E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Is there a turbo kit for 328i??

02-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #45
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
So, J&M Motorsports has a turbo 328xi running already.
Is this the company?
http://www.jandmmotorsports.com/
It's odd that they haven't been on this forum and no one has heard anything on this company or car.
Everyone here knows it's NO problem for the fabrication at all. The problem is tuning and how much boost can safely run on these engines.
At this point, I think you're pulling our chain.

Prove me wrong.
+1 Sounds made up
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #46
Scooby328XI
Rep
Drives: 2007 328Xi

Not made up at all call j&m personally and ask them about the 328xi turbo. They mainly deal with mustangs, if it's made up how about u hit the search button or pick up a phone. Ask for tranny idk what it can hold. Depending if ur drag launching it or slamming gears. But driving normally letting the engine do the work u should be fine. It's about how u abuse the car. Again when my car is ready for all parts to be installed I will post pics and videos. I have built plenty race cars before this is only my second BMW and testing waters with Efi logics on tuning. I posted all websites for u guys to look at and call with info do ur homework before u start bashing.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #47
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby328XI View Post
Not made up at all call j&m personally and ask them about the 328xi turbo. They mainly deal with mustangs, if it's made up how about u hit the search button or pick up a phone. Ask for tranny idk what it can hold. Depending if ur drag launching it or slamming gears. But driving normally letting the engine do the work u should be fine. It's about how u abuse the car. Again when my car is ready for all parts to be installed I will post pics and videos. I have built plenty race cars before this is only my second BMW and testing waters with Efi logics on tuning. I posted all websites for u guys to look at and call with info do ur homework before u start bashing.
I see you just joined in February 2012.

Many of us have been on this forum for years and have heard many promises of a turbo or supercharger with nothing every materializing. You'll have to forgive our pessimism.

I'll call J&M on Monday to find out what's going on.

As for the strength of the transmission - it really doesn't matter if you beat on the car or not. If the internal clutches and parts can't take that amount of hp or torque then there's going to be trouble when you put the throttle to the floor - even with a roll-on.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #48
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:

Many of us have been on this forum for years and have heard many promises of a turbo or supercharger with nothing every materializing. You'll have to forgive our pessimism.
Yep. As a senior member, I feel the exact same way. Since 2005, we've been hearing so much this and that. All show, no go. We've had numerous companies who jumped into this project and backed off without saying a word.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #49
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

It's always the new members that buy used NA's, then come here and ask if there's a turbo. Then they always insist they will be the first one to do it.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #50
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiyahPK View Post
It's always the new members that buy used NA's, then come here and ask if there's a turbo. Then they always insist they will be the first one to do it.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #51
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I'll call J&M on Monday to find out what's going on.

As for the strength of the transmission - it really doesn't matter if you beat on the car or not. If the internal clutches and parts can't take that amount of hp or torque then there's going to be trouble when you put the throttle to the floor - even with a roll-on.
Wasted phone call. 392WHp and 345WTQ? I don't even think a stock m3 has that much power...

Last edited by RazRokz.!; 02-25-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #52
Scooby328XI
Rep

So u call j&m yet cuz rich is expecting a phone call from a non believer. An look at an m3 e46 333 fronm the crank stage 1 hpf kit brings it up to almost 500 u kidding me, buddy of mine knows this kid Paul who has a stage 3 hpf kit that's putting down 660whp
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #53
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep

Quote:
So u call j&m yet cuz rich is expecting a phone call from a non believer. An look at an m3 e46 333 fronm the crank stage 1 hpf kit brings it up to almost 500 u kidding me, buddy of mine knows this kid Paul who has a stage 3 hpf kit that's putting down 660whp
Read and understand the post before you comment. What I said was "I don't even think a stock m3 has that much power..." Keyword being stock. Any bimmer with a hpf kit is not anything close to stock by any means whatsoever.

p.s. I put the keywords in bold so you wouldn't miss them
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #54
Scooby328XI
Rep

Wow ppl were right a lot of people on this post are dicks.. Way to belittle people now I know yet people hate BMW owners do much. Either way I'm wasting my time with young Internet kids who think they know all.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #55
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I need some goddamn popcorn.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #56
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Wow ppl were right a lot of people on this post are dicks.. Way to belittle people now I know yet people hate BMW owners do much. Either way I'm wasting my time with young Internet kids who think they know all.
Your post makes you sound like you have the grammatical skills of kindergardener. Its not that people on this forum are dicks, its the fact that you, a newbie from what it appears to be, joined a forum of Bmw enthusiasts who know just about everything there is to know about they're cars and bring outrageous claims of things we know most likely don't exist without showing any proof. Then you suggest we call whoever you said to call. Well, you could call me and I could tell you I have a unicorn prancing around in my back yard. Would that make it true? No it wouldn't. Evidence is always needed to substantiate a claim, no exceptions...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #57
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
Your post makes you sound like you have the grammatical skills of kindergardener. Its not that people on this forum are dicks, its the fact that you, a newbie from what it appears to be, joined a forum of Bmw enthusiasts who know just about everything there is to know about they're cars and bring outrageous claims of things we know most likely don't exist without showing any proof. Then you suggest we call whoever you said to call. Well, you could call me and I could tell you I have a unicorn prancing around in my back yard. Would that make it true? No it wouldn't. Evidence is always needed to substantiate a claim, no exceptions...
I'll be calling you later this afternoon to check out the spec on that unicorn. Hope that AWD horse got enough stock bone mass to put down 400 leg hp.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #58
TSM330i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
+1

None of us would say a thing if you would have come on here with photos, video or any proof of what you speak. So far, nothing. We are completely pessimistic when it comes to this subject on this board. I've been on here for over 6 years and NO ONE has come up with a supercharger/turbcharger yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #59
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
+1

None of us would say a thing if you would have come on here with photos, video or any proof of what you speak. So far, nothing. We are completely pessimistic when it comes to this subject on this board. I've been on here for over 6 years and NO ONE has come up with a supercharger/turbcharger yet (That doesn't blow up when you change the air filter).
fixed it for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #60
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
I'll be calling you later this afternoon to check out the spec on that unicorn. Hope that AWD horse got enough stock bone mass to put down 400 leg hp.
lol
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #61
Scooby328XI
Rep

Again if u can read my post it clearly says when the car is finished all pics will be posted up all dyno sheets with videos. It doesn't take one day to turbo a vehicle and make sure all parameters are just right so I'm not some idiot blowing up a motor. I have 12 years of building Subaru motors Mitsubishi motors and Audi motors to know what to do to make things work. When I have everything set and done and turbo charged u can sit back and eat your words.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #62
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Again if u can read my post it clearly says when the car is finished all pics will be posted up all dyno sheets with videos. It doesn't take one day to turbo a vehicle and make sure all parameters are just right so I'm not some idiot blowing up a motor. I have 12 years of building Subaru motors Mitsubishi motors and Audi motors to know what to do to make things work. When I have everything set and done and turbo charged u can sit back and eat your words.
If you actually do it I will eat his words too.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #63
TSM330i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Got it. We understand that it's going to take you time, but your friends who already have a turbo car running is what we're referring to.

As a side note: These engines are COMPLETELY different than a Subaru, Mitsu or Audi. The VANOS makes it VERY difficult to do tuning and have the engines work under boost.

Good-luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #64
gaalforce
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

lol if they make a supercharger or turbo to put us past stock m3 specs id eat everyones words then panhandle for the 15gs itll probly cost
      02-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #65
Johnny D
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [9.16]
Just called J and M. Spoke to Mike I believe. He said they have done kits on older models, but nothing with the n52 motor. My phone ended up cutting out, so I didnt get to finish talking to him. Nice guy.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #66
krnet2dboi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Base

Oh yea, and I heard they have a modifications for your horses (literally) to add horns and wings to make it a flying unicorn. Lol