E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > BMW 269 Performance 19" Alloys & Tyres - SOLD

06-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #23
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Keep your eye on ebay.

Quite a few brand new sets have come up for £1400-1600 with tyres.

Someone on here bought them and decided against using them a few months back.

These are the ones from on here. I'm sure the seller sold them on for what he paid without profiteering.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Perfor...#ht_500wt_1156

Last edited by Kerr; 06-26-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 02:15 AM   #24
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by q_jonblaze View Post
errrmmm...i dont see the problem here?

1.OP has wheels for sale
2.1st person in with legitimate claim buys said wheels
3.buyer decides he wants to sell em....

this is just the way life is...do you know what predicament might have befallen the buyer for him to sell?

better yet, he owns them now and so can do whatever he likes with them (including reselling them).

if the OP could or wanted to sell in on any site for more money, they could have. he picked a price and stuck to it. and got his money. case closed.

the OP is no longer the owner and even though it may not be very nice that the buyer would offer it to another forum member with a markup, its on EBAY...

let it be, simple as...
I disagree: nicking them from under the nose of a fellow forum member who has a genuine interest in them, only to immediately try to resell them for a quick profit is very bad form and not in the spirit of an enthusiasts community like E90Post.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #25
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93

as i have said above, none of you people on here manage anyone elses finances but YOURS....if the seller has decided to sell on, its his business .....if he was selling to a forum member however i would be dissappointed and im sure it would be pointed out by previous potential buyers that the price had been changed and so on.

hes selling it somewhere else for whatever reason he might have...

im sure there have been a few vehicle trader on here who may have bough other members cars and sold on ....so and so... would you hold them up too???!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 02:57 AM   #26
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
MMMM.

This does cut a little close for me.

I've always been of the opinion that forums are where enthusiasts are here for the benefit of each other.

We help each other out and we don't rip each other off.

Profiteering at the expense of a fellow forum member I think is in bad taste.
Originally Posted by q_jonblaze View Post
errrmmm...i dont see the problem here?

1.OP has wheels for sale
2.1st person in with legitimate claim buys said wheels
3.buyer decides he wants to sell em....

this is just the way life is...do you know what predicament might have befallen the buyer for him to sell?

better yet, he owns them now and so can do whatever he likes with them (including reselling them).

if the OP could or wanted to sell in on any site for more money, they could have. he picked a price and stuck to it. and got his money. case closed.

the OP is no longer the owner and even though it may not be very nice that the buyer would offer it to another forum member with a markup, its on EBAY...

let it be, simple as...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
shane732
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i M-Sport

Jesus hard to believe that a regular poster would do something like that to another regular poster.

Everyone knows that Matt is looking for a set of 269's. Even I know and I'm only new here!

Even if you look at this thread Matt actually got in first on them but due to a misunderstanding they were sold to Chris. That would be acceptable if both parties actually wanted the wheels.

Chris how about you do the right thing and offer them to Matt at the price you paid for them? Is it really worth pis*ing people off for the sake of a few hundred quid?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #28
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Did this get sorted in the end?