E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Moving to VA Beach area

11-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
sk8board511
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90-Bikes on bikes on bikes

Moving to VA Beach area

Hey guys so I'm finally making the move back down to VA to finish school and get on with my life. Im going to be moving to Virginia Beach /Chesapeake and was wondering whats to do down there, It's been 10 years so I'm sure a ton has changed. Any advise on good places to live or to steer clear of would be greatly appreciated.

-Greg
      11-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

I know there has been a lot of growth there in the last 10 years. There is some 757 activity on these forums. Good luck!
      11-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
J-9
Converting 93 octane to noise.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Hey bro, welcome to the area. Post up in the 757 above and you'll get a lot of responses.

Town Center's a good place to go out. and of course where you live depends on what you're willing to spend, but the selection is really broad. see ya around!
      11-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
left123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TiAg 330i 6MT ZSP

I grew up in VB and can say that its average income is fairly depressed b/c of the huge navy population. This keeps the area not nearly as nice as, say, Northern VA where I live now (and half of VA). I still go there often though, and if I were moving back, I would think about moving to Norfolk. There's some classy parts there and its easy access to the whole 757 area. The previous poster stated VB towncenter as nice and I agree. You just have to deal with the crappy shops all along the Virginia Beach blvd. It all depends on what stage of life you are in. I got the wife in tow, so that seriously influences how I think. You may want to live down by the oceanfront and go to bars all the time. not my cup of tea nor is it really a nice place down there.

Thats my $.02. Good luck with the move.
Appreciate 0