E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Vibes

03-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
Nocomment328
Rep
Drives: 3

Vibes

So ive posted before and usually refer to my rough idle as.... A rough idle. I think the majority of rough idle topics pertain to the really rough sputtering that happens with a bad coil. What i had and still have is i guess vibrations. When i start the car and idle is high, everything is great. Once it warms up, i get a lot of vibration through the steering wheel. To date ive had the following work done:

Spark plugs replaced twice. Checked gaps both times.
O2 sensors
Replaced all coils
Fan belts and some other belts (forget name)
Replaced some pcv hose or tube? Forget name was was found to be damaged when...
Replaced the valve gasket.
Replaced oil filter gasket.
Cleaned vanos solenoids. Twice. And swapped intake/exhausts.
Have tried tons of fuel injector cleaner.
Changed gas companies.

I dont know what else to do!!! I think i feel it vibrate stronger when im facing up on a hill at a standstill. It def seems rougher and like i feel it in floor. Otherwise its only noticeable when the car is in gear and at a COMPLETE stop. If i let up on brake and roll, it goes away.

Dealers and indys all say everything looks fine and dont know whats wrong. I asked both to check motor mounts but they said they look fine. I also dont get any of the normal engine mount symptoms. Any advise?? Its a 2007 328xi 149k miles. Car runs like a champ and drives solid. This is the one thing thats been driving me insane for the past 40k miles...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
Nocomment328
Rep
Drives: 3

Ok somewhat of an update. Today at a stop light then afterwards at a stop sign the car was smooth as butter while stopped. I don't understand what's happening. About 5 mins later at another light, it was giving me vibrations again.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I had and sometimes have that.
I read on a post in here someone took off each coil stick and put dielectric grease on the inside boot of the coil and a dab on the plug ceramic. His idle issue went away. I did it with spark plug boot grease from auto zone and felt no difference. Maybe it needs pure dielectric grease on it?
Worth a try...

Edit..... Here you go> http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778082
Appreciate 0