E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Canada Classifieds Section > a delivery truck reversed into me

06-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
murcielago07
Emperor
Botswana
Rep
Drives: E92 - 328i JB

a delivery truck reversed into me

Hi,

I was parking into a spot today, and there was a truck parked on the side of the road,
as I was driving into the space, he reversed and hit me on the passenger rear side by the back lights..

I am assuming it's 100% his fault, but can insurance say different?
I was parking and the guy just reversed in to me.

I am not sure if there was a CCTV..
could it be my fault? damage is at least $3000+ apparently

and by the way,
he hit me with his big delivery truck so 0 damage on his car, it was a one of those steel steps at the back of the truck that hit me. It belongs to a big brewery company, should I call the company? I dont want to pay anything for this damage

cant really draw it on computer,
but

|
------ TRUCK
|
------
| <-------ME
------ TRYING TO TURN LEFT INTO THIS SPOT
|
------
|
------
|
------

like above, i was driving south, truck was parked like 10m away,
i turned left into the parking spot (toronto public parking on the side of the paved street) and as i was about 80% in he started reversing and hit me passenger rear by the lights.

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
murcielago07
Emperor
Botswana
Rep
Drives: E92 - 328i JB

how do you delete?
i posted in a wrong section, sorry

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

I hope you immediately took pictures of the incident before either vehicle was moved after the collision. This will be important in determining fault. And did you also obtain the other driver's information?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
oy9069
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 323i

I had a similar incident couple of months ago where I was driving in a parking lot and all of the sudden felt a bump from behind. I turn around to realize some girl was reversing out without looking back (I was going eastbound and she was going northbound) and hit my passenger rear side. Damage wasn't that bad (just over $1000) but she decided to put together a story and told her insurance company that I had hit her vehicle and it was my fault. I took lots of pictures both damages done to both vehicles and sent it to my insurance company. I was told by my company that 9 times out of 10 its at the fault of the person reversing even inside a parking lot. So I think the chances are looking quite favourable for you in being decided as not at fault. good luck!
Appreciate 0