E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Parrot Mki9100

03-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #45
Camembert
France
Rep
Drives: 320D E90 Confort

Pi090020aa ?

Hello Hrato,

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question. I currently have a MKi9100 with a SOT 976 and no problem, no alarm.

May I ask you something? Could you confirm that your unika device is this model : PI090020AA ?

I've just found a seller who have this model. I wonder if I can connect this to my current SOT 976 connector.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #46
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Strange but not strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrato View Post
Hello.
This is an old post, but i tough about try it anyway.
I have installed a Parrot Mki9100 plus Unika steering wheel adapter for BMW.
All installed with a Audio2Car harness.
All works ok, except for the fact that when the car goes to sleep, upon unlocking, one alarm comes up on car dash ( car being lifted up ), for about 3 seconds, and it disappears.
I have tried to have just the Parrot without the Unika, and the alarm goes away.
My car BMW e90, NO NAVI, with Professional CD.
As anyone had something like this, or knows what can cause this type of alarm?
Thanks.
Hey, i had the mki 9100 plus unika professionally intalled, on day 1 after installation had some weird service lights. They went away on their own.

I believe thats a normal service indicator you are seeing, consult the manual. It tells how many miles left until next service.

Last edited by rogerdiaz; 03-16-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #47
Hrato
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camembert
Hello Hrato,

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question. I currently have a MKi9100 with a SOT 976 and no problem, no alarm.

May I ask you something? Could you confirm that your unika device is this model : PI090020AA ?

I've just found a seller who have this model. I wonder if I can connect this to my current SOT 976 connector.
HI.
Sorry for delay, but had to open car dash to java a look.
My Unika number is
P1090020AB
I used a AUDIO2CAR harness, which was plug n play.
Everything works ok, except for that alarm that comes for 2 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #48
Hrato
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdiaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrato View Post
Hello.
This is an old post, but i tough about try it anyway.
I have installed a Parrot Mki9100 plus Unika steering wheel adapter for BMW.
All installed with a Audio2Car harness.
All works ok, except for the fact that when the car goes to sleep, upon unlocking, one alarm comes up on car dash ( car being lifted up ), for about 3 seconds, and it disappears.
I have tried to have just the Parrot without the Unika, and the alarm goes away.
My car BMW e90, NO NAVI, with Professional CD.
As anyone had something like this, or knows what can cause this type of alarm?
Thanks.
Hey, i had the mki 9100 plus unika professionally intalled, on day 1 after installation had some weird service lights. They went away on their own.

I believe thats a normal service indicator you are seeing, consult the manual. It tells how many miles left until next service.
Hi.
But when I check my cars service interval, it still shoes long way to next service. And if I disconnect parrot and Unika, alarm goes away.
Can't really see what is wrong here.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #49
absolutezero
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

In this setup (sending Parrot through AUX, but phone through new speaker), does A2DP audio act like a phone call, or does it go over the AUX line?

thanks for a great write-up
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #50
absolutezero
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

One other question. If you are using the steering wheel controls and adjust volume, does it adjust the actual BMW head unit volume, or does it adjust the parrot's output?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #51
amilo123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318i

Hello,

I have an 2008 BMW e90 with base audio, business cd, and today I ordered the parrot MKi 9100, and I don't know exactly how should I install it. I found this adapter is it ok for my car?

Also I don't know how should I connect it to the car. Should I use AUX, or directly to the speakers. I am asking this because I will also upgrade the sound sistem, with an amplifier and new speakers all around, and I want the best sound quality.

So I am thinking that connecting the parrot to the speakers would be better, because I read that the business CD doesn't exactly output the best sound.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #52
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo123 View Post
Hello,

I have an 2008 BMW e90 with base audio, business cd, and today I ordered the parrot MKi 9100, and I don't know exactly how should I install it. I found this adapter is it ok for my car?

Also I don't know how should I connect it to the car. Should I use AUX, or directly to the speakers. I am asking this because I will also upgrade the sound sistem, with an amplifier and new speakers all around, and I want the best sound quality.

So I am thinking that connecting the parrot to the speakers would be better, because I read that the business CD doesn't exactly output the best sound.

Thank you!
http://www.justcarkits.co.uk/

I purchased bmwunikae6090fullaux kit.

It was professionally installed 2011. I also had base sound oem system. No issues.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #53
amilo123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdiaz View Post
http://www.justcarkits.co.uk/

I purchased bmwunikae6090fullaux kit.

It was professionally installed 2011. I also had base sound oem system. No issues.
That's not my question. I just don't understant why through aux is better?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #54
ArturPL
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive LCI

Just got MKi9100 installed (with screen in ashtray) and with the ISO plug and sound via speaker output. I'm already planning to get line out into aux on Saturday. Main reason is that PDC doesn't work when you stream music (which I found out by almost reversing into a wall), sound quality is also crap. Line outs + aux sounds better, PDC works as usual (unless you're on the phone) and the volume will adjust with speed. I'm thinking about getting Unika installed as well but I have 2 questions:

1) What Source, Previous/Next, Volume buttons do when you use Radio, CD ?
2) Are volume +/- button change volume on parrot as well as on the head unit ?
3) Is the voice button working ?

One more question to Dan (thanks for your posts btw), is PDC working for you with external speaker for phone ? i guess not since head unit is muted.

Last edited by ArturPL; 05-09-2014 at 02:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #55
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturUK View Post
Just got MKi9100 installed (with screen in ashtray) and with the ISO plug and sound via speaker output. I'm already planning to get line out into aux on Saturday. Main reason is that PDC doesn't work when you stream music (which I found out by almost reversing into a wall), sound quality is also crap. Line outs + aux sounds better, PDC works as usual (unless you're on the phone) and the volume will adjust with speed. I'm thinking about getting Unika installed as well but I have 2 questions:

1) What Source, Previous/Next, Volume buttons do when you use Radio, CD ?
2) Are volume +/- button change volume on parrot as well as on the head unit ?
3) Is the voice button working ?

One more question to Dan (thanks for your posts btw), is PDC working for you with external speaker for phone ? i guess not since head unit is muted.
1.) They retain oem functions if using radio, cd. Once you start streaming bt music via pandora or music player, it controls the app and parrot.
2.) No. Unika device controls the parrot volume if using the parrot. You still use the volume knob for louder or lower. I keep the parrot volume at 80% and only adjust the volume knob as needed.
3.) Voice button has no function.
I have a galaxy s4. Always update to newest parrot firmware.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:51 AM   #56
ArturPL
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive LCI

I soldered the line out to aux today and quality of the sound is much better than before (parrot => speakers). This way isn't perfect as well but much better. I'm trying to find the kit that will allow me to add Unika to my setup, anyone has a link? I've seen it somewhere on the forum but can't find it.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #57
ChrisAAA
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series Coupe SE 2010

Hi guys I have recently bought the mki9000 and am trying to install in my E92. I have managed to get the mic in place and have used a sot cable (976 I think) to connect the radio to the parrot. However I'm not getting any response from the parrot, I have connected the orange (switched ignition) cable to the cigar lighter but still nothing. Please help

I have not done anything with the mute cables or the red (constant live) lead as I'm assuming the sot cable takes care of these.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 01:47 PM   #58
kittbash
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328 XDrive

Newbie here... and I know the thread is SUPER OLD but I've got this same setup... MKI 9100 and a 2009 328 E90 with the Hifi / Logic 7.

Since I have the Center Speaker and can't add one I was wondering if the Parrot will send the phone call through the line out as it will with the music... that way all I have to do is run a line to the Aux in that's in the center console and leave the radio on Aux all the time?

Am I crazy or is this even possible?

Thanks and looking forward to posting more!
Appreciate 0