E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vishnu?

Closed Thread

02-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #23
TenshiWingusu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully_Bolted View Post
ETS tuning solution will be nothing special. Your best bet is Cobb. I use it and love it.
Why wont it be special? Can't it write to all the tables in the DME? That seems like a pretty powerful tool to someone who knows how to use it. Way better than a piggyback no? maybe i'm wrong though..
      02-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #24
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Completely understand. Lack of activity and consistent customer service complaints, don't make me feel comfortable shipping my ecu to them for the fueling flash. Been a vishnu customer since early 2007 and been asking for an at home flash solution for a while. Only option seems to be to switch to JB4 G5 board, add in a cobb, and then I can flash at home. Looking like a spring project but hate to spend the conversion $ when I have already given Vishnu so many $ over the years.

The only people that seem happy are the ones that are local or within decent driving range.
I'm in the same place as you, I'm contemplating making the switch to JB but being I already have the flash and meth kit, I feel like I'd be getting bent over price wise. I guess the best I can do is to voice my displeasure with vishnu to make sure they don't get future customers based on their current business model.

Pretty sad, how does a company do a complete 180, not customer service wise but just technically and not come out with an update in half a year almost.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #25
Fully_Bolted
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenshiWingusu
Quote:
ETS tuning solution will be nothing special. Your best bet is Cobb. I use it and love it.
Why wont it be special? Can't it write to all the tables in the DME? That seems like a pretty powerful tool to someone who knows how to use it. Way better than a piggyback no? maybe i'm wrong though..
There is numerous flash tunes that can write to all the tables within the DME. The limitations come from understanding how they all correlate and being able to overcome hurdles in the DME logic. Cobb is the only N54 tune I am aware of that actually writes code to change logic within the DME. The tables Cobb has made available in ATR/ATP are only a fraction of what they can read. Also keep in mind that ATR is currently free, I suspect the paying version will be much more robust and in depth whenever they decide to release it.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #26
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

I have to laugh because the candy store has run dry now everyone just throws in the towel. I won't make excuses for Shiv and his business, but I do know he has been busy with projects. Everyone want's the latest beta, WHY? You have the platform to tune your car, go pull logs and play around with boost, timing and pull a few more whp out of your existing tune. I just tuned my buddies N55 and it's stupid quick now. So people just need to get off their asses. If Shiv spent all his time babysitting the people who bitch on this forum all the time he wouldn't get anything done. You have a real issue, post it. There are a lot of people here that can help. Unfortunately you have to put up with all the haters who will take the time to blast a thread as if they have something important to say. If you don't like something, change it. Otherwise all I can say is shut the hell up because stupid threads like this don't do anything for our community.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #27
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
There is numerous flash tunes that can write to all the tables within the DME. The limitations come from understanding how they all correlate and being able to overcome hurdles in the DME logic. Cobb is the only N54 tune I am aware of that actually writes code to change logic within the DME. The tables Cobb has made available in ATR/ATP are only a fraction of what they can read. Also keep in mind that ATR is currently free, I suspect the paying version will be much more robust and in depth whenever they decide to release it.
The point is that with the flash he asked about they can modify all the tables. With Cobb it doesn't help if someone else, read Cobb, has the tables available, but you don't.

If you know Cobb, it would be useful to share more experience and info with the community, so that people would benefit more of ATR. In my opinion Cobb has been a bit of disappointment, since the community hasn't gone for it and the tuning know how remains low.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #28
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
Poland
Rep
Drives: 10 335i 21 740li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
I have to laugh because the candy store has run dry now everyone just throws in the towel. I won't make excuses for Shiv and his business, but I do know he has been busy with projects. Everyone want's the latest beta, WHY? You have the platform to tune your car, go pull logs and play around with boost, timing and pull a few more whp out of your existing tune. I just tuned my buddies N55 and it's stupid quick now. So people just need to get off their asses. If Shiv spent all his time babysitting the people who bitch on this forum all the time he wouldn't get anything done. You have a real issue, post it. There are a lot of people here that can help. Unfortunately you have to put up with all the haters who will take the time to blast a thread as if they have something important to say. If you don't like something, change it. Otherwise all I can say is shut the hell up because stupid threads like this don't do anything for our community.
exactly

if people though that this platform was going to get infinite upgradeability for an infinite time table they were this thing called delusional.

seriously, theres not a ton left, so whats the bitching for? we have all the resources we could want.
      02-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #29
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Quote:
Everyone want's the latest beta, WHY?
If only we had an aggressive map that WASN'T Beta by now. We've been promised production maps and a slew of features for months if not years. like mentioned earlier, there are people out there still waiting for steering wheel controls.

*edit* I know we can custom tune our cars with the procede software and adjust everything we need to, it works fine.
But there are a lot of people out there who want to plug in the tune, set it and forget about it (which is a very marketed feature of the procede). Those people are in most need of good customer service and update support, which I believe, considering the price of the procede, should be second to none.

Last edited by Transport3r; 02-10-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #30
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
The difference is when you pay hundreds for a tune you expect it to work properly. No custom running necessary on the other two major options
      02-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #31
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
Quote:
The difference is when you pay hundreds for a tune you expect it to work properly. No custom running necessary on the other two major options
Out of the box mine runs well. Take it for a dyno tune if your this concerned. You own a 50k car, pay to play.
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #32
F80M
Major
Rep
Drives: M Fap

Thread like this gonna make Vishnu fanboi cry...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #33
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

I never agreed with the single turbo upgrade in the first place. The beauty of a twin turbo or twin scroll vehicle is the response and lack of turbo lag. Rob Beck or Vargas stage 2 all day, everyday. Plus add in the G5 and it is a beautiful thing. I think we have all seen the video of the two vehicles going down the track, the one with the single turbo made so much power it could not even get down the track. While the one with RB's made the low 11 second, 128mph pass. Just seems like a waste of money when you can accmoplish the same thing for a lot less and still have a daily driver.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #34
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
I can't wait to see the comparison between the Vargas Stage 3 and Vishnu Single. Going to be like candy!!!

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #35
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Quote:
We pretty much have one map, that is ridiculous for all the fueling options that are now available. I know you have the flex-fuel setup but most of us don't know the details of this since it wasn't followed through with much from vishnu.

So lets think of the logical fueling options that can be used.

1.) 93 no meth
2.) 93 with meth
3.) 93 with e85 no meth
4.) 93 with e85 with meth

Instead we have
1.) 93
2.) meth

This is something that vishnu was suppose to address and him selling the flex fuel attachment is ridiculous. If you fill your car up with 50% e85 regardless if it good 80% e85 or crappy 60% e85, you still are going to be able to max out ignition advance and boost regardless of how pure the e85 is.

We need more maps with the new fueling options now available. You have to know agree with that.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #36
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

Definitely not the same customer service as BMS
      02-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #37
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Got destroyed by Cobb and bms in both value and features, then made poor sales #s on the single turbo?

Maybe just cutting their losses? I'm sure they're still around to take some new orders.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #38
Stage 2 Drew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: an SRT4 that beats ur 335 :-)

If he's smart....which he is, he should be working on developing and tuning the new FRS and BRZ.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #39
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI
I never agreed with the single turbo upgrade in the first place. The beauty of a twin turbo or twin scroll vehicle is the response and lack of turbo lag. Rob Beck or Vargas stage 2 all day, everyday. Plus add in the G5 and it is a beautiful thing. I think we have all seen the video of the two vehicles going down the track, the one with the single turbo made so much power it could not even get down the track. While the one with RB's made the low 11 second, 128mph pass. Just seems like a waste of money when you can accmoplish the same thing for a lot less and still have a daily driver.
So you can accomplish 660whp with RBs and Vargas stage 2? No. If you can't put down the horsepower, pay for suspension bits and fenders and tires that will allow you to. It's a joke to say that the single turbo conversion is pointless, you are basically telling us that you can't control the car that has 140+more whp than current RBs are putting down. Pay to play you know the saying.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #40
Fully_Bolted
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage 2 Drew
If he's smart....which he is, he should be working on developing and tuning the new FRS and BRZ.
His shady business practices only allow him to stay in a market for a limited time. Lets not bring up the race fuel bladder fiasco again.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #41
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

So much hate on Shiv! No more updates from him while he goes quiet causes a large scene on e90post! Remember the good old days when his silence meant he was up to something for this platform. You guys all make it seem like he doesn't care about this platform, just wait a little bit and something new will be brought to the table. Until then I guess you could keep bashing shiv and Vishnu, it's a little fun to watch

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #42
SassyMcSass
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
So much hate on Shiv! No more updates from him while he goes quiet causes a large scene on e90post! Remember the good old days when his silence meant he was up to something for this platform. You guys all make it seem like he doesn't care about this platform, just wait a little bit and something new will be brought to the table. Until then I guess you could keep bashing shiv and Vishnu, it's a little fun to watch
I didn't start this thread to bash him. I'm legitimately wondering where he went. Is he dead? Is he banned? Is he chained to a bed in a Mexican prison? He was all hot and bothered to talk about his fuel upgrades and then months pass with not even so much as a reply to his own thread. It's very odd. I was not aware customers were waiting for promised software updates and things of that nature. They just seem to be chiming in here out of general frustration.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #43
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Quote:
Maybe instead of something new he should just deliver what is necessary & promised on what is out there now.

As for 600+ horsepower the only one so far that has shown any actual off the dyno performance is his own car. I could be wrong but so far none of the ST customer cars AFAIK have equalled the RB #'s of 11.1X129mph with a slipping second gear requiring the launch boost to be backed down.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #44
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMcSass
Quote:
I didn't start this thread to bash him. I'm legitimately wondering where he went. Is he dead? Is he banned? Is he chained to a bed in a Mexican prison? He was all hot and bothered to talk about his fuel upgrades and then months pass with not even so much as a reply to his own thread. It's very odd. I was not aware customers were waiting for promised software updates and things of that nature. They just seem to be chiming in here out of general frustration.
I agree with your statement of people posting out of general frustration. A lot of people have known shiv since before this platform and have had negative opinions of him from the get go, so every time there is a thread of Vishnu of some sort they feel the need to troll. I can understand personal opinions but they can be left out of every thread.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread