E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Coding

06-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i

Coding

Hi, may I ask what exactly coding can do?
I read some threads saying that coding is kind of unlocking some hidden features that are integrated to the car, such as making the wing mirror to fold when parked? In fact, does the mirror itself has the motor to fold?

Apart from making the mods work with the car such as a LCI tail light or paddles shift to work with pre LCI model, making AE as DRL, wing mirror folding...etc
May I ask if there is any common examples in which coding can liven up our car?

Again, I know I might have asked too much and not even yet bought the car, I would still want to make use of the time now to know more about the mods so that I can plan ahead and to get ready for the mods once I have located the car that is of my interest.

I thank everyone here in advanced.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
NBTBRV8
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCi E60 530i

In a nutshell coding is "formatting" a component in to a car's configuration, think of it like installing software on a computer. As a car can have any multitude of options, coding tells each module what the car is and what features have been fitted to the car so it knows how to operate.

There are some features which can be turned on with coding, but that was mostly in the earlier mid 2000s generation cars. In the present day cars most of these features have been incorporated in to the iDrive so the end user can turn them on and off. So for today coding is back to installing components again largely.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
HecticX5
FULLY!
Australia
Rep
Drives: CLA 45 AMG

This is the best part to owning a bimmer, coding! Talk to the guys at Extreme Coding Solutions as they had turned my old 335 and now my current X5 to transformers. For example if you click on the hazard light button on and off three times people will think you are a moron, successful coding I say. Talk to Paully and Habib and they'll get you started uleh.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticX5 View Post
This is the best part to owning a bimmer, coding! Talk to the guys at Extreme Coding Solutions as they had turned my old 335 and now my current X5 to transformers. For example if you click on the hazard light button on and off three times people will think you are a moron, successful coding I say. Talk to Paully and Habib and they'll get you started uleh.

Dont be lazy bro, use search button......or google. 99% of your threads has been answered before.

Read BMW coding section.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 03:48 AM   #5
recce
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i & 335i

Couldnt find the contact number for Extreme Coding Solutions........anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticX5 View Post
      10-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #6
HecticX5
FULLY!
Australia
Rep
Drives: CLA 45 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce View Post
Couldnt find the contact number for Extreme Coding Solutions........anyone?
I think they just changed there business name recently to Extreme Coding 4 Newbies. I can give you Habib's number if you want, just don't fall for his coding package deals he pushes. He tried to package in a 'kebab with the lot' with my need for automatically opening mirrors. It was an overpriced kebab as well.
Appreciate 0