E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Small problem with Procede

04-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
trickydick
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 3351 e92

Small problem with Procede

I have had the procede for a week and it is frikin unbelievable. One little problem and it has only happened twice. Under WOT I have had the engine cut back power to 50% and a symbol of an engine in yellow show up on my indicator screen. If I turn the car off and then on again, it goes away. The temp was only at 220 or so, I know it isn't overheating. I checked for error codes with the c reader and nothing come up says everything is fine. The owners manual says if that light comes up to "continue your journey, but moderate your speed and exercise due caution. Have the engine checked ASAP. Also, I have been a member on here for quite some time. I just don't want the world knowing I have the procede.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickydick View Post
I have had the procede for a week and it is frikin unbelievable. One little problem and it has only happened twice. Under WOT I have had the engine cut back power to 50% and a symbol of an engine in yellow show up on my indicator screen. If I turn the car off and then on again, it goes away. The temp was only at 220 or so, I know it isn't overheating. I checked for error codes with the c reader and nothing come up says everything is fine. The owners manual says if that light comes up to "continue your journey, but moderate your speed and exercise due caution. Have the engine checked ASAP. Also, I have been a member on here for quite some time. I just don't want the world knowing I have the procede.
Your ok. Mine is doing the same thing. You need the lower boost/ high rpm map from Shiv. Will not miss any hp. I just have not done it yet. Seemed mine did it on warmer days. If I nailed it and kept it down it went limp. Now I have adjusted and it is fine. I will do it, one day soon. Your car is fine. CONFIRM all my blah blah blah with Shiv.
      04-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
RetroGamerJP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Mine did this same thing and I traced it back to a vacuum leak. If it's leaking the car does not reach it's pre-defined boost targets and will throw the code.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp335i View Post
Mine did this same thing and I traced it back to a vacuum leak. If it's leaking the car does not reach it's pre-defined boost targets and will throw the code.
Can you post a pic of where that leak was? I looked but I had it put in for me and am now wishing I would have taken an afternoon off to do it myself.
      04-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
Insider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp335i View Post

Vacuum leak as in it has to be taken to the dealer to be fixed?
      04-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
RetroGamerJP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

In my case it was the line going to the BOV... most likely it is leaking at one of your boost solenoids on the passengers side of the engine. Visit the Vishnu website for the install instructions and go over the steps so you can be fmailiar with what vacuum lines were touched... start looking their first. If you are unable to find the leak the new MAP that shiv has with slightly lower boost targets should work.

You should not have to go to the dealer for this fix.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
Vacuum leak as in it has to be taken to the dealer to be fixed?
You can fix it yourself, if you don't want to take it to the dealership. Vacuum leak means that there is a hole somewhere in the vacuum line, similar to a boost leak.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #8
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
word.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #9
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

up.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
trickydick
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
word.

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #11
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Your ok. Mine is doing the same thing. You need the lower boost/ high rpm map from Shiv. Will not miss any hp. I just have not done it yet. Seemed mine did it on warmer days. If I nailed it and kept it down it went limp. Now I have adjusted and it is fine. I will do it, one day soon. Your car is fine. CONFIRM all my blah blah blah with Shiv.
my car has also done this a few times. which map do i need to download?

thanks
      04-15-2007, 03:39 AM   #12
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoralRedPlz View Post
my car has also done this a few times. which map do i need to download?

thanks
The map you want can be downloaded from here:
http://www.vishnutuningforum.com/for...9&postcount=23

Should take care of that problem. But first check for leaks. Especially if you are running an aftermarket blow off valve.

shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 06:40 AM   #13
CoralRedPlz
restless
Rep
Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

awesome, thanks shiv.

im pretty sure thats what it is, bc its never happened before stock, and only a few times with the procede. of those times it happened with the procede it was in fact a warmer day in florida (not sure if that should have much to do with it, but its a similar experiance to gonzo's).

ill report back to whether that fixes the problem.

thanks again.
      04-15-2007, 08:34 AM   #14
trickydick
Private
Rep

I think I found my problem. It was the 2 vaccuum lines that have to be joined together. I didn't do a very good job of attaching them to the coupler. I didn't slide the hoses as far as they would go on the coupler, figuring they would be easier to take off later. I did a couple of runs at WOT, it seems to have fixed the problem. This frikin car is a beast!!!! If you are on the fence about the procede just do it. I didn't tell my wife I bought it, I took her for a few runs and she just about shit her pants. She asked me what I did to the car. hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #15
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #16
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think I found my problem. It was the 2 vaccuum lines that have to be joined together. I didn't do a very good job of attaching them to the coupler. I didn't slide the hoses as far as they would go on the coupler, figuring they would be easier to take off later. I did a couple of runs at WOT, it seems to have fixed the problem. This frikin car is a beast!!!! If you are on the fence about the procede just do it. I didn't tell my wife I bought it, I took her for a few runs and she just about shit her pants. She asked me what I did to the car. hahahaha
You really are tricky.
      04-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #17
FKNBD808BMR
FKNBD808BMR
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36,e46,e90

Quote:
...didnt tell you wife...ha hahahaaa...
      04-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #18
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Gray BMW 335I coupe

I have also had this problem 2 times with Procede... I only received mine one week ago so I should have the most up to date map right? I hope this doesn't get worse and worse considering its only been 70-75 degrees the two times its happened and we hit 100+ regularly in the next few months.... sigh....
Anyways... I do not have the Oil cooler... do any of you having this problem have it?

... Anyways the car is AWESOME! I raced a C6 Vette and a 05 supercharged mustang yesterday and smashed them both... Cant wait to put on my new rubbers and really get some traction!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #19
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
just double check the vacuum lined that u coupled together. Make sure there are no tears or leakes. Also, if u have an aftermarket bov. make sure you plumbed the vacuum lines correctly. If that is all good, u should not throw that boost-too-low code. I suppose if you live in outlanishly high elevations, we may need to adjust the boost targets. But we have many customers in denver who have had no issue. A couple have even tested as high as 11000 ft above sealevel on the standard map. If all else fails, go ahead and upload the lower boost target map as mentioned earlier.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #20
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

No failures today. All Finicky maybe.
      04-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #21
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
No failures today. All Finicky maybe.
Nah... just borderline. If u use the map with the slightly lower boost target, it will give u a lot of headroom and u won't hit the fault again. Don't worry u won't feel any power loss.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 08:10 PM   #22
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Shiv,

Ive read that youre not a fan of aftermarket BOV's(correct me if Im wrong). You think we should stick with OEM's? Whats your official take on this?
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0