E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Just installed Cobb AP - only hitting 6 psi with FBO - 2 codes

01-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Tronner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Just installed Cobb AP - only hitting 6 psi with FBO - 2 codes

I took off my Procede yesterday to try out the Cobb Accessport. The shop installed a new condenser because my oil cooler had been installed incorrectly before I got the car which poked a hole in it, and a new set of Forge DV's. I have a 2008 335xi coupe AT with AFE intake, AMS front mount, AR catless DP's, Forge DV's, and stock rear section. I'm in Denver (5200' elevation).

Running Stage 2 with FMIC Sport map, I keep throwing the following codes. Car feels very sluggish under WOT and throws the codes every couple of pulls.
P2aaf - Fuel Pump Plausibility
P30ff - Low boost pressure

With the Procede, I was having some issues with stumbles between shifts, but the car built boost fine (up to 15 psi at least) and seemed to be holding boost fine - maybe a slight drop at higher boost levels hence the new Forge DV's. I just drove around for a few minutes and pulled the vacuum line by the intake when I shut the car off and there was a pretty solid "whoosh" which is one sign that it's holding reasonable vacuum. I will still look for boost leaks and maybe do a leak test, but it's confusing because it was building boost so easily the day before.

I have a couple of logs but unsure how to post them. Saw a link in another post but it doesn't seem to be working.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
Fully_Bolted
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Sounds like you have a boost leak.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

When the shop installed the condensor it's possible they had to remove/adjust the FMIC to get to it. I would start by checking the FMIC connections.
      01-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 AW E9X M

Yup there is a boost leak somewhere. Go over all your vacuum lines.
Appreciate 0