a corruption error when attempting to extract the ISO. Ignoring the error msges the file completes extracting to a complete (?) ISO. I am now burning. We'll see. I'll post again later today.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #257
bboy_RES
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW 335i E92

I had one setback, but after that it worked great. I downloaded the Torrent on my Mac, unzipped the file, and burned it onto a Memorex DVD+R DL disc. Everything worked great. I put the disc in the car and it said it detected a new nav disc version and to turn the system off for 5 minutes. after that i turned the car on, but the screen said Nav Disc Error. i decided to try to burn the disc using my girlfriends Windows 7 based laptop. i downloaded ImgBurn and used that software to burn the disc. i made sure to write at 4x speed. after that i inserted the disc into the nav unit and the map popped up. it took a couple seconds before the roads popped up, but after that everything seems to be working flawlessly. thanks for the download!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #258
Kou
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335i

Hi, this is probably dumb, but having read most of the post here.. I have downloaded the CCC western for my 2008 335i and burnt it both 1x and 4x on to my DVDs. When I inserted the disc, the navi tells me to turn the system off for 5mins, which I did. Then, I turn it back on after 6mins and it tells me to insert the disc.. I took the disc and put it back in. It still doesn't work, please help me out here.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #259
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
CCC Navigation DVDs (East and West)!

I just got mine in the mail from BMW today. As soon as I rip them and verify that they burn OK and work in my car, I'll get the torrents up.

It's been awhile since I did any torrents (last year for the 2011.1 Nav disks IIRC) so anyone got some tips on how to get this going as soon as possible?

Edit:

I ripped both with linux, burned one Memorex DVD+R with built-in DVD burner on my Windows7 laptop and ImgBurn (4x) and burned the other on a TDK DVD-R using an LG Blu-Ray Burner with linux and cdrecord (4x). Both disks worked fine in my 2006 330i CCC Navigation Professional.

I created two torrents; one for Region 1 (East) and one for Region 2 (West). See photo if you don't know what region you need. It'll take a good long while (I'm guessing 48 hrs or so) to get both seeded and going on my slow-ass country bumpkin DSL.

Hopefully I got the torrents right. Let me know if they are working.

Here are links to the torrents:

http://hoxnet.com/BMW_Nav_East_2012.1.zip.torrent
http://hoxnet.com/BMW_Nav_West_2012.1.zip.torrent

Keep the seeding going.
Thank you, I am downloading now, as soon as I get it all down and seeded, I will give it a try and report back.
This is for 2007 e90 (ccc)
be back in a couple days lol
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #260
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
For those interested in the 2012 North America Nav DVD's w/ Red Light & Speed Cam's and Speed Traps, here you go:

2012 East DVD w/ Red Light & Speed Cam's and Speed Traps

2012 West DVD w/ Red Light & Speed Cam's and Speed Traps

Cam's and speed traps are from the 2011 DVD's. So, any new cam's added within the past 1 - 2 years may not show up on the screen.

I burned the West DVD and it works fine on my 2007 E90.

East DVD has not been tested and I do not plan on testing it anytime soon. So, I cannot guarantee that it will work. I hope someone that downloads it will check and post here if it works.

Once again, thanks to GenePoole for posting the OEM Nav DVD torrents!

EDIT: Burned the East DVD and it works fine too!
OK after wasting a handful of dvd's lol I think I got it. Using your "rar" file, and google, I tried imgburn but it wouldn't allow the extracted files to go into the burn folder...I used the zipped file and it allowed it, I image wrote it and after about 15 minutes or so it was done. I popped it in the nav and it worked. I played for a minute with speed traps, it read disc error, I ejected and put it back in, I tried places to eat and drink, it showed up places down the street. So if there are any glitches (strictly my error of course) I will know more as I use it. As far as the op links, they probably are good as well, I'm just too dumb to figure it all out as it is all new to me with this stuff. i never learned it cause I never needed things like this.
So all and all, thank you, so far so good. I did the East Coast btw
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #261
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok sorry for beating this thread but just wanted to report back....
The dvd with cams worked but kept giving disc errors after a couple of minutes.
I came home from work and burned the original 2012 from genepool and so far that is working with no errors.

I am burning the cameras one again and see if it is error free.

I did read in other forums that you get these errors when the files are tweaked or added or whatever, since it works for some, I am giving it another shot.

Thanks guys for your time and generosity.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #262
Kou
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335i

it seems i burnt it with memorex DVD+R DL and it went fine.. just that it'll load slow whenever it's restarted or not go straight into navigation
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #263
Car54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M-Sport Wagon - EBII

Is anyone selling these discs that have mastered the burning process?
      02-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #264
Jmagne
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328xi Touring

Hi all,
Downloaded, burned and tested the 2012 NA East w/ Police traps.
At first look, it seamed nothing changed, no police trap option was displayed.

Then I realized my Nav screen was set in French and I should give it a try in English. Voilą ! Police trap are there.
And I can even switch back in french, icons remains on the screen ;-)

Good to know. Might be similiar in Spanish in case the menu was not translated either.

Jeremy
Appreciate 0