E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > PGH Vintage Grand Prix - BMW Pavillion this July

05-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
JLee83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Barbera red 2008 335xi coupe

PGH Vintage Grand Prix - BMW Pavillion this July

http://www.pvgp.org/bmw/

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
This event is always a good time. It's actually a full week long but the time trials and race itself are over the weekend - July 18-21.

The event is a vintage car race (all makes and models) through the winding streets of Pittsburgh and a local golf course. The BMW tent is right on one of the back turns of the race course - perfect spot to watch the race...in the middle of a sea of BMW's, Mercedes Benz, and Porsches.

The turn out at the BMW Pavillion has really grown in recent years.
Some of the absolute best cars on this site reside in the northeast so if you can get away over a weekend in the summer for a really enjoyable event - keep this one in mind.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I totally agree - a great time it is indeeed
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Mikaman
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

and the weekend before!

Don't forget the Historic Races the weekend before, on July 13-14. They are held at Pennsylvania International Raceway Park (PIRC), the track formerly known as BeaveRun (and everyone still calls it that) -- about 30 miles north of the city, near Beaver Falls. Not as many spectators as the Schenley Park event, and no car show -- but you'll see different cars than you'll see at Schenley. The big/fast cars can't race at Schenley, Mustangs, Corvettes, Cobra's, GT40's, etc so the only place to see them is BeaveRun (oops I mean PIRC). There is also a race group for newer (non-vintage) cars at BeaveRun, which is usually mostly BMW's and Porsches.

In the vintage groups, there are always a few BMW's at both events, mostly 2002's.

Great events, and it's all for charity -- I highly recommend both weekends! (I'll be racing my '57 MGA at both -- red, race number 185, stop by and say hello)
Appreciate 0