E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > WTF Sprint booster

05-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
SuckMy_Nick
Red Liner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i XDrive

Okay, so I bought my sprint booster for my 07 e92 328xi auto yesterday from Turner. I went to install it today and here's the out come.

The instructions are scribbles of nonsense that are universal for all cars and explain nothing, leaving you to figure out assembly on your own. Plugging it in is self explanatory but everyone has a different foot pedal set up, but you're left on your own to figure out how to take It off.

After getting your pedal off and disconnecting the OEM wiring from the pedal (which comes out a little over an inch from the carpet to plug in) you have to take this large wire with what I refer to as a "small house" attached to it, and try to figure out where the hell to put it after connecting.

There is no where in between the pedal and carpet that this can fit with out getting in the way of the pedal clearance (unless you want to do some modifications which I don't plan on doing)

So what I was told should take "5 minutes" took me an hour to try and figure out what the hell to do with the "small house" attached to this wire... I ended up removing it and plugging the pedal back into the OEM harness.

If any one has any idea where to put the excess wiring and the freaking house attached to it after install, please lmk.

*I refer to part of the SB as a "small house" for the simple reason it's small but huge for the area it needs to be in, incase anyone didn't understand my humor*

Update:
I ended up cutting a little slit in my rug to give the wire more room to move.. The part I was having trouble with wasn't the extra wiring, it was the connector that plugs into the OEM Wiring. It's a small square.

Drove with it and has an extremely noticeable difference.
      05-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckMy_Nick View Post
Okay, so I bought my sprint booster for my 07 e92 328xi auto yesterday from Turner. I went to install it today and here's the out come.

The instructions are scribbles of nonsense that are universal for all cars and explain nothing, leaving you to figure out assembly on your own. Plugging it in is self explanatory but everyone has a different foot pedal set up, but you're left on your own to figure out how to take It off.

After getting your pedal off and disconnecting the OEM wiring from the pedal (which comes out a little over an inch from the carpet to plug in) you have to take this large wire with what I refer to as a "small house" attached to it, and try to figure out where the hell to put it after connecting.

There is no where in between the pedal and carpet that this can fit with out getting in the way of the pedal clearance (unless you want to do some modifications which I don't plan on doing)

So what I was told should take "5 minutes" took me an hour to try and figure out what the hell to do with the "small house" attached to this wire... I ended up removing it and plugging the pedal back into the OEM harness.

If any one has any idea where to put the excess wiring and the freaking house attached to it after install, please lmk.

*I refer to part of the SB as a "small house" for the simple reason it's small but huge for the area it needs to be in, incase anyone didn't understand my humor*
why are you installing SB w/AA St2 ?? I don't get it ...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Bavarian Black
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 335i MS

I think posted this before...the sprint booster is a very good product ESP with DS on. However if your havin issues with the extra wiring just stick it under the rigjt side of the gear box plastic. That's what I've done. Like I said bf, I ONLY use it when dragging. Apart from that I keep it off but it is a hell of a lot of fun with DS mode on and having it in red....woooosh. Just stick the extra wiring under the plastic covering bro.

Also remember it does use more petrol so use it only wheb needed. A finally I prefer the green mode with DS on and DSC limited. Lots of fun.

I'm on my iPhone so i can't see ur set up, AA S2?

BB
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
RK_Bimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 xDrive 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
why are you installing SB w/AA St2 ?? I don't get it ...
+1

I had the BMS before (and still installed - just not used), but the AA tune pretty much eliminated the throttle lag.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
shamu2789
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 '07

I think bimmian dot com has a video demonstrating the entire install. That might help. Good luck either way.
      05-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
SuckMy_Nick
Red Liner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i XDrive

Thanks for the input everyone and I have the stage 2 AA yes and it's not the wiring, it's the part that plugs into the OEM wiring the comes out of the carpet

AA stage 2 doesn't eliminate the throttle response problem, but it makes it Alot Better
      05-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
sohcpunk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Sprint booster is awesome. I love it. Just tuck the wires and install the pedal. Should be fine. I did it myself and instructions were not bad.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Should have just got a power box. After all, its just a glorified sprint booster
Appreciate 0