E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Air Conditioner Failure

11-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
deep green
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Vert

Garage List
Air Conditioner Failure

Hey
Had a quick forum search but not able to find any info on possible causes for an air conditioner failure that has recently occurred in my car.

The system looks like it is operating fine ie all lights on dash display look and work as normal including the fan speed led indicators, but the actual fan is not operating/pumping air hence the entire system has stopped working.

Had a quick look through the maze of fuses, but all seems well in this department. Anyone with experience with this, or able to shed some troubleshooting process at me would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Deep Green

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
JinAM
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep green
Hey
Had a quick forum search but not able to find any info on possible causes for an air conditioner failure that has recently occurred in my car.

The system looks like it is operating fine ie all lights on dash display look and work as normal including the fan speed led indicators, but the actual fan is not operating/pumping air hence the entire system has stopped working.

Had a quick look through the maze of fuses, but all seems well in this department. Anyone with experience with this, or able to shed some troubleshooting process at me would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Deep Green
It can be a fan or fan speed resistor.
Need to have a proper diagnoses.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
GJA003
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 COUPE

Its the blower motor.
Not sure on the E90's ect but on my 1 series it was under the glove box.
Bit of a pain to get out but mine just needed a few turns clean and lubricated popped it back in all working again. Hope it helps.

Appreciate 0