E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > My car is cursed!

03-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Miltzu
The flying Finn
Finland
Rep
Drives: '07 335i E92

My car is cursed!

I am getting sick and tired of this... Had my car for 10 months and this is what has been going on since I got it.

- 5 days since I got the car I scratched the side skirt on the drivers side to a curb. FIVE DAYS! I was soooo pissed. Although no one else to blame than me, and maybe the person who put the curb there... The good thing about this story is that trying to find new side skirts I ended up to this forum! Did not get new ones though.
- During the first month the car started shaking like crazy when going over 40 mph. Ended up getting two new run flat tires, they had somehow gone bad. Luckily did not have to pay for that, BMW gave me new ones under warranty.
- In August I got hit by a hail storm, size of golf balls. The car also looked like it had been hit by dozens of golf balls. Insurance helped pay the fix, I had to pay the deductible ($500).
- I burned a fuse from the cigarette lighter twice, first with a penny that fell in there and just as I got it fixed, my phone charger broke and burned another fuse. Again, BMW fixed these for free.
- During the winter when I was brushing snow off the car a plastic cover from the passenger side windshield wiper fell off. I put it back on but apparently not well enough, as I have lost it after that. Don't even know if I can buy a new one from somewhere.
- Last month I noticed one of my center caps has fallen off from my stock wheels (which I use only in the winter). Not a big deal but looks ridiculous, haven't found the energy to buy a new set yet.
- I got rear ended last month on my way to work. The damage is minimal, just tiny scratches on the rear bumper. But still pisses me off. Got $100 from the other party's insurance, which I used for a good detail.
- Two weeks ago on my way to work I got a huge rock on my windshield and a chip bigger than a quarter. Got it fixed the same day but I can still see it there, and of course it is on the drivers side so I can see it all the time when I drive.
- Last but definitely not least, some nice person is scratching my car on my parking lot. I now have a 4 inch scratch on the roof, a tiny one on passenger door, a 10 inch one on the drivers side door (very hard to notice though, it is not deep) and then some tiny ones on the hood and trunk. Oh yeah, and the asshole also cut my vinyl window trim, which I just got re-done in February.

I am just losing my mind with this shit. What have I done to deserve all this? And especially with the scratches, I just feel so helpless! I don't have a garage where to put the car into, it is parked right outside my door, I live in a nice neighborhood and I have informed the leasing office about it who told they would call the cops and ask them to make more rounds in this area. What else can I do?! I love that car more than anything else "un-living" in the world, and it is just killing me to see my baby falling apart in front of me and I don't know what to do!

I just want to cry
335i coupe :: 2007 :: Black Sapphire Metallic :: Grey Dakota Leather :: Light Poplar Wood Trim :: Premium Package :: Cold weather package :: Black grilles :: Black front mesh :: CF roundels :: GP Thunders 8500k :: 35% tint :: Custom license plate :: 19" Breyton Race GTS silver wheels w/ General exclaim UHP tires :: OEM style Aero lip with CF splitters :: Black reflectors :: CF license plate frame :: Debadged :: Smoked side markers :: Black window trim :: Black DiMisa exhaust tips
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
bimmer02
2006 330xi | Navigation | Xenons | Sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

wow...that sucks
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Every time I leave my car I am scared someone will key it. I am especially prone since I am young, as this makes people even more jealous. I always check on my car when I can, whether it be at a restaurant or at a friend's house.

I hope everything goes alright with you. I don't have a garage to put my car in either, and it is super frustrating to wake up everyday to a car with a fresh layer of nastiness.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

wow that sucks miles...i havent seen you on here in forever, sorry to hear of such bad news
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
xVeNoMx
Private First Class
Colombia
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Garage List
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
Every time I leave my car I am scared someone will key it. I am especially prone since I am young, as this makes people even more jealous. I always check on my car when I can, whether it be at a restaurant or at a friend's house.

I hope everything goes alright with you. I don't have a garage to put my car in either, and it is super frustrating to wake up everyday to a car with a fresh layer of nastiness.
true that some of the kids at my school try to scare me by saying "if i ever see your car unattended its getting keyed" but they are joking but i wouldnt but it past them

Gone- 2009 335xi BSM/SB
2010 R8 v10 Suzuka Grey/Tuscan Brown
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M

WOW!!! That sucks....... welcome back havent seen u on here in a while.... dont worry maybe all the scratches can come off with a nice detail, deff get the car clayed and waxed
      03-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Sorry to hear what happened Milla. Haven't seen you or spoken to you in the longest. Hope all is well, besides the stuff with the car.

Hope to see you at a future meet.

I feel the same way about my car sometimes. I just let it be now. Things are going to happen and it's really hard to keep the car in perfect condition.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Luongo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera T

I've had one such car about a decade ago. It was a 1996 Honda Civic DX.

Within a week of purchase, I slid on an exit ramp on a rainy day and hit a wooden reflector beam (100% my fault). Luckily, it was a pretty minor impact and required a bit of sweat to get the scratch polished off.

Then a few months later, I drove it across the country from Vancouver to Montreal. The first day in Montreal, the car got stolen. The car was found about 10 days later, but it was completely gutted. Every part that could be sold was stolen. Repair cost was over $10k for a $16k car.

After a year, I handed the car down to my brother and he bought a nice set of wheels for the car. His wheels got stolen at a parking lot of a local mall.

Also, the windshield got completely smashed to pieces while driving over a bridge from a flying piece of rock.

Some cars are just cursed! The only remedy is to sell the car and get a new ride.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
Miltzu
The flying Finn
Finland
Rep
Drives: '07 335i E92

Thanks guys! Yeah I never went anywhere, been here, just haven't been posting much because I am so damn busy at work that I have no time to get online and too tired in the evenings to catch up with all the posts. And yes I will definitely come to meets sometime soon!

I just ordered black exhaust tips today from Jlevi Just can't stop the mods...
335i coupe :: 2007 :: Black Sapphire Metallic :: Grey Dakota Leather :: Light Poplar Wood Trim :: Premium Package :: Cold weather package :: Black grilles :: Black front mesh :: CF roundels :: GP Thunders 8500k :: 35% tint :: Custom license plate :: 19" Breyton Race GTS silver wheels w/ General exclaim UHP tires :: OEM style Aero lip with CF splitters :: Black reflectors :: CF license plate frame :: Debadged :: Smoked side markers :: Black window trim :: Black DiMisa exhaust tips
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #11
TofuTurkey
Gobble gobbledygook
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltzu View Post
And especially with the scratches, I just feel so helpless! I don't have a garage where to put the car into, it is parked right outside my door, I live in a nice neighborhood and I have informed the leasing office about it who told they would call the cops and ask them to make more rounds in this area. What else can I do?! I love that car more than anything else "un-living" in the world, and it is just killing me to see my baby falling apart in front of me and I don't know what to do!
Get a small video camera and leave it on to catch the culprit(s). Someone posted motion-detecting ones a short while ago, really small ones too, easy to hide. I'm thinking more and more it's a great thing to have. It's good for hit-and-run for capturing the other guy's plates, good for catching "scratches", good for proving innocence in an accident.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #12
mdmaxxx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i AW

i went thru worst bad luck with my car........but the worst was when someone keyed it =(
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #13
MastaK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6SP

Well, I've had series of bad luck in the month of February for the span of 2 weeks.

1. Huge speeding ticket (my fault)

5 points for reckless driving
5 points for speeding
most likely license suspension

2. Hit a deer (with my daily drive IS300)

3. Windshield crack (IS300)

4. Hit with a serious virus (computer at work)

5. Lost my glasses

6. Noticed a bubble on IS300

7. Noticed a small chip on the front bumper otherwise spotless for the bimmer.

Hope this makes you feel better.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #14
bimmer02
2006 330xi | Navigation | Xenons | Sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post

same here man...when i was in HS i drove around a 3000gt vr4 yellow and everyone hated....got keyed and worst some asshole broke my wing and left it on my front windsheld....sold that car a year later
Appreciate 0