E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > 4 cars keyed

04-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #23
ihpj
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
ihpj, apologies, I didn't mean to come across as completely ignorant and anti police, I am not...
Nuff said on that methinks - but I appreciate you saying so!

Quote:
I just feel the frustration for the effected parties here, damage has been done and it is a convoluted process to achieve any kind of redress. The 'system' maybe too lenient in cases like this.
And that's why I made my suggestion. What is I that one wants to achieve? You can bet that in a criminal court if a compensation order is made it is unlikely be enforced. And no criminal court will order forfieture and siezure of personal assets to pay compensation (except for very serious crimes and under very narrow legal guidance) as they simply do not have the power to do so. So you go through all that hassle of involving the police and criminal justice system - and for what? Your car is still broken and you are going to be out of pocket; so I ask again what have you achieved?

By going through the civil courts it s a faster and more efficient process. As you are still using the small claims procedure (<£5k) it's a cost effective and simple process with strict timelines at each stage. In this situation, if I had all the details I would be looking to take out a civil case against the offender as I would want to limit my costs in fixing my motor.

It makes little odds t the Police as it's your car that's broken, it's you who will have to pay to have it fixed, it's you who will have to take time out and give statements and go to court - so what do you get of this process? I hope people see my civil court suggestion as practical and effective than the traditional 'report it to the Police' route. At the end of the day, your call but I would want money over justice.

Last edited by ihpj; 04-25-2011 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
I would want both justice and financial recompense.

This guy should be charged as he has caused criminal damage and there are a number of independent witnesses.

A civil prosecution could also be launched to address the financial loss.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #25
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Ah, a scenario I CAN help with

Not having much luck at the mo Gav eh?

Here is ONE alternative scenario which noone seems to have suggested... Can't he just be asked to pay for the repairs?

He is prob sat at home A) shitting it about the law (assuming he is a normal person, like us, then he probably doesn't relish the idea like some chav scumbag would) and B) so ashamed he probably doesn't even know how to begin putting it right.

Granted, he might not give the slightest fuck. But if he does and for a couple of grand it can all be put right, then just maybe he will be down with fixing it.

Matt
Cheers Matt. No, not really having the best of times! Your suggestion is one that we had actually tried today, although Ali insisted on going round with the female driver of one of the other cars, reckoning that he might be more reasonable with them. As it turns out a neighbour said that he stays over elsewhere during the week and had already left, so they couldn't get to talk to him. He's not really a decent sort of a guy though, so they probably wouldn't have got anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihpj View Post
If you know who did it, and have the details of the lads as witnesses - then why not issue a small claims summons against the person responsible for the damage?

You have reported the matter to the Police, who will investigate and act according to criminal law and procedures - admittedly this case may not meet the criminal thresholds - but on a civil footing, you have all the details, summons him to Court yourself and get a judgement against him if he fails to pay.

Anytime I am involved in such cases, thats the advice I give to folk - there is nothing stopping you from also getting copies of the Police investigation etc. (especially if they have interviewed the offender) and use it as part of your case. Fiolk tend to forget just not everything criminal should be made the responsibility of the Police as the civil remedy might be quicker, fairer and down right approriate.
Thanks for the advice. One of the car owners is a solicitor and had already suggested a civil case. However, we were so incensed last night that we thought that calling the police was the correct thing to do and we needed a crime number for insurance purposes, particularly as one vehicle is a company car. As it turns out the police have not been around today to see him, but I do feel that he at least needs a visit, just to make it clear that he can't go around doing this type of thing with impunity and breeze along as if nothing has happened. He was particularly brutal with our daughter's car, which says a lot about the kind of lowlife he is...to damage a teenager's first car when he's known her for 11 years. Can't begin to understand his motivation.

Quote:
I just feel the frustration for the effected parties here, damage has been done and it is a convoluted process to achieve any kind of redress.
Cheers Peter. As you can imagine we are frustrated, angry, upset and incredulous at the moment. What makes it so bad is that the guy is a neighbour who we've never had an issue with, who we've chatted to in passing, seen in the pub a few times. Such a cowardly, underhand and unpleasant way to conduct yourself.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #26
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Slash the tyres on the mobility scooter. It'll make you feel better.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #27
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

You've not had good luck recently with motors?

I can't believe that a neighbour who you know well could do this! A stranger. Lowlife scum etc. All the usual rage. but someone whom you know fairly well and get along with fine? This makes it 100x worse.

Personally I'd have all 4 sets of car owners at his house just to put the fear into him. Don't touch him. Just freak him out.

He aught to from now on be a stranger in his own street. At the very least EVERY neighbour in the road should know what he's life. And he should live a lonely and fearful existance - or move house.

Shocking - and he deserves to atleast fear retribution even if none is forthcoming.

Just my opinion.
      04-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #28
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
What a twat. Amazed at your self control mate - don't think I could do it. Have the cops said it was definately him?
      04-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #29
FieldingMellish
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M Sport auto

Quote:
Sounds like the police interviewed them etc, so chances are that story would have come unstuck if it was duff.

Matt
Ah right, I missed that detail. So probably they are on the level.

Your suggestion that the guy is probably shitting himself and would welcome a financial way out (rather than a severe kicking and/or a prosecution) is a good one.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 03:36 AM   #30
FieldingMellish
Captain
Rep

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 04:57 AM   #31
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post
Ah right, I missed that detail. So probably they are on the level.

Your suggestion that the guy is probably shitting himself and would welcome a financial way out (rather than a severe kicking and/or a prosecution) is a good one.
Hard to remain level headed for Gav I suppose. I usually do in person, believe it or not....

The problem is only ever when people are agressive to me, I find it very tough to remain calm under those circumstances.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 05:18 AM   #32
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + MK6 Golf R

Sorry to hear this and not sticking up for your neighbour as there is no excuse for damaging other peoples processions but I would think if he has trouble getting he’s wife’s mobility scooter past cars parked on the pavement he acted stupidly by taking he’s anger out doing criminal damage.
Hope you get some form of compensation but not knowing your neighbourhood and how busy the roads are spare a thought for his wife who might not like spending her journey’s home in the middle of the road so perhaps between all the residents you can work out some way that the pavement is clear for her to use perhaps the neighbours on the opposite side of the road could mount the pavement (although I think it is actually an offence to park on the Pavement yet she can be pissed in charge of a mobility scooter endanger other pavement users and not be committing an offence)
      04-26-2011, 05:21 AM   #33
FieldingMellish
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hard to remain level headed for Gav I suppose. I usually do in person, believe it or not....

The problem is only ever when people are agressive to me, I find it very tough to remain calm under those circumstances.

Matt
Heh. As do I! But I think, with the advancing years, I am getting better. Plus violence is seldom a satisfactory solution, no matter how tempting it may seem at first.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #34
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
Sorry to hear this and not sticking up for your neighbour as there is no excuse for damaging other peoples processions but I would think if he has trouble getting he’s wife’s mobility scooter past cars parked on the pavement he acted stupidly by taking he’s anger out doing criminal damage.
Hope you get some form of compensation but not knowing your neighbourhood and how busy the roads are spare a thought for his wife who might not like spending her journey’s home in the middle of the road so perhaps between all the residents you can work out some way that the pavement is clear for her to use perhaps the neighbours on the opposite side of the road could mount the pavement (although I think it is actually an offence to park on the Pavement yet she can be pissed in charge of a mobility scooter endanger other pavement users and not be committing an offence)

A reasonable and sensible comment. The guy has had ample opportunity to speak with any neighbour to voice concern about access for the scooter. Hasn't bothered. They have always wandered down the road rather than path even when she was more mobile...and always wandered up totally rat faced. Apparently he has often boasted that he will key cars that are "in his f***ing way"...visitors have no option but to park part on the path. Totally unwarranted attack. All he had to do was talk to people. Anyway, enjoying a few days away with the wife in Bath now so we will see what happens on our return.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 04:55 AM   #35
Real Thing
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + MK6 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
A reasonable and sensible comment. The guy has had ample opportunity to speak with any neighbour to voice concern about access for the scooter. Hasn't bothered. They have always wandered down the road rather than path even when she was more mobile...and always wandered up totally rat faced. Apparently he has often boasted that he will key cars that are "in his f***ing way"...visitors have no option but to park part on the path. Totally unwarranted attack. All he had to do was talk to people. Anyway, enjoying a few days away with the wife in Bath now so we will see what happens on our return.
As I said don't know your neighbourhood or circumstances so after hearing that think I would be like most of the other comments and want to baseball bat the bas@*<t hope you get a satisfactory outcome
      04-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #36
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

The obvious answer appears to be....

Regards
Matt
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 05:40 AM   #37
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Sorry to hear of this vandalism. Makes your heart sink. I had it happened to me when I was 18 when I had a much loved XR2i at the time. I knew the wanker who did it and he did it out of spite.

I also had my 335d kicked in the rear quarter whilst in my car stationary. Luckily no damage.

Jealous lil' fucks.
      04-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #38
Scoot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 992 C2s Crayon / Golf R 7.5

Do you have any idea how he feels since he caused the damage? Does he still go past all the neighbours to the pub or is he hiding in his house?

Why don't all the neighbours and yourself go around to his house and nice and calmly tell him that you want him to pay for the damage or you will have no option but to go to court?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #39
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Build a big cross and crucify him on it outside his house.
      04-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #40
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
It's 2011 Will, not 1811!
      04-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #41
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
It's 2011 Will, not 1811!
You didn't get cars keyed in 1811 though did you?
      04-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #42
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
LOL...Will, u make me laugh mate....
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 03:49 AM   #43
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Well it would be appropriate for the time of year! Tempting...

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #44
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Police

Exactly were do they stand on the subject, ie what advice or action have they taken ??

I am guessing no fucking help ,

What are you supposed to do to protect/look after your property.

Have you spoken to your insurance company and suggested they act on your behalf ie prosecute the c--- to recover the costs and damage

I can understand both sides off this , but a polite notice stuck on the cars explaining his frustration at not being able to get his disabled scooter home would suffice.

If you heard his version off the event it would go ,The selfish fuckers park all over the path ,I am sick off the arseholes and lost it ,what would you have done its gone on for years ,I am sorry but its a joke how am i supposed to get my disabled partner home ,up the middle off the road and get killed by some loon in a car.

I have to deal with these arguments all day , both will belive they are in the right

I would push the police to prosecute the arsehole as what he did was way OTT.

I belive if you push enough they will act and explain you pay there wages and they are public servants ,Take each officers numbers etc ,These lazy wankers are half off all the problems ,

Hope you get a satisfactory outcome and dont let it drop as thats what the police will want as they are lazy fuckers .
Appreciate 0