E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Any Upholsterers

11-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #1
alzieboy
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E350 CDi Coupe

Any Upholsterers

Any Upholsterers here !. just had a couple of guys round to give me a quote to re pad a couple of FIXED cushion leather armchairs, the cushions seats have sunk and are uncomfortable now to sit in, They reckon its a big job to do , Hence the quote of £400 (CASH) for both armchairs !! . I dont expect any tradesmen to work for nothing (Plumbing/Heating Myself) but this sounded a bit much. Was thinking about having a go at it myself

Last edited by alzieboy; 11-17-2012 at 03:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
lemonukas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzieboy
Any Upholsterers here !. just had a couple of guys round to give me a quote to re pad a couple of FIXED cushion leather armchairs, the cushions seats have sunk and are uncomfortable now to sit in, They reckon its a big job to do , Hence the quote of 400 (CASH) for both armchairs !! . I dont expect any tradesmen to work for nothing (Plumbing/Heating Myself) but this sounded a bit much. Was thinking about having a go at it myself
Can you send a picture of your armchairs. Maybe is not that hard to do it. I'm working with a furniture at hotel and sometimes hotel sending our furniture away to upholstery companies and the price the guys quote you is reasonable.
The problem with a furniture is that they stapled with a 1000 staples and need to remove them.
Like as I said maybe is not that bad..
Give a try your self. Should be good experience for you self
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Report said tradesmen to HMRC.....cash
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
alzieboy
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E350 CDi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
Report said tradesmen to HMRC.....cash

Perhaps put them in the village stocks, insert their tax returns up their bottoms and set fire to it

Or perhaps my local MP could claim it all back for me after I service his boiler CASH only of course
Appreciate 0