E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > First pics of E90/E91 facelift (2009 model)!

Closed Thread

01-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #177
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

The shark fin is definitely more pronounced on the new car. As far as the bumper, check out the unedited photo at the top of the page in the areas that I circled. The current car has a crease, the new one does not. I swear I'm not seeing things!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #178
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
The shark fin is definitely more pronounced on the new car. As far as the bumper, check out the unedited photo at the top of the page in the areas that I circled. The current car has a crease, the new one does not. I swear I'm not seeing things!
Not for nothing, but in the grand scheme of a mid-cycle facelift, these things don't matter all that much. If they are there though, good eyes. No need to visit the eye doctor.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #179
KillDork
First Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: E90 MY '06 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
I think the shark fins are a different size (maybe a euro thing) and I've noticed there is no crease below the tail light lens on the new car (on the rear bumper). Are my eyes playing tricks on me???
I think you're seeing things, no offense ;-)
Check out my shark fin, just the same...
Attached Images

Aluminium trim|black Dakota leather|Xenon|Comfort Access|Sports seats|Steptronic|iDrive Professional|Bluetooth|Voice|PDC front & rear|sun shade rear window & sides|auto dim outside & inside mirrors|Comfort|Dynamic|Advantage
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #180
JCLBoston
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
LED tail lights has been confirmed.
I hope that we can retrofit.. and w/o error codes..
      01-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #181
335i4u2nv
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w

nice whip!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 05:21 AM   #182
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
You've been reading too many old car magazines. the E60 design has been very well accepted after 4 yrs, and the sales numbers show.
lol, old car magazines?

The car is accepted, sure. People tolerate the front and rear, but that hardly makes it a "much better design" than the E90 which is what you said. BMW agrees with me - they are greatly toning down the design with the new F10 5 series. So enjoy your beloved headlights and bangle butt while you can, they will be gone soon. And what's left will probably be a mighty fine looking car.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 06:15 AM   #183
KillDork
First Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
lol, old car magazines?

The car is accepted, sure. People tolerate the front and rear, but that hardly makes it a "much better design" than the E90 which is what you said. BMW agrees with me - they are greatly toning down the design with the new F10 5 series. So enjoy your beloved headlights and bangle butt while you can, they will be gone soon. And what's left will probably be a mighty fine looking car.
Amen brother ;-)
Always thougth the E60 looked a bit... awkward.
Aluminium trim|black Dakota leather|Xenon|Comfort Access|Sports seats|Steptronic|iDrive Professional|Bluetooth|Voice|PDC front & rear|sun shade rear window & sides|auto dim outside & inside mirrors|Comfort|Dynamic|Advantage
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #184
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

Quote:
lol, old car magazines?

Again you are reading too many car magazines who jump out to criticize Chris Bangle when the newer generations of BMW come out. Can't think for yourself, can you? Anyway, Chris Bangle is doing just fine as the director of BMW design, and BMW is doing better than ever. The original 7 series tail is a bit weird, but the current 5 series is widely accepted the best in its category, notably for those who want to purchase a vehicle in the executive car class.

Design language is a matter of personal opinion. I personally love the 5 series and it's gratifying to see one in the garage everyday. Mark my words, the e90/91 tail light will see some change. there's a reason the e92/93 don't use the same weird shape.

F10 is two years away. Have you seen it?

Last edited by ManMachine; 01-23-2008 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #185
335i4u2nv
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i e9O sL0w

its sweet... i have to 2010 then itll be paid off and ill probably get a z06 or pcar
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #186
KillDork
First Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Again you are reading too many car magazines who jump out to criticize Chris Bangle when the newer generations of BMW come out. Can't think for yourself, can you? Anyway, Chris Bangle is doing just fine as the director of BMW design, and BMW is doing better than ever. The original 7 series tail is a bit weird, but the current 5 series is widely accepted the best in its category, notably for those who want to purchase a vehicle in the executive car class.

Design language is a matter of personal opinion. I personally love the 5 series and it's gratifying to see one in the garage everyday. Mark my words, the e90/91 tail light will see some change. there's a reason the e92/93 don't use the same weird shape.

I love most of the stuff Bangle and Hoydoonk have done, but I still say the 5-er needs to loose the Dame Edna-lights and do some clean up with the rear lights in the next version, F10, to really get the "I want it!"-feel from new buyers.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #187
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Again you are reading too many car magazines who jump out to criticize Chris Bangle when the newer generations of BMW come out. Can't think for yourself, can you?
First of all I think its pretty amusing that you come into an E90 forum and make a statement about the E60 being better than the E90 and now you are getting defensive with me for my rebuttal. Can't think for myself? Dude, listen to yourself. Just because I don't agree with what is a controversial statement at best in the context of this forum, I can't think for myself? LOL, come on man. Please tone the ego down a notch.

Do you see the other comments responding to you in this thread? People agree with me here. If you want validation why not just get it from the E60 forums? You aren't going to convince many E90 drivers here that the E60 is "a much better design" than the E90. And that was all I stated from the beginning. It looks like I might have been right, no?

Quote:
Anyway, Chris Bangle is doing just fine as the director of BMW design, and BMW is doing better than ever. The original 7 series tail is a bit weird, but the current 5 series is widely accepted the best in its category, notably for those who want to purchase a vehicle in the executive car class.
Great, but irrelevant. We were discussing the car's appearance only, and your opinions on that. Nothing more. As I've already said the E60 is a fine car other than the aesthetics and it will probably be even better next generation.

Quote:
Design language is a matter of personal opinion. I personally love the 5 series and it's gratifying to see one in the garage everyday.
Great. And I love my cars too. Never had the urge to go into a 5 series forum and claim state that the design is much better than those cars though.

Quote:
Mark my words, the e90/91 tail light will see some change. there's a reason the e92/93 don't use the same weird shape.
No one doubts they will change. That's blatantly obvious from the spy pics. Just don't count on them looking like the E92/E93.

Quote:
Nope, just spyshots and artists impressions. Never claimed to though. How 'bout you?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #188
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

Quote:
First of all I think its pretty amusing that you come into an E90 forum and make a statement about the E60 being better than the E90 and now you are getting defensive with me for my rebuttal. Can't think for myself? Dude, listen to yourself. Just because I don't agree with what is a controversial statement at best in the context of this forum, I can't think for myself? LOL, come on man. Please tone the ego down a notch.

Nope, just spyshots and artists impressions. Never claimed to though. How 'bout you?
Amusing? We have an E60 and I'd like to get an E91, and with the likely design change coming to the E90/E91, I think it's pretty fair that I comment and compare.

And we all know how much spy shots are worth Two-Three years before the new vehicle release.

Last edited by ManMachine; 01-23-2008 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #189
neo871
Major
Romania
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive MPPSK

Quote:
Amusing? We have an E60 and I'd like to get an E91, and with the likely design change coming to the E90/E91, I think it's pretty fair that I comment and compare.

And we all know how much spy shots are worth Two-Three years before the new vehicle release.
please stop saying that...... let's all pray the facelift will be out sept '08
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #190
ChrisM135i
Verd1chtete 1ntensität
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

Garage List
2008 135i E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo871 View Post
please stop saying that...... let's all pray the facelift will be out sept '08
+1
... and will be shown at geneva 2008!

BMW 135i E82 - 6 MT - ///M-Sport - M 261 - Black Saphir - Xenon - PDC - NaviProf - BMW Online - BMW Assist - HiFi Sound System
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #191
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Absolutely - no problem with commenting. You made a comment, and I made a comment in response. Pretty standard stuff for an internet discussion forum. As far as I can tell it never needed to go any further than that.

Quote:
The F10? Probably two years to autoshow debut, yeah. Nothing is certain of course, but its looks pretty clear from the spyshots and the comments made by the photographers that the front and rear will be toned way down. There have also been stories on Autoblog, TCC, WCF, etc about BMW's desire to go more conservative with the styling of the 5. 6. 7 next time around.

As for the E90/E91 refresh, that's only months away.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 04:07 AM   #192
neo871
Major
Romania
Rep

did anyone hear any rumors saying that the 330(x)d will get more hp?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #193
cycler
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna

You cant really tell anything from the front. The back of the car should be worked
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #194
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RRS SC

My lease is up in May....I want a MY2009 E90....when would be the earliest I could order/get one?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #195
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

^ I would guess September/October...

But I'm no sales associate...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 01:15 AM   #196
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

from GCF, E90/E90 FL is not listed as a Geneva Introduction:

E93 320d
serie 1 125i

Other Geneva Motorshow introductions
The new BMW M3 Convertible
The new BMW M3 Convertible is the fourth generation of BMW’s open-topped M3 and the first M car to feature a Retractable Hard-Top. It is also the first car to feature BMW’s new seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT) as an option. Changing gear using either paddles on the steering wheel or the gear lever, the new M DCT gearbox has the next gear pre-selected in readiness and changes gear in just a few milliseconds. The M DCT-equipped car also outperforms the manual gearbox car in terms of outright performance, economy and emissions.

The new M3 Convertible’s engine develops 420hp at 8,300rpm and 400Nm of torque at 3,900rpm from its 3,999cc V8-power unit. When equipped with its standard six-speed manual gearbox, this engine powers the car from zero to 62mph in 5.3 seconds and on to an electronically-limited top speed of 155mph. However, even with these supercar levels of performance, BMW’s EfficientDynamics programme ensures that economy is not compromised with the car delivering 21.9mpg on the combined cycle.

The new BMW X6
The new BMW X6 Sports Activity Coupé is the latest in BMW’s X family of Sports Activity models. It’s also the first time that BMW has combined the safety and convenience of the command driving position with the on-road performance of a sports car, all wrapped in a coupé body style.

In another BMW first, the entire model range is turbocharged with the X6 offering a quartet of forced induction power plants. The range flagship is an all-new twin-turbocharged V8, the X6 xDrive50i, producing 408hp. The configuration of the new V8 engine is unique too. It is the first engine in the world to locate twin-turbochargers and a catalytic converter within the vee of the engine.

The V8-engined car is joined by the 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged six-cylinder petrol-engined X6 xDrive35i producing 306hp.

The X6 will also offer two turbocharged diesel-powered derivatives. The BMW X6 xDrive30d is powered by a single-turbocharged six-cylinder diesel engine featuring third-generation common-rail fuel injection and producing 235hp. The BMW X6 xDrive35d uses an award-winning twin-turbocharged six-cylinder diesel engine to produce 286hp.

BMW specification enhancements
From March, all BMW 1 Series, 3 Series and X3 models receive floor mats and front seat ISOFIX child seat fixings as standard.

Purchasers of BMW 3 Series Saloon and Touring models now also benefit from navigation and visibility value-added packages. Media Package – Business offers customers Business navigation (complete with map and arrow view), Bluetooth mobile telephone connectivity and BMW’s ConnectedDrive Assist and Online for a package price of £1,645 (£2,115 on ES). This represents a significant saving of up to £635 compared to the individual option pricing.

Media Package – Professional upgrades Business navigation with Professional navigation (complete with its widescreen format and perspective map view), and adds Voice Control, all for a package price of £1,935 (£2,405 on ES), saving up to £745.

BMW 3 Series Saloon and Touring customers can also specify the Visibility Package. Ideal for motoring in the dark winter months, the package contains Adaptive Xenon headlights, Headlight washers, Rain sensor with automatic headlight activation and BMW’s innovative High-beam assistant. Priced from £605, this package saves the customer up to £270 compared to ordering the individual options.

Buyers of twin-turbo BMW 123d and 135i models can opt for an automatic gearbox with steering wheel-mounted paddles for £1,505.

Finally, prospective owners of 1 Series cars now have a significantly wider colour choice. Jet Black, Crimson Red, Monaco Blue metallic, Bluewater metallic, and Sparkling Graphite metallic are being introduced on Convertible models at its launch. Bluewater metallic will also be available on 1 Series Coupé, 3 and 5-door Hatch models, with Tahiti Green metallic also available on the Hatch.

Source: BMW AG
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 02:42 PM   #197
neo871
Major
Romania
Rep

OMG!!!! i can't belive this!
does this mean that the e90 facelit will not be out sept '08?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 03:05 AM   #198
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo871 View Post
OMG!!!! i can't belive this!
does this mean that the e90 facelit will not be out sept '08?!?!?!
now the introduction date is only pure speculations...
in the past BMW was introducing his new model in Frankfurt/Paris and in Geneva. Now they introduce it as well in Detroit and in Tokyo so... it became more and more difficult to give a correct date.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread