E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Post a picture of your motorcycle

08-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #397
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

watch in 720p HD... these guys have the biggest balls on the planet
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #398
XR_SIX
Bading-dong!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E93 M3 AW, '09 R6

Garage List
2011.5 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James
god damn! those riders have balls of steel
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #399
nycbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 TiAg 328xi

michael dunlop - joey's kid?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #400
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbr View Post
michael dunlop - joey's kid?
No, nephew.

Michael and brother William Dunlop (who also competes in the TT) are the sons of Joey's brother, Robert Dunlop, who was also a road racer, and like Joey was killed while racing.
      08-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #401
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_SIX View Post
god damn! those riders have balls of steel
Yup.... no room for error on the TT, as it can go horribly wrong in an instant, as Connor Cummins crash from 2010 shows.....

08-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #402
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

TT is absolutely insane. Who's watched the TT movie?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #403
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
+1
Got that right!!
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #404
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

Holy crap. Just got back from Portugal. Took a weekend trip to go ride Portimao.

That is the most batshit insane track i have ever ridden. So many blind turns, and DRASTIC elevation changes. It made Jerez and Estoril look like childs play by comparison.

Second session I binned it. Turn 7 is a right hand hairpin that goes uphill. Was carrying too much speed trying to be billy badass, and too much lean angle, caught my rearset on the ground due to the camber and elevation change and it just hooked and took me down.

Damage was pretty minimal to the bike. Mainly cosmetic, I was/am fine, was able to ride the bike back to the garage, clean out the gravel from my belly pan, change brake levers and continue riding the rest of the day.

Got lots of video to sort through, but once I get something up on youtube I will post up here.
      08-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #405
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
I still don't get how they fit their marbles in those tight suits....

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #406
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
Especially considering how big they must be.
      08-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #407
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
"...vee do eet all zee time..."

sincerely,
Russian Woman's Gymnastics Team
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #408
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

For those guys that wear barely any gear....

Last week a guy I work with was in a motorcycle accident. I assumed he was out on vacation until today when he came back into the office and stopped by my desk.

He is newer rider with a 650 Ninja. He said a guy (car) in front of him slammed on his brakes to avoid a branch or something in the road... caught him by surprise and he too liberally used the rear brakes and pretty much low sided doing ~ 40 mph.

I asked him what gear he had on: Just a helmet and thankfully at least a jacket with armor.

But no gloves, was wearing sneakers and jeans.

His hands are torn up bad. Front and back. His ankle took a good direct shot (horribly swollen - and this is after a week since the accident) and his one knee is scraped up REAL bad - surprised he didn't break anything to be honest.

After telling him I was glad to see he was still walking around and nothing major - I lectured him about not having more gear on... especially gloves! You can literally see where his jacket sleeve started because everything else from his wrist onward up his hand looks like it went through a meat grinder. I was like dude, if you had had gloves on, decent boots and riding pants you probably would not have 90% of the injuries you do.

Main thing is he is alright. But sucks to see that happen when if he had worn more gear it would have been a lot different story in terms of severity of his injuries. At least his helmet was a nice full face Shoei and his head is fine.

Just thought I'd share - hopefully convince some of the guys on here say they wear a limited amount of gear on here to finally get some proper stuff. Just because it's 'hot' is not an excuse to not wear gear.

Ride safe.
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #409
burningchicken
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
"...vee do eet all zee time..."

sincerely,
Russian Woman's Gymnastics Team
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #410
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchesbass View Post
For those guys that wear barely any gear....

Last week a guy I work with was in a motorcycle accident. I assumed he was out on vacation until today when he came back into the office and stopped by my desk.

He is newer rider with a 650 Ninja. He said a guy (car) in front of him slammed on his brakes to avoid a branch or something in the road... caught him by surprise and he too liberally used the rear brakes and pretty much low sided doing ~ 40 mph.

I asked him what gear he had on: Just a helmet and thankfully at least a jacket with armor.

But no gloves, was wearing sneakers and jeans.

His hands are torn up bad. Front and back. His ankle took a good direct shot (horribly swollen - and this is after a week since the accident) and his one knee is scraped up REAL bad - surprised he didn't break anything to be honest.

After telling him I was glad to see he was still walking around and nothing major - I lectured him about not having more gear on... especially gloves! You can literally see where his jacket sleeve started because everything else from his wrist onward up his hand looks like it went through a meat grinder. I was like dude, if you had had gloves on, decent boots and riding pants you probably would not have 90% of the injuries you do.

Main thing is he is alright. But sucks to see that happen when if he had worn more gear it would have been a lot different story in terms of severity of his injuries. At least his helmet was a nice full face Shoei and his head is fine.

Just thought I'd share - hopefully convince some of the guys on here say they wear a limited amount of gear on here to finally get some proper stuff. Just because it's 'hot' is not an excuse to not wear gear.

Ride safe.
I agree with you 100%. I am one of those guys that wears my gear all the time. I see some riders out there that choose to ride without it because of the weather, or because it ain't cool ( I guess ). I have seen some guys blow past me doing over 90 in flip flops and a tank top...

I get a little ribbing from a couple other riders I know every now and then about wearing all my gear, but I always come back with "I would rather sweat than bleed". That usually ends the conversation right there.

For those who believe that their riding skills are top notch, and feel that they will NEVER go down, please keep in mind that accidents and or mistakes can happen even if you are doing everything right. We all share the road, so remember that there are drivers and riders on the streets that may not take their driving skills as seriously as some of us enthusiasts do. Those are the ones that will ruin your day.

BTW, being in a cast, or having 70% of your body covered with road rash ain't all that "cool" either... just my $0.02

Be safe out there
      08-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #411
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I agree with you 100%. I am one of those guys that wears my gear all the time. I see some riders out there that choose to ride without it because of the weather, or because it ain't cool ( I guess ). I have seen some guys blow past me doing over 90 in flip flops and a tank top...

I get a little ribbing from a couple other riders I know every now and then about wearing all my gear, but I always come back with "I would rather sweat than bleed". That usually ends the conversation right there.

For those who believe that their riding skills are top notch, and feel that they will NEVER go down, please keep in mind that accidents and or mistakes can happen even if you are doing everything right. We all share the road, so remember that there are drivers and riders on the streets that may not take their driving skills as seriously as some of us enthusiasts do. Those are the ones that will ruin your day.

BTW, being in a cast, or having 70% of your body covered with road rash ain't all that "cool" either... just my $0.02

Be safe out there
I ain't better then Jorge Lorenzo, and he wears all his gear. So I'll stick to wearing my gear untill I'm better then he is...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #412
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

i got my textile/mesh jacket in 2 weeks ago.

so now i got helmet, gloves and jacket.

in Houston with that mesh jacket, it felt real good even with a 108 heat index....

it even has the hard plastics on the elbows/forearms/shoulders....
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #413
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
I ain't better then Jorge Lorenzo, and he wears all his gear. So I'll stick to wearing my gear untill I'm better then he is...
I hear that. He leads by example by doing that, lol. That is what all good leaders are remembered for... leading by example.

... I'm sure his lap times help him to be remembered as well...
      08-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #414
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

90% of the time, I wear my gear. A nice padded denim jacket, gloves, nice Shoei helmet, and touring boots.

I am however guilty of occasionally zooming to the store 1/4 mile away on super hot days (over 100) otherwise I wear all my gear every time I ride.

20 some-odd years ago, at about 50-55mph a car merged into me on the freeway, I hit the car in front of me, went up onto the back of that car, slid off, and was then run over by a truck and a van. I raced back then and I was wearing ALL my racing gear, and luckily I lived. Tore my rotator cuff, broke 3 ribs, broken tailbone, 3 cracked vertebrae, broken ankle and the worst most painful pinched nerve in my shoulder. Helmet was spun backwards on my head and cracked in half where the tire ran it over, boots had tire tread marks across them.
If I hadn't have worn every piece of gear that I had on I'd probably be dead.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #415
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep

Here are some pics of the bike... just finished my garage floor.

They were kicked out of the house while I did the work and it dried/set for a couple days.

After/During the concrete etching

After drying and back in.

E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #416
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep

Also here is another short video of the Europe trip we took that my buddy just put together recently. I'm putting together a full length video that will probably just be our personal viewing... but never the less the footage is always fun to watch (at least for me/us).

Scroll right to 44 seconds.. not sure why he put all that stuff in up front LOL.

E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #417
DB
M3/Raptor
United_States
Rep
Drives: to the track

Really enjoyed the video of the Euro trip. I'm going to Germany this fall and am now going to look for a place to rent a bike.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #418
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Appreciate 0