E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I was really tempted by the C63 AMG Coupé today... help!!!

View Poll Results: Have you ever considered the C63 AMG Coupé over the M3 Coupé?
Hell no!!!! M3 all the way!! 78 40.63%
Secretly.... yes (please don't kill me!) 114 59.38%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

10-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #45
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
who gives a eff if u like benz's in a bmw forum? i love my bmw. i love my previous bmw. but i still like benzs and audis and lexus too. i love most all cars. hell, i still love remembering the good ol days of hondas from the early to late 90s. 92 integra gsr is still one of my favorite cars to this day. the C63 in sedan was a beast of a car... a coworker just recently got the c63 coupe and that shit is just as beastly, but with an interior that makes the m3 interior look plain. id still pick an e92m over a c63 coupe, but that dont make the c63 inferior to me. i would still give it props if i saw one. game recognize game. dont be a fanboy and bash on cars based on a badge. theres always a bigger fish out there.
Best response ever.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #46
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by parham2652 View Post
Before you say you are this and that...
I am not. I have never owned a Mercedes and currently drive an E92 328 that I custom ordered. I love my car and BMWs. So do not give me any B.S.

Now that that is cleared up...

So I saw a Mercedes C63 AMG Coupé today and I really liked it. It looked really high class and elegant. It was black with a two tone black and red interior. I must admit, it looks much sexier in person, although the where the rear window ends looks kind of demented. The E92's rear window ends smoothly (which I personally like more).

Hard decision for future!!!! Help!!!!!!
(obviously I am not going to buy it or an M3 in the next couple years, but I am starting to actually consider a C63 over a M3. I just have to drive them one after another.)

Here's a pic, but as I said you really have to see it in person. The pic does not do the justice.

That's a pretty sexy car ^^, I saw some here in Hong Kong for FCI version, by the way, how much that car selling in your country including tax?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #47
korie83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post

Ahh yesh zee Accord coupe ish so attractive ve vill copy it.
Similarity is no more than almost every other import/luxury sport coupe.

Side profile is deceiving, these are two very different looking vehicles IMO
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #48
Roth517
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
looks alone it's like a rebadged honda accord coupe

m3 all day err day
+1
      10-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #49
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

C63 > M3 all day long no question.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #50
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Man View Post
Me too.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #51
pn_e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyJersey View Post
MB is a old mans car IMO
read this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
ur statement is true but not 100%.. it really depends on the model ur referring too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Flush View Post
So you have no intention of buying it, and this is just a post to be a post?
lol. no. My lease on my car finishes in 2 years and 4 months.
I need to decide if I am buying it at the end of the lease, getting another car in between, saving up for a high end car, etc.
I wanna set a goal and see what I should go for within reasonable range.
Obviously not a Ferrari ...yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Let's see...I'm 63 and I drive a modded E92. Guess that makes it an old man's car too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
Tops it how? One mag says its better on the track than the AMG ...next guy says M3 is less suitable for daily use. IMO the sound is not even close. Have you heard the AMG ...its unbelievable and to me thats a huge part of decision. Drive them and see. Basing a big decision like this on how a professional racer drives a car is interesting. Drive it yourself and see.
I am not a track driver, so I don't really care about little details either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozle View Post
I like the new MB C class coupe. I like the AMG c63 but the one that I really like is the AMG C63 black edition. I am going to go to my dealer to see if they have any pricing on the black edition.
I would choose a non M e92 over the non AMG c coupe any day.
The conflict arises with M3 vs C63.
The C63 is much more amazing in person than in pictures.
I cannot explain it. but at the same time I love the M3!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by korie83 View Post
I'm with OP, the new c63 AMG coupe is a thing of beauty. I've only had my 335 for a year, and i love it, but I always planned on upgrading after 3-4 years, and this car will be at the top of my list. Especially if the new M3 has a V6 triturbo or some other nonsense ( even tho I'm sure it will still be spectacular).

The AMG definately has alot going for it in the looks department, and the interior is fantastic even better than the f30 interior IMO (based on pics). And the sound of that V8 is intoxicating.

Oh and for all the "M3 is teh b3st y0!" fanbois, yea we get it, the m3 is going to be 3/10's of a second on any track any given day, blah blah. We all know the m3 is great and we all love BMW's here, but there are other great cars out there too, and it's not always about which has the best track time.

Oh but that being said I hate the look of nearly all the rest of MB cars( except the c63 sedan).

Anyone else think that sls amg gullwing thing is a horrendous atrocity of a car?
THANK YOU!!!!! I love everything you just said and wish everyone could understand that except the part you said about all Mercedes being ugly. I think most would say the new CLS (not old one... bleh) is awesome from the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
This, this, and more this.

I can't really stand the looks of the coupe, but I love the sedan. I'm trying not to fall too much in love with it, but it looks like next year's decision is going to be C63 or BOSS. The sound and feeling of a big V8 are just things I miss too much.
If the next M3 does not have a V8, I will heavily consider the C63.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiant415 View Post
it really does look like a honda accord coup from that rear quarter panel.
I know. That's really my only major complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahyoun View Post
look at all the comparisons for both, c63 is good in a straight, m3 track king. Honestly i don't think amg will ever come close to the driving feel offered by M
I am not a track driver, but I agree with you so far based on what drivers and reviews say. I wish I could have both. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
look at all of you! fucking disgust me! that benz can eat this dick thooo.
You can calm down. no need for profanity. profanity is for people who do not know enough vocabulary or who do not have enough education to clearly express their thoughts without the use of such words. you don't have to like the car or anyone on the forums, but I am just asking for opinions in a nice manner. lol

Quote:
Thats a little harsh.....
agreed!

Quote:
id rather sit in shit than be in that interior. the dash wrapping is disgusting, and the amount of chrome in there can make a man go blind. DO NOT WANT.
again, calm down. and I am sure that your statement is not true. Plus, you can black out all that chrome if you really hate it. what do you think e93 m3 owners have to do if they don't want the chrome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 87ss View Post
If you are looking for exclusive, take a look at the "edition 1," I saw a matte gray one and was in complete awe. I made the switch already and have no regrets... BMW has more electronics and creature comforts you may miss, but it is awesome.
edition 1 looks good, but I like the glossy black more for now and I want the two tone red/black interior.
as in switch, do you mean to the c63 coupe?
and what will I miss from BMW? C63 has the harman kardon.
the only thing i really hate is the nav and display on the c63. BMW's iDrive kills it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
That's a pretty sexy car ^^, I saw some here in Hong Kong for FCI version, by the way, how much that car selling in your country including tax?
msrp before tax fully loaded is about $82k-ish fully loaded on Mercedes AMG's site, but the car was listed as $91k because the car is new and demand is high supposedly. realistically, you can get it around $80k fully loaded I think before tax. so around a little less than $90k if you ask me.

Quote:

yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Man View Post
Quote:
Me too.
are you two saying for track or everyday driver?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #52
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Congrats on the car. I'll be getting the AMG Coupe next, thinking of trading my ML in for one and getting a beater SUV/Truck.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:57 PM   #53
pn_e92
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Congrats on the car. I'll be getting the AMG Coupe next, thinking of trading my ML in for one and getting a beater SUV/Truck.
lol. I don't own it. haha

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #54
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parham2652 View Post
lol. I don't own it. haha

Ah saw the garage picture, figured you owned it. What's taking so long (jking)
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #55
pn_e92
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Ah saw the garage picture, figured you owned it. What's taking so long (jking)
no. haha. this was actually at a mercedes dealership
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #56
DaveL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 335 coupe msport

Good posting dude...Feel the same way. Some folks around here wanna hang you if you dare look at a Benz, Jokers. And yes C63 is a beast...There I said it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #57
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
amg /thread
      10-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #58
pn_e92
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
Good posting dude...Feel the same way. Some folks around here wanna hang you if you dare look at a Benz, Jokers. And yes C63 is a beast...There I said it.
hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #59
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

BMW > Lambo, Ferrari, Bugatti, Porsche
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #60
dd330i
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

LOL

Quote:

don't forget this
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #61
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
id rather sit in shit than be in that interior. the dash wrapping is disgusting, and the amount of chrome in there can make a man go blind. DO NOT WANT.
Hey bro, go rip your bong and calm down.

You'd rather sit in shit than be in that interior? I don't even know how to respond to that.

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #62
pn_e92
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
BMW > Lambo, Ferrari, Bugatti, Porsche
ok. u are officially crazy. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd330i View Post
don't forget this
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
Hey bro, go rip your bong and calm down.

You'd rather sit in shit than be in that interior? I don't even know how to respond to that.
thanks for backup
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #63
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I had a simliar dilemma, I think they both look good in my garage(but it is a CLS63 AMG and my old 335i) Dont think I will be able to keep both for long though.
Benz is a nice ride, and the transmission and engine are smooth. I think they have a bit better build quality too and my last 4 cars have been BMWs.
Attached Images

10-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #64
pn_e92
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
I had a simliar dilemma, I think they both look good in my garage(but it is a CLS63 AMG and my old 335i) Dont think I will be able to keep both for long though.
Benz is a nice ride, and the transmission and engine are smooth. I think they have a bit better build quality too and my last 4 cars have been BMWs.
I'm sorry, but I really hate the old cls. it's ugly in my opinion. new one is amazing; saw a new cls63 amg on the road today... MATTE OLIVE/GOLD combo!! It's hard to describe the color, but truly beautiful. I couldn't manage to take a shot barely was able to get a close look at it.

but between what you have now, get rid of the cls63 and get yourself a proper m sport body for your 335 with upgraded tail lights. save up and get the new cls if you really like it.

that's what I would do, but then again I'm on my first BMW; I imagine you are getting bored of BMW
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #65
edwarde92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 535i

i love both them, too hard to determine!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #66
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Already have the taillights, exhaust, suspension, stage 3 software, limited slip,carbon fiber intake, etc.
my car: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...specialty-file
Dont want a "proper m sport body". Have driven 2008 M3, CLS63, my 335 and for how I drive and what I like, the M is at the bottom of that list.

I dont like the look of the new CLS, and would never buy one new. They depreciate faster than they drive. 40-50% over 2-3 years. I dont want to save up my money then flush it down the dealers toilet, but if you have the money then knock yourself out.
You asked about Mercedes C63 compared to BMW M3 and you arent getting it for 2 years? Come back and ask then, 2 years is a long time and I am pretty sure the cars will be a little different than they are now.

Last edited by Quisp; 10-27-2011 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 0