E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > black mats in beige interior

10-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #23
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healey3000 View Post
Hi,

This is obviously a very subjective thing. I have black mats and I think they work very well aesthetically to tie the color of the dash to the floor. To my eye, when one looks down into the car, the floor should not be prominent and black actually offers a sense of more depth. I didn't go this route for the dirt aspect.

But, that's just me.
Are you a decorator? To each his own but BMW (and most if not all)sells color matched floor mats for a reason. I've never seen a beige carpet with black rugs. Hope I never do.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #24
Healey3000
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i, with 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
Are you a decorator? To each his own but BMW (and most if not all)sells color matched floor mats for a reason. I've never seen a beige carpet with black rugs. Hope I never do.
Taken in isolation, beige carpets with black rugs may sound strange. However, with the entire room taken into consideration, it might not.

If I had a room with a contemporary theme for the furniture (black dye), black rugs might be the perfect accessory.

Have you actually seen an E90 with black floor mats in a beige interior? Regardless, as you say, to each his/her own.
Appreciate 0