E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Recommendations needed

03-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Recommendations needed

Well, summer is nearly upon us here in Phoenix and it's getting close to the time I need to detail mine for for the 4 months of continuous sun and 100+ degrees so thought I pick the brains of the detailers here.

1) I've never used a DA polisher before and about to buy a Porter Cable, should I buy the 5" or 6"? After claying, I'm planning on using it with Klasse AIO and then Klasse SG 3x by hand, I haven't bought the AIO yet so anyone recommend anything better?

2) I need suggestions for a good air compressor so I can just air dry the car from now on but the main reason is so I can get to the crevices. It's been irritating the !@#& out of me for a while now.

The good thing is I can practice polishing on my sister's, mom's and friends' cars until I get comfortable before enough to do it for mine

TIA
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

sxyblue,

what condition is your car in?

I would recommend picking up a Griots and a few other newer type all in one products that we have had great success with.

Griot's Random Orbital Base Kit

Sonax Paint Cleaner
Sonax Polymer Net Shield
Uber Yellow Poly Clay Bar
Auto Finesse Glide Clay Lubricant

Phil
Appreciate 0