E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Coding - changed VO date MULF2 unit not shown

07-05-2016, 04:02 AM   #1
rossonza
Rep
Drives: e92 335i coupe

Angry Coding - changed VO date MULF2 unit not shown

Hi All, i managed to code USB to my car yesterday, and also found out how to change the VO date.

I changed the VO date to #0407 (car says #1206 when read from the ecu).

Now i go through the options after changing the VO, but im still only seeing MULF and not MULF2, So when i try to read MULF i get a read error.

any ideas why mulf2 is not showing when i try to find the module to code bluetooth on?

Am i missing something obvious? - see attached screenshots

thanks
Ross.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 04:49 AM   #2
rossonza
Rep

forgot to say, happy to pay someone for their time running a remote session if possible.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #3
rossonza
Rep

sorted it.

didnt need to change the VO date.

set the $64L option. which in turn enabled the Mulf2 option under PROCESS ECU. i read the mulf2 module. found that bluetooth was nichtaktiv. changed to aktiv. coded to the car. and boom...... paired phone and tested a call.

so my pre 03/07 car did not require a vo change moving from a mulf to a mulf2 high basis svs. and it only cost me £75.

next problem is. how do i enable speech control?

and also as soon as i code usb access. my aux no longer works. so i removed usb coding for now.

my understanding is the mulf2 unit has the aux capabilities rather than the current aux port plugging into my head unit.

so im trying to figure out how to enable usb. and move my aux cable from my headunit to the new mulf unit.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #4
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonza View Post
sorted it.

didnt need to change the VO date.

set the $64L option. which in turn enabled the Mulf2 option under PROCESS ECU. i read the mulf2 module. found that bluetooth was nichtaktiv. changed to aktiv. coded to the car. and boom...... paired phone and tested a call.

so my pre 03/07 car did not require a vo change moving from a mulf to a mulf2 high basis svs. and it only cost me £75.

next problem is. how do i enable speech control?

and also as soon as i code usb access. my aux no longer works. so i removed usb coding for now.

my understanding is the mulf2 unit has the aux capabilities rather than the current aux port plugging into my head unit.

so im trying to figure out how to enable usb. and move my aux cable from my headunit to the new mulf unit.
The iDrive needs to be coded.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 03:05 PM   #5
rossonza
Rep

no idrive on mine sadly
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonza View Post
no idrive on mine sadly
Code the head unit ...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 05:36 AM   #7
rossonza
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bean_Bun View Post
Code the head unit ...

so code 2rad? the headunit already has aux, it just goes silent as soon as i enable USB. i read that i need to move the aux from the headunit to the mulf2 box. are you saying i should be able to keep the aux plugged into my head unit and also then use my usb cable from the mulf2?

Cheers
Ross.
Appreciate 0