E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 2ndary resonator delete?

12-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

2ndary resonator delete?

Hey guys and gals,
Planning on doing a resonator delete tomorrow, how would this sound? Would it be toooo loud? Would it sound like a race exhaust? Will I hear the exhaust more on the higher end?(past 4k rpm) please send me your inputs thank youu. Btw I already have a muffler delete, how much louder will it be?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
kudos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

From what I've heard res delete gets the most sound other than a muffler delete. People have given mixed opinions on how much a 2nd cat actually increases sound so I'd guess not by much.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
benzo23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

Are you talking about the 2ndary cats or the resonator? 2 different things. Cause just a res delete with stock muffler i heard makes little to no difference. Im curious to know what 2nd cats and res delete with stock muffler sounds like.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
Are you talking about the 2ndary cats or the resonator? 2 different things. Cause just a res delete with stock muffler i heard makes little to no difference. Im curious to know what 2nd cats and res delete with stock muffler sounds like.
+1

Gavin@MMW does his famous CSv2 exhaust... i don't know if that has the resonators or cats though... but it's modified stock muffler.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

we do have secondary cats and resonator delete midpipe...

check it out!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586157
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Thanks everyone for your input, just got my muffler done with no res and its wayyyy better ill be posting pics in the cali section if anyone wants to see what I've done
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #7
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Thank you everyone for your inputs, I got my resonator deleted and it sounds better on the higher end. If you guys would like to see what it looks like or sounds like, ill be posting in the cali thread
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 01:59 AM   #8
Chrispy650
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI

Hmm i could've sworn I saw a youtube vid with just a res delete and i couldn't tell a difference. Then again I have a muffler delete and replaced the stock res with a vibrant res which is prob a lot louder.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #9
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy650 View Post
Hmm i could've sworn I saw a youtube vid with just a res delete and i couldn't tell a difference. Then again I have a muffler delete and replaced the stock res with a vibrant res which is prob a lot louder.
What I've noticed was you loose high end sound past 4k with the res delete, you hear it more and it sounds gorgeoussss I recommend 3 inch piping froom a Y pipe
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #10
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
Whatever the footlong Y connection goes, I don't believe that is the 2ndary cat, btw how will it sound if I delete the 2ndary cats?
Appreciate 0